User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know, Elliott seems very "J" to me. Particularly in the beginning seasons. Again, it's hard to tell as she has inconsistent writing, but in the beginning she was very organized bookworm-like and had issues breaking that mold. In the later seasons it seems as though she did a flip from INFJ to ISFX. I really hate that they switched her character. No character development is always better than bad character development.

After considering it more, I'll have to agree with Dr. Cox as an ENTJ. He exudes Te like the world would die without it. I'd say he has a fairly well-developped P side though. I like Carla as ESFJ though. She's very traditional in her desires and very materialistic in her needs. Jordan, while definitely an I (it appears that I missed that assessment on the website), is perhaps more ISTJ. Again, she exudes Te to an extent and I like tertiary Fi for her, but I'm not sure about the N. She changes throughout the series as well, though I think it's more believable. Like Dr. Cox I believe her P side is fairly well-developped.

Nurse Roberts works as an ISTP, thinking about it more. Ted... Eh, either works for him. He's been beaten down so much that it's hard to tell. I think I like NF more for him than NT however.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:

Leonardo: ISTJ
    Raphael: ENFP
    Donatello: INTJ
    Michaelangelo: ESFP

MBTI
    IXTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I don't know, Elliott seems very "J" to me. Particularly in the beginning seasons. Again, it's hard to tell as she has inconsistent writing, but in the beginning she was very organized bookworm-like and had issues breaking that mold. In the later seasons it seems as though she did a flip from INFJ to ISFX. I really hate that they switched her character. No character development is always better than bad character development.

After considering it more, I'll have to agree with Dr. Cox as an ENTJ. He exudes Te like the world would die without it. I'd say he has a fairly well-developped P side though. I like Carla as ESFJ though. She's very traditional in her desires and very materialistic in her needs. Jordan, while definitely an I (it appears that I missed that assessment on the website), is perhaps more ISTJ. Again, she exudes Te to an extent and I like tertiary Fi for her, but I'm not sure about the N. She changes throughout the series as well, though I think it's more believable. Like Dr. Cox I believe her P side is fairly well-developped.

Nurse Roberts works as an ISTP, thinking about it more. Ted... Eh, either works for him. He's been beaten down so much that it's hard to tell. I think I like NF more for him than NT however.
    This was the analysis I was looking for! I agree, I am going to change Roberts and Ted (haven't had the time yet... will today)... I agree, No way Carla is an N. I didn't see Jordan as an I??? Cox, J vs P is close... ENTP seems close, I am not sure. Maybe ENTJ is better? Elliot is completely neurotic and anal-retentive.... seems way J to me... although, like you say, she seems NFP to me recently....

MBTI
    IXTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    The Office

Michael Scott - ENFP
    Jim Halpert - EsTP
    Dwight Schrute - ESTJ
    Pam Beesly - INFp
    Roy Anderson - ISTP
    Karen Fillipelli - EsFJ
    Andy Bernard - ESFP
    Creen Bratton - IsTP
    Darryl Philbin - ISTj
    Angela Martin - ISTJ
    Oscar Martinez - INTp
    Meredith Palmer - eSTP
    Phyllis Lapin - ISFP
    Jan Levinson - EnTJ
    Ryan Howard (pre-promo) - IsTJ / (post-promo) ENTJ
    Kelly Kapoor - ESFP
    Stanley Hudson - ISTj
    Toby Flenderson - InFP

Edit - whoops. I thought you were asking for opinions on type. My bad.
    Actually, glad to see this too.... Michael an N? He is so superficial. I have Toby as ISFJ, but this doesn't seem right... and ideas? I agree about Ryan, he changes. But to ESTJ? He blatantly broke the rules... Meredith an E??? I can see her as a Promoter type kind of--one that doesn't talk much. Maybe she is to messed up to have feelings? interesting idea... most messed up people are INFP's (but not all INFP's are messed up). She seems INFP to me... Oscar is a tricky one, I can't figure him out.... I have ISTJ - jus doesn't sit right... Pam seems ISFP, not N. She is an artist.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by IXTJ View Post
    This was the analysis I was looking for! I agree, I am going to change Roberts and Ted (haven't had the time yet... will today)... I agree, No way Carla is an N. I didn't see Jordan as an I??? Cox, J vs P is close... ENTP seems close, I am not sure. Maybe ENTJ is better? Elliot is completely neurotic and anal-retentive.... seems way J to me... although, like you say, she seems NFP to me recently....
    It's hard to say. Jordan often seems solitary almost to me. The thing that decided it for me was because when she first took a more permanent hospital job she had issues making friends. I think her forwardness is more a defense on her part rather than how she really is. Te can often make a person appear more outward than they are. That's why characters with that function are hard to type. She's probably borderline E/I, because while she doesn't fit the extrovert mold, she doesn't really seem to need much "recharging" time either. With Dr. Cox, I think it's the difference between Ti and Te that makes his type easier to tell. He's not that J in character, but Te is definitely his tool.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Actually, glad to see this too.... Michael an N? He is so superficial. I have Toby as ISFJ, but this doesn't seem right... and ideas? I agree about Ryan, he changes. But to ESTJ? He blatantly broke the rules... Meredith an E??? I can see her as a Promoter type kind of--one that doesn't talk much. Maybe she is to messed up to have feelings? interesting idea... most messed up people are INFP's (but not all INFP's are messed up). She seems INFP to me... Oscar is a tricky one, I can't figure him out.... I have ISTJ - jus doesn't sit right... Pam seems ISFP, not N. She is an artist.
    My primary rationale for typing Michael as an N is his use of dramatic imagery to enhance his office speeches/performances. "I am Michael, and I am part English, Irish, German, and Scottish, sort of a virtual United Nations"; his inability to understand social cues, etc.

