User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That doesn't seem to make sense. Something about information theory ? Seems fishy.
    What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    What's the problem with it? It is a parody post, making a caricature of the NeTi thought process. I can argue information theory with you if you like.
    Can you, *pokes*
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Can you, *pokes*
    Perhaps. However I wonder whether you could give any insight into which part invokes your idea of information theory? I assumed you referred to the size of the artificial intelligence system mentioned, where its sheer size without sophisticated design would give birth to a less efficient brain?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Mistaken assumption, however latency time would certainly be a factor. My main concern was the bit about gravity. That was vague and skipping steps at best, idiotically random most probably
    Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Heh intentionally idiotic for the most part and a science epic fail on my part in regards to the rest. The image I had in mind was one where the entire core (and if I recall the entire mantle) was completely hollowed out to make way for the uber-computer and immense nuclear fusion facilities (to be stored inside like a super hot, irradiated cave) and that the immense loss of mass would cause a large drop in Earth's gravitational field and a large drop in its gravitational pull, enough for a larger loss of atmosphere at the least to all the atmosphere being blown away by solar winds due to weakened magnetic field at the worst. With a bit of space magic and science-fiction said mega-AI could artificially regulate the amount of gravity and magnetism to the point where life on the surface goes on (sort of) until it decides it has had enough and causes a drop which causes all terrestial life to go extinct.

So basically the whole thing relies on a stretching of credibility. As someone who uses Ne and experiences its output of (often ridiculous) possibilities I was parodying a potential ENTP who would suggest the idea but then realise a moment later that its not consistent with their understanding of physics. But by that point what's said cannot be unsaid.
    Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.

... In theory.

Yeah but that sounds like a Ti deficient version of an entp. It's more fantasy than science.
    Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Well I'm an Fi user so IMO Ihave an excuse for creating that. Fantasy is my domain though I wish science was also to the same degree. Like I said it could be for a potential entp which could be one with an underdeveloped Ti. Besides, I wrote that if I recall one day when I had nothing else to do. It was in jest and I expected it to just sink into oblivion as another forsaken post which misunderstands the ENTP mindset. I did not think it would be critically analysed in this fashion.
    *ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

gotta go!

... In theory.

*ti keeps poking poor infp until she/he starts screaming*

gotta go!
    Off you go then. Thank you for not letting it get to the point where I am pulling my hair out due to having to deal with an extremely irritating line of questioning.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

"I feel weird. I can't describe it. Is this what feeling an emotion is like? I think I'm having...feelings."
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex