User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Mitt Romney

  1. #41
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Obama is definitely some sort of FJ. He has Fe out the wazoo from what I can tell.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  2. #42
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    I guess it doesn't matter anymore, since he lost, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Seriously? Just two days ago, Paul Ryan basically said Obama was godless and leading the nation down a path of destruction because he isn't the same denomination of Christian as him and said he is a betrayer of western values, and so forth. Do I need to dig back through all of the speeches by Ryan and Romney to show how they painted Obama many times over in this kind of crazy, false light? I'm not sure why you are saying Romney's team has not done this kind of thing. I'm not sure of the content of their TV and radio ads because I do not have TV or radio, but certainly by their SPEECHES to their constituents, I've heard the smear jobs.
    I don't know, Jennifer. I understand that they think he is a betrayer of western values and I believe this as well (I'm not afraid to admit it); there is a lot of evidence in favor of this generalization. I'm not aware of them using their Christianity to suggest that Obama is destructive and I find it hard to believe, so if it's true I wouldn't mind seeing a source.

    Besides I'm not saying they both don't it from time to time, perhaps accidentally, but Obama's speeches have mainly centered on making fun of and slandering his opponent. Romney focuses on Obama's failings. However, Obama's administration seem to consider the idea of Obama 'failing' in any way as slander, so whatever.

    Using this to type him as a sensor is kind of ludicrous though when your generalization can easily apply to Obama, depending on what someone sees and which way they want to look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Maybe it's because i'm white, but I haven't even been aware of much "black" politics in the news regarding Obama. In fact, the blacks have had a serious issue with him, especially because of his support of gay marriage, and feel he didn't do enough for them. Again, I'm not sure where you are coming from.
    That's true and I'm aware of it. But they are few compared to the many that vote for Obama. Obama has the majority black vote and all one has to do is wonder why, considering that "he didn't do enough for them".

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Some big examples would help. Even mustering up one specific example would be helpful.
    Are you serious? Obama talks about 'getting revenge' through voting for him.
    Have you forgotten about the comment he made about the "cambridge Police acting stupidly", which was about a black man.
    Do you realize that he wants to even everyone out and make everyone the same, as if there are privileged people that need to be taken down to the same level as everyone else? It shouldn't be a surprise that poor blacks are seen as oppressed by the rich whites because they have the money. He plays on this. I would be happier if instead of further dividing white and blacks we could unite and compromise a bit instead. In the long run, what good does it do to make people angry or fearful of one another? Now I see the good in helping poor people, but if it's done purely through taking from another, rather than letting another give, it makes people resent one another.
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/obama-div...city-religion/
    And there is plenty of evidence if you are willing to dig it up. http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Arti...a-ignored.html
    The Daily Caller is reporting:In a video obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller, then-presidential candidate Barack Obama tells an audience of black ministers, including the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, that the U.S. government shortchanged Hurricane Katrina victims because of racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    Anything I know about Romney, it's about listening to Romney talk, reading articles, listening to Paul Ryan, etc., and also being part of a conservative religious community for many many years of my life that is supportive of Romney just because he is white and represents conservative religion, and I have to listen to them besmirch Obama partly because he is black and certainly because he is not a Christian [like them, if they credit him with any faith in God at all]. I'm not sure why you think that is a wrong basis by which to not vote for Romney and to be critical of the lack of substance in his plans; one merely has to sit through a debate or compare speeches to see how he waffles and/or has no specific answers for how he will do what he claims he can do.
    I've never heard about Romney hating Obama because he is black. What source do you have for this? And Obama provides even less information for how he will do what he claims. In fact, most of the things he claimed he would do in the last four years, he hasn't! How is this being an impartial voter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    In fact, the last few days he has ripped off Obama's 2008 schtick of claiming to be the "change maker" and preaching a message of hope, without ever really being convincing about what needs changed and how his changes are the best and how he would accomplish them. It's very silly. He pretends to be whatever he thinks will get him elected.
    OMG. He has said plenty about what he plans to do, more than Obama. He would have been the change maker from obama, so i don't know what you are complaining about.

