User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That doesn't seem to make sense. Something about information theory ? Seems fishy.
    What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.

  2. #22
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.
    Can you, *pokes*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Can you, *pokes*
    Perhaps. However I wonder whether you could give any insight into which part invokes your idea of information theory? I assumed you referred to the size of the artificial intelligence system mentioned, where its sheer size without sophisticated design would give birth to a less efficient brain?

  4. #24
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably
    Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

    So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.

  6. #26
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

    So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.
    Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.
    Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.

  8. #28
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.
    *ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

    gotta go!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    *ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

    gotta go!
    Off you go then. Thank you for not letting it get to the point where I am pulling my hair out due to having to deal with an extremely irritating line of questioning.

  10. #30
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    "I feel weird. I can't describe it. Is this what feeling an emotion is like? I think I'm having...feelings."
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJ Quote Of The Day
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM
  2. [ISTJ] ISTJ Quote of the day (6/27/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 11:59 AM
  3. ISTJ Quote of the day (6/6/12)
    By Mal12345 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
  4. Google Quote of the Day
    By VagrantFarce in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 06:45 PM
  5. [INFJ] INFJ Favorite Quote of the Day
    By lillyofthevalley in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO