• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type these characters?

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I am sure you will all find this interesting:
Kicking Lettuce Personality Profiling

I have tried to type and then describe how i came to these conclusion of the following shows:

24, Gilmore Girls, Prison Break, The West Wing, The Office, Arrested Development, and Scrubs... please let me know where I have gone wrong!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
The Office

Michael Scott - ENFP
Jim Halpert - EsTP
Dwight Schrute - ESTJ
Pam Beesly - INFp
Roy Anderson - ISTP
Karen Fillipelli - EsFJ
Andy Bernard - ESFP
Creen Bratton - IsTP
Darryl Philbin - ISTj
Angela Martin - ISTJ
Oscar Martinez - INTp
Meredith Palmer - eSTP
Phyllis Lapin - ISFP
Jan Levinson - EnTJ
Ryan Howard (pre-promo) - IsTJ / (post-promo) ENTJ
Kelly Kapoor - ESFP
Stanley Hudson - ISTj
Toby Flenderson - InFP

Edit - whoops. I thought you were asking for opinions on type. My bad.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Not all ISTPs are shallow, which you imply in your description of Jack Bauer.

"Not complex" does not mean shallow. He is merely very easy to type. I may change the wording now that you mentioned it. Other wise Jack might walk in and cap me - after along torture session.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I pretty much agree with your ideas for "24" characters!
Great show!

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I pretty much agree with your ideas for "24" characters!
Great show!

Thanks, cause I have some serious doubt on some of my decescions... I am sure some of my opinions will change. It's a work in progress. This is a tough thing for a hardcore J like me to do. I want things signed sealed and delivered!

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hm, I disagree slightly with some of your Scrubs assessments. For Elliot, you've put both INFJ and ISFJ as possibilities. I'd like to say ISFJ, but it's hard because her character is really inconsistent throughout the series. In the first two seasons (more the first), I would say INFJ but due to the poor continuation of her character I find it hard to imagine her being Ni-dominant in the later seasons. Nurse Laverne, I almost want to type her as ESTJ rather than ISTJ if only due to her extreme interest in gossip. Otherwise I think your assessment is fairly accurate.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Hm, I disagree slightly with some of your Scrubs assessments. For Elliot, you've put both INFJ and ISFJ as possibilities. I'd like to say ISFJ, but it's hard because her character is really inconsistent throughout the series. In the first two seasons (more the first), I would say INFJ but due to the poor continuation of her character I find it hard to imagine her being Ni-dominant in the later seasons. Nurse Laverne, I almost want to type her as ESTJ rather than ISTJ if only due to her extreme interest in gossip. Otherwise I think your assessment is fairly accurate.

Actually I agree on scrubs. Elliot is difficult.

I am going to update it and possibly make Roberts ISTP? and Ted INFP.

redacted

elliot seems like an IFP to me.

i'll say isfp

edit: also,
cox = entj
carla = enfj
jordan seems intj

agree with:
jd = enfp
turk = esfp
janitor = intj (good one)
kelso = istj
todd = estp
ted = intp

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know, Elliott seems very "J" to me. Particularly in the beginning seasons. Again, it's hard to tell as she has inconsistent writing, but in the beginning she was very organized bookworm-like and had issues breaking that mold. In the later seasons it seems as though she did a flip from INFJ to ISFX. I really hate that they switched her character. No character development is always better than bad character development.

After considering it more, I'll have to agree with Dr. Cox as an ENTJ. He exudes Te like the world would die without it. I'd say he has a fairly well-developped P side though. I like Carla as ESFJ though. She's very traditional in her desires and very materialistic in her needs. Jordan, while definitely an I (it appears that I missed that assessment on the website), is perhaps more ISTJ. Again, she exudes Te to an extent and I like tertiary Fi for her, but I'm not sure about the N. She changes throughout the series as well, though I think it's more believable. Like Dr. Cox I believe her P side is fairly well-developped.

Nurse Roberts works as an ISTP, thinking about it more. Ted... Eh, either works for him. He's been beaten down so much that it's hard to tell. I think I like NF more for him than NT however.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Leonardo: ISTJ
Raphael: ENFP
Donatello: INTJ
Michaelangelo: ESFP

:D

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
I don't know, Elliott seems very "J" to me. Particularly in the beginning seasons. Again, it's hard to tell as she has inconsistent writing, but in the beginning she was very organized bookworm-like and had issues breaking that mold. In the later seasons it seems as though she did a flip from INFJ to ISFX. I really hate that they switched her character. No character development is always better than bad character development.