    And I'm genuinely concerned that people care more about smaller issues than about dealing with the debt. This is what it has come down to in terms of the country's future. You know, if Obama would have reduced the debt, I would have been glad to vote for him. But he has not; and there has been inflation; and I have not been able to find a job after graduation (partly my fault, I suppose, but I have a lot of competition). I'm going into the military because I can't even get a job at Mcdonalds. And that's okay and I kind of look forward to actually having a job, but it saddens me that the nation is borrowing so much money, that the quality of life is going to dwindle. I want long-term solutions and plans, I don't care about these petty squabbles. Put a psychopath in office if they will do what needs to be done - it will do more good. Good character in a President is important, but not if that means compromising on solutions for the important issues.

    I mean does it not bother you at all that the likelihood of borrowing more money in the next four years is probable, considering what Obama has done as President and what he focuses on? Are you aware that the house and senate have been extremely divided during Obama's presidency? Obama has not been willing to work with Republicans and 'compromise', whereas past presidents have. That should mean something, at least.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162...pite-gridlock/
    Mr. Obama's plan for reducing the deficit would cut $2.50 in spending allowances for every $1 of increased tax revenue - the same deal House Republicans turned down during last year's near-government shutdown episode. When Pelley reminded him of that, the president reasoned, "That's part of what this election's about," adding that GOP nominee Mitt Romney told "Face the Nation" in June he stood by an earlier pledge not to raise taxes, even if it meant $10 in spending cuts for every $1 increased revenue.

    "You can't reduce the deficit unless you take a balanced approach that says, 'We've gotta make government leaner and more efficient,'" the president said. "But we've also got to ask people - like me or Gov. Romney, who have done better than anybody else over the course of the last decade, and whose taxes are just about lower than they've been in the last 50 years - to do a little bit more.

    "And if we go back to the tax rates for folks making more than $250,000 a year, back to the rates that we had under Bill Clinton," he continued, "we can close the deficit, stabilize the economy, keep taxes on middle class families low, [and] provide the certainty that I think all of us would be looking for."
    Not compromising won't get anything done. It just makes problems worse and this is not a good thing to know that important issues are not being dealt with, personally, and honestly.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Obama is definitely some sort of FJ. He has Fe out the wazoo from what I can tell.
    Oh man, I do agree with you on that. He's a propaganda king, if I ever saw one.

  4. #44
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Obama = ENFJ.

  5. #45
    Senior Member JivinJeffJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,698

    Default

    Obama is an introvert. He's been widely criticised specifically for how introverted he is.

  6. #46
    You're fired. Lol. Antimony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Oh man, I do agree with you on that. He's a propaganda king, if I ever saw one.
    I am really inclined to say ENFJ. I don't get those INFJ vibes. Also, his speeches don't ring INFJ.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

    Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

  7. #47
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    IAnd I'm genuinely concerned that people care more about smaller issues than about dealing with the debt. This is what it has come down to in terms of the country's future. You know, if Obama would have reduced the debt, I would have been glad to vote for him. But he has not; and there has been inflation; and I have not been able to find a job after graduation (partly my fault, I suppose, but I have a lot of competition). I'm going into the military because I can't even get a job at Mcdonalds. And that's okay and I kind of look forward to actually having a job, but it saddens me that the nation is borrowing so much money, that the quality of life is going to dwindle. I want long-term solutions and plans, I don't care about these petty squabbles. Put a psychopath in office if they will do what needs to be done - it will do more good. Good character in a President is important, but not if that means compromising on solutions for the important issues.
    I have heard this argument from many people but I disagree. I understand wanting to expedite economic improvement, but to start with, four years is not enough time to reverse major economic trends that have been building up long before Obama was even old enough to be considered for President. The economy is an enormous, infinite, and ever-changing nexus of complex interrelations, and to be honest, I think the President has far less influence over it than we would like to imagine. The partially-free economy with specific government restrictions is a complicated and difficult system to predict and leverage, and there are only so many variables that one person can control.

    Maybe it's a naive belief, but my feeling on the economy is that it's more effective to empower individuals and encourage them into action, and then reap the economic benefits of an organic recovery, rather than attempt to strongarm the economy into submission while ignoring the importance of why individuals participate in the economy in the first place. In short, I believe that Obama appeals to human interests and that human interests are the reason for and the underpinning of the economy, and as such must be dealt with first and foremost. Trying to manipulate the economy into recovery is like treating the symptoms of a disease while ignoring its cause. People think that other issues pale in comparison with debt, but I think that debt pales in comparison to life quality. The great ship of the economy is going to continue its recovery; the difference is that under Obama, we all will be able to benefit from it.

