• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Little House on the Prairie

Sophie

I'm totally in love with this TV series!

Charles: ESfJ
Caroline: ISFJ
Mary: ISFJ
Laura: __FP
Albert: ISTP
Carrie and Grace: dunno...

Guesses? Any thought about the other characters are welcome too!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Books > The TV Show
plus you get Garth Williams's charming illustrations.

garth-williams-little-house-on-the-prairie-original-artwork.jpg

It has been too long for me to attempt to type them, though.

OdangoHead

MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty sure Laura's an extrovert.

Sophie

The books always have a better quality than the series/ movies... that's why I'm seaching so much for them where I live! :wubbie:

~~~~

I guess there's a difference in Laura's personality in the books and in the series.

Sometimes I see her typed as ISFJ, other times as INFP... so I have my doubts.

I personally see her more as an extrovert.

Starry

I do remember having watched this show when I was younger...yet to say *totally love*....that would not necessarily describe my feelings for the series. I mean, I think I was somewhat interested merely because it was a show about 'another little girl'...but other than that I think I was fairly 'take-it-or-leave-it' with regards to Michael Landon's 'heavy on the Christianity/miracles' version of this tale.

The actual books though...I was crazy for those ('totally loved'). I think I read the entire collection 2 or 3 times maybe (?) when I was around 8 - 10yo. <--- And then recently...I read a couple of these books again just to see what I would remember/what I would think of them...

And what struck me the most this last time was..."Holy shit Pa was an EP e7!!!" Or I should say...Laura Ingalls Wilder's account of her father...however accurate or idealized or altered...the Pa from the books was a total EP e7...(I believe ESTP). I guess I was just surprised by this realization because as I child...I wasn't necessarily 'relating' to Pa...but now...it's now clear to me Pa & I have some 'similiar issues' haha.

Also from the books...Ma seems like a classic ISTJ...and Laura herself ESFP...but I didn't put a great deal of thought into typing the characters. Just tripped-out on Pa.

Sophie

I understand your point, Starry. I agree with you about the Micheal Landon's version being 'heavy on the Christianity/miracles' (it's exaggerated very often), even without reading the books yet. I guess he also put a lot of his own personality on Pa, what makes him FJ-ish on the series (as long as I know, Landon was an INFJ), resembling a lot e1w2 too. I'm really curious to read the books and spot those differences.

I can see Laura as an EFP type. :yes:

Last edited:

LauraIngallsWalton

MBTI Type
INFJ

Oh I love this show too! It's always been one of my favorites! :) Laura is definitely a hard one. She's my favorite character from this show, but her personality is so complex! If I were to guess, I'd say she's an ESTP. But at other times, she's an ISTJ. But most of the time, I'd say she's an ESTP. :) Grace was so young when the show ended, it's hard to identify a personality on a 3-year old girl. :) As for Carrie, she was one of the most underdeveloped characters on this show. I honestly have no idea what to call her personality.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do remember having watched this show when I was younger...yet to say *totally love*....that would not necessarily describe my feelings for the series. I mean, I think I was somewhat interested merely because it was a show about 'another little girl'...but other than that I think I was fairly 'take-it-or-leave-it' with regards to Michael Landon's 'heavy on the Christianity/miracles' version of this tale.

The actual books though...I was crazy for those ('totally loved'). I think I read the entire collection 2 or 3 times maybe (?) when I was around 8 - 10yo. <--- And then recently...I read a couple of these books again just to see what I would remember/what I would think of them...

And what struck me the most this last time was..."Holy shit Pa was an EP e7!!!" Or I should say...Laura Ingalls Wilder's account of her father...however accurate or idealized or altered...the Pa from the books was a total EP e7...(I believe ESTP). I guess I was just surprised by this realization because as I child...I wasn't necessarily 'relating' to Pa...but now...it's now clear to me Pa & I have some 'similiar issues' haha.

Also from the books...Ma seems like a classic ISTJ...and Laura herself ESFP...but I didn't put a great deal of thought into typing the characters. Just tripped-out on Pa.

I agree about Pa. I am going on the books, not the TV show because I have been reading and re-reading the books for years. (though I did watch the TV show in my childhood). I think he is an EP e7 too. He just can't sit still and wants to always see new places. He puts up with Caroline's nagging pretty well too.

Laura in the books I am convinced after years of pondering it: INFP. Sometimes she can be very Ti in her descriptions, so maybe even INTP. She is definitely an introvert who uses Ti/Fi.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Laura: ISFP 6w7 4w3 9w8
Mary: ISTJ 5w6 1w9 3w4
Pa: ESFJ 2w1 9w1 6w7
Caroline: ISTJ 6w5 1w9 2w3
Nellie: ENFJ 8w7 3w4 7w6
Willie: ESTP 6w7 9w8 2w3
Nels: ISFJ 9w1 2w3 6w7
Harriot: ENFJ 8w7 3w2 6w7