He's a ditzy ENFP, I think. I used to type him as ESFP, but was convinced otherwise by Nocapszy.

I had Ryan an ENTJ. He's aggressive; callous; transcendent goals (Dunder-Mifflin Infinity) - rapid progression towards something of a ruthless visionary in Season 4.

Oscar is very difficult. He seems more N to me. Less concerned with appeasing Michael than other S-types (Phyllis; Dwight; Angela) ISTJ could also work. I'd like to see his character explored in upcoming seasons.

Pam is interesting. She's rarely in the here-and-now of the office and has established personal goals that require a reasonable degree of academic sophistication to accomplish.

In Season 4, she seems much more dominant; aggressive - she's more of a take-charge kinda gal. How that relates to type is debatable; just a curiosity I've noticed.

As a sidebar, some NF artists include gents like Rembrandt; Picasso and Goya. To be fair, Pam's projects typically center on sketches and oil works v. the abstract. I like INFP, but ISFP seems reasonable too.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I agree with most of your typings. I would say that your best guesses are right for all of them- I would go with ISTJ for Curtis. ISTJs have no problem being a boss if that is necessary to get the job done.

I notice there were three important characters you didn't type. They were all gone after the third season. I have ideas on the types of them.

First, there is Terri Bauer- Jack's wife. In the beginning of the first season, they were separated and Terri was kidnapped by bad guys along with Kim. I think the one thing about Jack and Terri is that they were near opposites in personality. Their parenting techniques towards Kim were very different. Terri was more disapproving of many of the things Kim did than Jack. Terri was a Guardian and Jack (definitely an ISTP) is not a control-freak with Kim. This made Kim have a better relationship with Jack in the first season.

I would say that Terri is an ESFJ. At one point in Season 2 when Jack talks to Nina about exactly the kind of person she took away from him- Jack describes her as a person who can strike up a conversation with anyone and was always friendly and nice- something Jack comments, he would never be able to do himself. However, even though Terri and Jack are so different- I think they are both Sensing types. Thus, I say Terri is an ESFJ.

Nina- the mole of CTU. After Season 1, she is portrayed as a cold-blooded killer who has no remorse for anything that she has done. Given her role on the show, I am stuck between two types: INTP & ISTP. Definitely an Introvert, 100% Thinking, and she had an idea of how to get what she wanted but mostly did so by going with the flow and improvising which suggested Perceiving. I'm most likely going with ISTP.

Then there is Chase- the field agent that Kim almost married. Chase was only in one season but he seemed to be a more immature version of Jack. I am very positive he is an STP type. I haven't seen the third season in so long. It was obvious that he was supposed to be like Jack in many ways but more impulsive. I am going for ESTP with ISTP being a second choice.

Finally, Martha Logan.
    A paranoid but good-hearted ENFP.

She and Aaron Pierce (INFJ) had that NF connection but very different personalities otherwise.

Hope this helps you out with 24!
    Also, I think Wayne Palmer is an F, not a T.
    The way he didn't want to go to war was done in a F-ish manner rather than a T-ish one, compromise always comes first- political beliefs aside, this is what Wayne wanted to do. That's why I'm going for ESFP with him.

MBTI
    IXTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Also, I think Wayne Palmer is an F, not a T.
    The way he didn't want to go to war was done in a F-ish manner rather than a T-ish one, compromise always comes first- political beliefs aside, this is what Wayne wanted to do. That's why I'm going for ESFP with him.

I can not see Wayne as an ESFP. He just doesn't seem like that happy kind care free type of "performer". I'd say he fits ENFP over ESFP. But I would struggle to find his N-side. And he was an ex-Marine for 7 years. Not sure an F can survive that type of an environment.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I can not see Wayne as an ESFP. He just doesn't seem like that happy kind care free type of "performer". I'd say he fits ENFP over ESFP. But I would struggle to find his N-side. And he was an ex-Marine for 7 years. Not sure an F can survive that type of an environment.
    You make some good points.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think JD in Scrubs is an ENFP. I always, always thought of him as an INFP. Zach Braff, as in the actor, is ENFP, not his character in Scrubs.