After considering it more, I'll have to agree with Dr. Cox as an ENTJ. He exudes Te like the world would die without it. I'd say he has a fairly well-developped P side though. I like Carla as ESFJ though. She's very traditional in her desires and very materialistic in her needs. Jordan, while definitely an I (it appears that I missed that assessment on the website), is perhaps more ISTJ. Again, she exudes Te to an extent and I like tertiary Fi for her, but I'm not sure about the N. She changes throughout the series as well, though I think it's more believable. Like Dr. Cox I believe her P side is fairly well-developped.

Nurse Roberts works as an ISTP, thinking about it more. Ted... Eh, either works for him. He's been beaten down so much that it's hard to tell. I think I like NF more for him than NT however.

This was the analysis I was looking for! I agree, I am going to change Roberts and Ted (haven't had the time yet... will today)... I agree, No way Carla is an N. I didn't see Jordan as an I??? Cox, J vs P is close... ENTP seems close, I am not sure. Maybe ENTJ is better? Elliot is completely neurotic and anal-retentive.... seems way J to me... although, like you say, she seems NFP to me recently....

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
The Office

Michael Scott - ENFP
Jim Halpert - EsTP
Dwight Schrute - ESTJ
Pam Beesly - INFp
Roy Anderson - ISTP
Karen Fillipelli - EsFJ
Andy Bernard - ESFP
Creen Bratton - IsTP
Darryl Philbin - ISTj
Angela Martin - ISTJ
Oscar Martinez - INTp
Meredith Palmer - eSTP
Phyllis Lapin - ISFP
Jan Levinson - EnTJ
Ryan Howard (pre-promo) - IsTJ / (post-promo) ENTJ
Kelly Kapoor - ESFP
Stanley Hudson - ISTj
Toby Flenderson - InFP

Edit - whoops. I thought you were asking for opinions on type. My bad.

Actually, glad to see this too.... Michael an N? He is so superficial. I have Toby as ISFJ, but this doesn't seem right... and ideas? I agree about Ryan, he changes. But to ESTJ? He blatantly broke the rules... Meredith an E??? I can see her as a Promoter type kind of--one that doesn't talk much. Maybe she is to messed up to have feelings? interesting idea... most messed up people are INFP's (but not all INFP's are messed up). She seems INFP to me... Oscar is a tricky one, I can't figure him out.... I have ISTJ - jus doesn't sit right... Pam seems ISFP, not N. She is an artist.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
This was the analysis I was looking for! I agree, I am going to change Roberts and Ted (haven't had the time yet... will today)... I agree, No way Carla is an N. I didn't see Jordan as an I??? Cox, J vs P is close... ENTP seems close, I am not sure. Maybe ENTJ is better? Elliot is completely neurotic and anal-retentive.... seems way J to me... although, like you say, she seems NFP to me recently....
It's hard to say. Jordan often seems solitary almost to me. The thing that decided it for me was because when she first took a more permanent hospital job she had issues making friends. I think her forwardness is more a defense on her part rather than how she really is. Te can often make a person appear more outward than they are. That's why characters with that function are hard to type. She's probably borderline E/I, because while she doesn't fit the extrovert mold, she doesn't really seem to need much "recharging" time either. With Dr. Cox, I think it's the difference between Ti and Te that makes his type easier to tell. He's not that J in character, but Te is definitely his tool.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Actually, glad to see this too.... Michael an N? He is so superficial. I have Toby as ISFJ, but this doesn't seem right... and ideas? I agree about Ryan, he changes. But to ESTJ? He blatantly broke the rules... Meredith an E??? I can see her as a Promoter type kind of--one that doesn't talk much. Maybe she is to messed up to have feelings? interesting idea... most messed up people are INFP's (but not all INFP's are messed up). She seems INFP to me... Oscar is a tricky one, I can't figure him out.... I have ISTJ - jus doesn't sit right... Pam seems ISFP, not N. She is an artist.

