• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP Quote Of The Day

Standuble

That doesn't seem to make sense. Something about information theory ? Seems fishy.

What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.

Can you, *pokes*

Standuble

Can you, *pokes*

Perhaps. However I wonder whether you could give any insight into which part invokes your idea of information theory? I assumed you referred to the size of the artificial intelligence system mentioned, where its sheer size without sophisticated design would give birth to a less efficient brain?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably

Standuble

Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably

Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.
Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.

Standuble

Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.

Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.
*ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

gotta go!

Standuble

*ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

gotta go!

Off you go then. Thank you for not letting it get to the point where I am pulling my hair out due to having to deal with an extremely irritating line of questioning.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I feel weird. I can't describe it. Is this what feeling an emotion is like? I think I'm having...feelings."

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
"I feel weird. I can't describe it. Is this what feeling an emotion is like? I think I'm having...feelings."

I call them fillings.
Also, It could have just been the flue or acid reflux. Easy mistake to make.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I call them fillings.
Also, It could have just been the flue or acid reflux. Easy mistake to make.

Yeah, I wasn't sure when I said it. I thought the flu was a good bet.

Permabanned
hxnkszt