• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me type these characters?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think JD in Scrubs is an ENFP. I always, always thought of him as an INFP. Zach Braff, as in the actor, is ENFP, not his character in Scrubs.
Heh, really? I don't think I could see him as an introvert, though ENFPs are considered to be some of the most introverted extroverts. For JD, he's constantly obsessed with other people, he can barely work out his own problems without input from absolutely everybody around him and he never seems to need "alone time". I suspect it'll vary on which season you're basing it on, though. The show's not known for its consistent writing, as I've mentioned before. The earlier on you look, the more I'd agree with you, but the later you look the more him being an extrovert seems obvious. First couple of seasons he was probably written to be introverted, but more and more he seemed to lose that quality. I'd suspect that he was always extroverted, but he wasn't really comfortable with that until he grew comfortable with the hospital and the people in it.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm...maybe you're right. I've seen just seasons 1, 2, and 3, and too little of 4 to see him as an E.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Heh, really? I don't think I could see him as an introvert, though ENFPs are considered to be some of the most introverted extroverts. For JD, he's constantly obsessed with other people, he can barely work out his own problems without input from absolutely everybody around him and he never seems to need "alone time". I suspect it'll vary on which season you're basing it on, though. The show's not known for its consistent writing, as I've mentioned before. The earlier on you look, the more I'd agree with you, but the later you look the more him being an extrovert seems obvious. First couple of seasons he was probably written to be introverted, but more and more he seemed to lose that quality. I'd suspect that he was always extroverted, but he wasn't really comfortable with that until he grew comfortable with the hospital and the people in it.

Good point I thought originally he was INFP. TV series often change the character's over time to the point where the characters become a caricature.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Good point I thought originally he was INFP. TV series often change the character's over time to the point where the characters become a caricature.
Very true. Comedies seem especially susceptible to that, as the further you delve into it the less realistic it all seems, which is what I think happened to Scrubs.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Very true. Comedies seem especially susceptible to that, as the further you delve into it the less realistic it all seems, which is what I think happened to Scrubs.

I think so. Often the jokes become plays on the old ones and plays on the frame they've built around the character. In other words they've run out of ideas and are milking it for the money.

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
And going by the fact that I've just seen the first 4 seasons, Elliot seems very NF to me. She's lost in her own personal drama, a ditzy girl desperately trying to keep it together, dating the only guy she thinks cares about her, and too blind to see how much JD really obsesses about her. Very very NF - always seeking answers and going about it in a very confused, scatterbrained manner.

:hug: for Elliot and :hug: for JD. My favourite people in the whole world.