My primary rationale for typing Michael as an N is his use of dramatic imagery to enhance his office speeches/performances. "I am Michael, and I am part English, Irish, German, and Scottish, sort of a virtual United Nations"; his inability to understand social cues, etc.

He's a ditzy ENFP, I think. I used to type him as ESFP, but was convinced otherwise by Nocapszy.

I had Ryan an ENTJ. He's aggressive; callous; transcendent goals (Dunder-Mifflin Infinity) - rapid progression towards something of a ruthless visionary in Season 4.

Oscar is very difficult. He seems more N to me. Less concerned with appeasing Michael than other S-types (Phyllis; Dwight; Angela) ISTJ could also work. I'd like to see his character explored in upcoming seasons.

Pam is interesting. She's rarely in the here-and-now of the office and has established personal goals that require a reasonable degree of academic sophistication to accomplish.

In Season 4, she seems much more dominant; aggressive - she's more of a take-charge kinda gal. How that relates to type is debatable; just a curiosity I've noticed.

As a sidebar, some NF artists include gents like Rembrandt; Picasso and Goya. To be fair, Pam's projects typically center on sketches and oil works v. the abstract. I like INFP, but ISFP seems reasonable too.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I agree with most of your typings. I would say that your best guesses are right for all of them- I would go with ISTJ for Curtis. ISTJs have no problem being a boss if that is necessary to get the job done.

I notice there were three important characters you didn't type. They were all gone after the third season. I have ideas on the types of them.

First, there is Terri Bauer- Jack's wife. In the beginning of the first season, they were separated and Terri was kidnapped by bad guys along with Kim. I think the one thing about Jack and Terri is that they were near opposites in personality. Their parenting techniques towards Kim were very different. Terri was more disapproving of many of the things Kim did than Jack. Terri was a Guardian and Jack (definitely an ISTP) is not a control-freak with Kim. This made Kim have a better relationship with Jack in the first season.

I would say that Terri is an ESFJ. At one point in Season 2 when Jack talks to Nina about exactly the kind of person she took away from him- Jack describes her as a person who can strike up a conversation with anyone and was always friendly and nice- something Jack comments, he would never be able to do himself. However, even though Terri and Jack are so different- I think they are both Sensing types. Thus, I say Terri is an ESFJ.

Nina- the mole of CTU. After Season 1, she is portrayed as a cold-blooded killer who has no remorse for anything that she has done. Given her role on the show, I am stuck between two types: INTP & ISTP. Definitely an Introvert, 100% Thinking, and she had an idea of how to get what she wanted but mostly did so by going with the flow and improvising which suggested Perceiving. I'm most likely going with ISTP.

Then there is Chase- the field agent that Kim almost married. Chase was only in one season but he seemed to be a more immature version of Jack. I am very positive he is an STP type. I haven't seen the third season in so long. It was obvious that he was supposed to be like Jack in many ways but more impulsive. I am going for ESTP with ISTP being a second choice.

Finally, Martha Logan.
A paranoid but good-hearted ENFP.

She and Aaron Pierce (INFJ) had that NF connection but very different personalities otherwise.

Hope this helps you out with 24!
Also, I think Wayne Palmer is an F, not a T.
The way he didn't want to go to war was done in a F-ish manner rather than a T-ish one, compromise always comes first- political beliefs aside, this is what Wayne wanted to do. That's why I'm going for ESFP with him.

IXTJ

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Also, I think Wayne Palmer is an F, not a T.
The way he didn't want to go to war was done in a F-ish manner rather than a T-ish one, compromise always comes first- political beliefs aside, this is what Wayne wanted to do. That's why I'm going for ESFP with him.

I can not see Wayne as an ESFP. He just doesn't seem like that happy kind care free type of "performer". I'd say he fits ENFP over ESFP. But I would struggle to find his N-side. And he was an ex-Marine for 7 years. Not sure an F can survive that type of an environment.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can not see Wayne as an ESFP. He just doesn't seem like that happy kind care free type of "performer". I'd say he fits ENFP over ESFP. But I would struggle to find his N-side. And he was an ex-Marine for 7 years. Not sure an F can survive that type of an environment.

You make some good points.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't think JD in Scrubs is an ENFP. I always, always thought of him as an INFP. Zach Braff, as in the actor, is ENFP, not his character in Scrubs.