    I don't hate Romney, but I don't find him inspiring as a political leader. He seems like a great businessman but not a good option for the figurehead of a nation.

    Back on topic, my impression of Romney is ENTJ. He's obvious Te dom but doesn't seem STJ to me. Too willing to change his views for the sake of perception. STJs are generally more straightforward...

    Obama I have long taken to be ENFJ enneagram 3, a notably introverted variety of ENFJ.

  8. #48
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Obama is an introvert. He's been widely criticised specifically for how introverted he is.
    American introversion isn't like proper introversion though..

    Still. I agree. I think he's INFP. Can't be INFJ, he has a sense of humour. And he's humble.
    Isn't it awesome that an INFP man is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth?
    Last edited by Salomé; 11-10-2012 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Maybe it's a naive belief, but my feeling on the economy is that it's more effective to empower individuals and encourage them into action, and then reap the economic benefits of an organic recovery, rather than attempt to strongarm the economy into submission while ignoring the importance of why individuals participate in the economy in the first place. In short, I believe that Obama appeals to human interests and that human interests are the reason for and the underpinning of the economy, and as such must be dealt with first and foremost. Trying to manipulate the economy into recovery is like treating the symptoms of a disease while ignoring its cause. People think that other issues pale in comparison with debt, but I think that debt pales in comparison to life quality. The great ship of the economy is going to continue its recovery; the difference is that under Obama, we all will be able to benefit from it.
    I do not understand why you believe Obama is for all of this and that Romney wouldn't have been. Romney advocated more hands off government and practical investment in our natural resources, while Obama has done many things to an opposite affect.

    Obama has focused on green energy and invested in many green businesses with the hopes of producing alternative energy sources that are economical (which is fine). The problem is, a lot of those programs he funded have gone out of business and he has helped lobby against drilling for oil in Alaska and using our untapped coal resources. His argument seems to be that global warming is real and will cause more economical harm, however this is strictly theoretical in the same way that MBTI is strictly theoretical. It is hard to find definitive evidence for or against. http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of...lar-companies/
    Romney just wanted to use what we have, our natural resources, instead of taking risks.

    Obama has focused on taking money from the wealthier people and giving it to the poor with Obamacare, which sounds fine in theory and is noble for what it aims to do, except redistributing wealth doesn't create jobs. The wealth taken from the rich will remove jobs and allow those who receive the money to create jobs with it, but no net gain in jobs is really being created from it in theory. And smaller businesses have more upfront overhead and risk anyway, which could be argued to lose more jobs than it might create. Not too mention that since the debt is not alleviated, it will only result in more inflation and an overall loss of economical progress and thus jobs.
    Romney wanted to increase the wealth for everyone as a means of easing our economic burdens as well as individual, rather than focus on an elaborate scheme to redistribute wealth, which probably will not help at all in dealing with the debt.

    Obama stimulus spending also sounds good in theory, but he didn't seem to have much expectation for making sure the money borrowed and spent would produce a gain or profit. A lot of money was spend in things that would not have any way to 'sustain' an economical income. This article is old, but it should give you an idea. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...tionable-jobs/ And personally, if the debt is getting worse and there is inflation, what makes you believe his stimulus spending is going to start producing gain, given more time, if it hasn't already? If anything, any gain that comes now will come from people making smart business choices and decisions, but I'm sure the democrats will give the credit to stimulus spending or something they can say they did.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Isn't is awesome that an INFP man is the leader of the most powerful nation on earth?
    It's odd that in labeling him INFP you seem to automatically grant him some kind of legitimacy as a leader. What is it to you about being INFP that shows he is a capable leader?

    And it's funny that you think he is humble. A lot of people see him as a dictator. This country really is divided when someone is either a scumbag or a saint depending on who you ask...

Similar Threads

  1. Twenty-Two Days and Counting: Mitt Romney's Media Blackout
    By WALMART in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Mitt Romney: Warlord
    By Mal12345 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 07:41 PM
  3. Paul Ryan to be Mitt Romney's Running Mate
    By lowtech redneck in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 02:17 AM
  4. Is Mitt Romney a Klansman?
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
  5. Check Out My Big Cleaty Mitt!
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO