First 12345 Last

Thread: Mitt Romney

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Well, to start off I'd like to say that most candidates try to embody their party, and the Republican party has a very xxSJ persona. But we have to remember that the Republican party appeals to people of all types for a variety of reasons.

So Romney could very well be an ENTJ, just not a very bright one. He doesn't seem ESTJ to me. I definitely get ExxJ from him. I don't think he's a feeler, but hey, we don't really know him.

Edit: I'm VERYSUPERLIBERAL but I try to avoid bias when I have enough self-control to do so.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I guess I'd go with xNTJ trying to come off as an ESTJ. Makes him look stiff, but he has to do it to be at all relatable. There's a comfortable version of Romney somewhere, but the average person would not be too fond of that guy (he seemed more at ease in that 47% video than I've seen him at any other time in this whole campaign). He wants to look principled, but there's a lot of evidence in his various gaffes and often incredibly thin or ever-changing ideologies that he's more concerned merely with winning and the strategy of the game.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

You know, a lot of you seem to be under the impression that all Sensors are ignorant/stupid and to me, that in itself is ignorant/stupid. Think about what you're saying. You're assuming that you know a person's type, but it's not usually that black and white. It's more likely that most people aren't archetypal types, so trying to type them is a waste of time. That being said, my guess is still ESTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

He's the archetypal ETJ politician..... I would guess ESTJ as well.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

It would not surprise Falcarius if Romney was an introvert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Still not seeing an N, in the sense that N's think about the connections between things primarily. I've seen FAR too many S "moralists" who are perfectly capable of aggrandizing a situation into a climactic battle between the forces of good and evil, democracy vs communism, or some other extreme ideology -- it's just a shadow form of N, with little nuance. I see them in politics, I see them in religion, I see them everywhere.

So I'm still not seeing N here as a healthy nuanced function.
    Imagine Lark if he was born in Utah

Romney is not the "down to earth" S type who likes to shoot guns or fuck his maid in the laundry room. He's more like the good religious kid who stayed tried and true to 1970's america conservatism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/25/us...tt-romney.html

I mean look at the guy. He's freaking mormon Zack Morris
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ISFJ 3w2 So/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Still not seeing an N, in the sense that N's think about the connections between things primarily. I've seen FAR too many S "moralists" who are perfectly capable of aggrandizing a situation into a climactic battle between the forces of good and evil, democracy vs communism, or some other extreme ideology -- it's just a shadow form of N, with little nuance. I see them in politics, I see them in religion, I see them everywhere.

Indeed. Romney is definetly an SJ. While Obama, by contrast, is definetly an NP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Wait, how does Romney do any of this?
    I see Obama doing this a lot and I respect Romney a lot for not reducing his campaign tactics to slander and partisanship, even if it will lose him the election. But Obama, who has taken every opportunity to sensationalize division, is not generally considered a sensor. There are many who believe Obama created a racial divide by focusing on racial differences in the last four years. Some speculate on a Bradley Effect for the voter turnout today and seem to make it clear that racism has become more of an issue.

And I suppose you could argue that racial differences were there and Obama just focused on them, but differences are always going to be there and aren't always bad; it's once we take offense to these differences, only then does it become racism. And I think Obama finds offense with small issues that don't need to be about racism. He's then rallies part of the country towards seeing issues on the basis of race. It's sad. I do not like this. It is frustrating.
    To be honest, the couple times I was asked who I would vote for, I was very uneasy to say Romney and needed to find out how the other person saw 'Republicans' first before associating with whatever crap they believe applies to all Republicans. Everyone seems to hate Romney, but all they have is hearsay accusations about him or his character or associating him with what past 'Republicans' have done, which doesn't mean that's what he will do, especially if he explains how it will be different. It's a little sickening.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Wait, how does Romney do any of this? I see Obama doing this a lot and I respect Romney a lot for not reducing his campaign tactics to slander and partisanship, even if it will lose him the election.
    Seriously? Just two days ago, Paul Ryan basically said Obama was godless and leading the nation down a path of destruction because he isn't the same denomination of Christian as him and said he is a betrayer of western values, and so forth. Do I need to dig back through all of the speeches by Ryan and Romney to show how they painted Obama many times over in this kind of crazy, false light? I'm not sure why you are saying Romney's team has not done this kind of thing. I'm not sure of the content of their TV and radio ads because I do not have TV or radio, but certainly by their SPEECHES to their constituents, I've heard the smear jobs.

But Obama, who has taken every opportunity to sensationalize division, is not generally considered a sensor. There are many who believe Obama created a racial divide by focusing on racial differences in the last four years. Some speculate on a Bradley Effect for the voter turnout today and seem to make it clear that racism has become more of an issue.
    Maybe it's because i'm white, but I haven't even been aware of much "black" politics in the news regarding Obama. In fact, the blacks have had a serious issue with him, especially because of his support of gay marriage, and feel he didn't do enough for them. Again, I'm not sure where you are coming from.

And I suppose you could argue that racial differences were there and Obama just focused on them, but differences are always going to be there and aren't always bad; it's once we take offense to these differences, only then does it become racism. And I think Obama finds offense with small issues that don't need to be about racism. He's then rallies part of the country towards seeing issues on the basis of race. It's sad. I do not like this. It is frustrating.
    Some big examples would help. Even mustering up one specific example would be helpful.

To be honest, the couple times I was asked who I would vote for, I was very uneasy to say Romney and needed to find out how the other person saw 'Republicans' first before associating with whatever crap they believe applies to all Republicans. Everyone seems to hate Romney, but all they have is hearsay accusations about him or his character or associating him with what past 'Republicans' have done, which doesn't mean that's what he will do, especially if he explains how it will be different. It's a little sickening.
    Anything I know about Romney, it's about listening to Romney talk, reading articles, listening to Paul Ryan, etc., and also being part of a conservative religious community for many many years of my life that is supportive of Romney just because he is white and represents conservative religion, and I have to listen to them besmirch Obama partly because he is black and certainly because he is not a Christian [like them, if they credit him with any faith in God at all]. I'm not sure why you think that is a wrong basis by which to not vote for Romney and to be critical of the lack of substance in his plans; one merely has to sit through a debate or compare speeches to see how he waffles and/or has no specific answers for how he will do what he claims he can do.

In fact, the last few days he has ripped off Obama's 2008 schtick of claiming to be the "change maker" and preaching a message of hope, without ever really being convincing about what needs changed and how his changes are the best and how he would accomplish them. It's very silly. He pretends to be whatever he thinks will get him elected.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft