User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Vehicles

MBTI
    N358

Default Vehicles

Let us discuss, correlation of MBTI types and vehicles! Cars have personality. Whether that personality is interesting or not is a different issue, just like people!

Discuss!

The military tank! An armored death machine manned by a loyal crew, it obliterates everything in it's path! Totally ENTJ.
    --------------------------------

--
    Stylish and bad, this is the perfect vehicle for escaping from the police and compensating for your lack of personality when seducing trashy shallow women from the bar. ISTX. All the way.

--

Who needs aesthetics or performance when you've got the ability to haul a soccer team and their equipment, a hoarde of stranded Mexican hitchhikers(which may also be the former), a 3 month supply of groceries, and the entire VHS collector set of Sex and the City? The ESFJ sure as hell doesnt.

--

What car can properly express that fact that your ESFP daughter has no lid to keep her brains contained inside her skull, but is also trendy at the same time? The New Ford Mustang! And a 5-star crash test rating for when she inevitably runs off the road because she was talking on her cellphone instead of driving!

--

What vehicle is equipped with anti-fogging windows which will stay clear when you hotbox the cab, and run on vegetable/hash oil for when you run out of gasoline?(which you probably will. very soon) Why, the Volkswagen bus, dude! Thats right, you've been stuck behind an INFP driving 35 in a 65 for the last 3 days!

--

MBTI
    ENFJ

You've got it wrong.

That motorcycle can't be ISTJ -- they wouldn't run from the police. They'd take it like some kind of good citizen. You've got to stick with just ISTP.

And with the van, there's no way in HELL an introvert is driving something with so many stoned people in the back. It has to be some sort of ENF.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

ISTJ
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    N358

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    You've got it wrong.

That motorcycle can't be ISTJ -- they wouldn't run from the police. They'd take it like some kind of good citizen. You've got to stick with just ISTP.

And with the van, there's no way in HELL an introvert is driving something with so many stoned people in the back. It has to be some sort of ENF.
    Nah, you just read too much theory and don't see any real world examples. I know of two ISTJ bikers, and both of them have a criminal record. They obey the rules. Just depends what rules. If you think Im wrong, you can go down to a biker bar for yourself and start issuing MBTI tests to them.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    Nah, you just read too much theory and don't see any real world examples. I know of two ISTJ bikers, and both of them have a criminal record. They obey the rules. Just depends what rules. If you think Im wrong, you can go down to a biker bar for yourself and start issuing MBTI tests to them.
    We're typing vehicles, for fuck's sake. We've got to go by stereotypes. Otherwise we're lost.

MBTI
    INXP

Right, because people aren't likely to have the money to buy a vehicle that amuses them until they are a bit older.. and as they are older they want to play with the lesser functions. Witness the 40 year old man, with a classic ESTJ personality go out and buy an SP sports car.

MBTI
    N358

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    We're typing vehicles, for fuck's sake. We've got to go by stereotypes. Otherwise we're lost.
    Well if the stereotypes are wrong, why should the vehicles be based on them?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sling View Post
    Well if the stereotypes are wrong, why should the vehicles be based on them?
    Well, in general, the SJ stereotype is wrong -- Si tends to blend in very well with everything, giving a strong sense of 'normal' to the SJ. They're not always rule-abiding citizens, they're not always rule abiding citizens, they're just very good at "when in Rome, do as the Romans do."

If that's the case, get rid of the ESFJ stereotype of the van. And get rid of all of them. A lot of INFPs have minivans, a lot of SPs drive tanks, and et cetera et cetera.

Or are we going by the personality of the VEHICLE rather than the personality of who's driving it? In that case, a motorcycle would still be an SP vehicle, even though a lot of SJs would still ride them, simply because riding a motorcycle is a very Se experience.

If I may add, here's an INTP car:

The Delorean! Because, you know, a car that ran on plutonium in 1985 was a *great* idea.

MBTI
    FiSi

INFP

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

As an ENFJ, I would say Tucker Torpedo. Anything over-the-top, unsafe, equipped with a crash cubbie in the floorboard, and too fast to keep traction.

Though I do covet the Delorean.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious