User Tag List

First 123

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by milti girl View Post
    I don't think JD in Scrubs is an ENFP. I always, always thought of him as an INFP. Zach Braff, as in the actor, is ENFP, not his character in Scrubs.
    Heh, really? I don't think I could see him as an introvert, though ENFPs are considered to be some of the most introverted extroverts. For JD, he's constantly obsessed with other people, he can barely work out his own problems without input from absolutely everybody around him and he never seems to need "alone time". I suspect it'll vary on which season you're basing it on, though. The show's not known for its consistent writing, as I've mentioned before. The earlier on you look, the more I'd agree with you, but the later you look the more him being an extrovert seems obvious. First couple of seasons he was probably written to be introverted, but more and more he seemed to lose that quality. I'd suspect that he was always extroverted, but he wasn't really comfortable with that until he grew comfortable with the hospital and the people in it.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    INFP

Hmm...maybe you're right. I've seen just seasons 1, 2, and 3, and too little of 4 to see him as an E.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Heh, really? I don't think I could see him as an introvert, though ENFPs are considered to be some of the most introverted extroverts. For JD, he's constantly obsessed with other people, he can barely work out his own problems without input from absolutely everybody around him and he never seems to need "alone time". I suspect it'll vary on which season you're basing it on, though. The show's not known for its consistent writing, as I've mentioned before. The earlier on you look, the more I'd agree with you, but the later you look the more him being an extrovert seems obvious. First couple of seasons he was probably written to be introverted, but more and more he seemed to lose that quality. I'd suspect that he was always extroverted, but he wasn't really comfortable with that until he grew comfortable with the hospital and the people in it.
    Good point I thought originally he was INFP. TV series often change the character's over time to the point where the characters become a caricature.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Good point I thought originally he was INFP. TV series often change the character's over time to the point where the characters become a caricature.
    Very true. Comedies seem especially susceptible to that, as the further you delve into it the less realistic it all seems, which is what I think happened to Scrubs.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Very true. Comedies seem especially susceptible to that, as the further you delve into it the less realistic it all seems, which is what I think happened to Scrubs.
    I think so. Often the jokes become plays on the old ones and plays on the frame they've built around the character. In other words they've run out of ideas and are milking it for the money.

MBTI
    INFP

And going by the fact that I've just seen the first 4 seasons, Elliot seems very NF to me. She's lost in her own personal drama, a ditzy girl desperately trying to keep it together, dating the only guy she thinks cares about her, and too blind to see how much JD really obsesses about her. Very very NF - always seeking answers and going about it in a very confused, scatterbrained manner.

for Elliot and for JD. My favourite people in the whole world.
    I 78% N 62% F 62% P 67%
    [From http://www.humanmetrics.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you want to see the Indian sun?
    It's shining into my green eyes,
    Dappling my fur a patchy brown,
    Brightening up my spotty white.

Purr...