• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Albert Einstein

What type is Albert Einstein?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My best guess would be INTP 5w4 since he is pretty much the universal archetype of the absent-minded professor.

Einstein quotes:
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
― Albert Einstein
“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”
― Albert Einstein
“My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.”
― Albert Einstein
“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere... Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”
― Albert Einstein
“All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree. All these aspirations are directed toward ennobling man's life, lifting it from the sphere of mere physical existence and leading the individual towards freedom.”
― Albert Einstein
“We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library, whose walls are covered to the ceiling with books in many different languages. The child knows that someone must have written those books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the the languages in which they are written. The child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books, a mysterious order, which it does not comprehend but only dimly suspects.”
― Albert Einstein
“I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.”
― Albert Einstein
“A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.”
― Albert Einstein
source - http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/9810.Albert_Einstein?page=1

karmacoma

I question Keirsey et al. a lot, but I think they nailed Einstein, a seemingly quintessential INTP. A good argument could be made in favor of ENTP, but INTP appears the more likely of the two. His imagination was far too great for S, IMO, and his self-revelation of global spatial logic over local verbal logic favors P vs. J (he said he thought mostly in pictures, a commonality among male _NTPs from my observations).

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, that poll made me laugh when I voted.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've heard a good case for him being ENTP..... namely, that he may be too comfortable with his feeling to be an INTP, and that so much of what he said revolved around an Ne type of mindset. But then he's so quintessentially Ti dom in other respects...... it's kind of tough to call.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like if I said any of that (and I've said similar things), I'd still be called INFP. He also said "Imagination is more important than knowledge," supposedly. There are INFP and INFJ mathematicians. So just to annoy and incite everyone, I'm going to say INFP. So there!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP, obsessive, unhealthy.

Heard someone said some site says he was a enneagram 9, but I don't agree there.

Personally, I think he was enneagram 1, but like I said, not a very healthy one, although he had his moments I guess.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For me, an ? who once tested as INTP and then decided the E and the I was a tricky one anyway so learning Albert Einstien was said to have been or was actually tested as INTP is a little like, but not entirely 2 + 2 = 4; Only alike in the sense that it goes with out saying but not like 2 + 2 = 4 in the way that 2 + 2 = 4 teaches me that 2 + 4 = 6, not like that; I don't have a clue how Einstien was an INTP, but I know that he was one...

That poll pretty much says it too; that's 'what's so funny', to me. [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so learning Albert Einstien was said to have been or was actually tested as INTP is a little like, but not entirely 2 + 2 = 4; Only alike in the sense that it goes with out saying but not like 2 + 2 = 4 in the way that 2 + 2 = 4 teaches me that 2 + 4 = 6, not like that; I don't have a clue how Einstien was an INTP, but I know that he was one...

That's a very weird way of saying you intuitively recognize Einstein as and INTP but you don't have factual arguements to back it up.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's a very weird way of saying you intuitively recognize Einstein as and INTP but you don't have factual arguements to back it up.

Well... Wikipedia told me he was INTP. Wikipedia also told me what INTP is.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well... Wikipedia told me he was INTP. Wikipedia also told me what INTP is.

That just means you're not illiterate. If you used your intuition at least you would have personally contributed to the topic. :smile:

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can read. :D

You're right, it really does prove that.

I like how you said it though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dang every single one of you 14 individuals who voted did so for INTP... Einstein truly must be the posterboy for that type! :einstein2:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
That just means you're not illiterate. If you used your intuition at least you would have personally contributed to the topic. :smile:

Do not be so hasty. Rome was not built in one day.

First Wikipedia. Then Encyclopedia Britannica.
Travels. Bahamas. New Indies.
Books. Schopenhauer. Leibniz.
All good things come to those who wait. :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Do not be so hasty. Rome was not built in one day.

First Wikipedia. Then Encyclopedia Britannica.
Travels. Bahamas. New Indies.
Books. Schopenhauer. Leibniz.
All good things come to those who wait. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is it possible that Einstein was an ENTJ?
He is after all the greatest leader in all of science!
Leadership = EJ, and science = NT. Therefore, he's ENTJ.

:einstein2: = ENTJ
:shocking::ohmy::blink::whistling::rotfl::shocking::dont::thinking::wacko::wtf::nono:

W

WALMART

Is it possible that Einstein was an ENTJ?
He is after all the greatest leader in all of science!
Leadership = EJ, and science = NT. Therefore, he's ENTJ.

:einstein2: = ENTJ
:shocking::ohmy::blink::whistling::rotfl::shocking::dont::thinking::wacko::wtf::nono:

ENTJ might be fair, to argue Ni gave him his metaphysical slant to reality.

I think I prefer Ti as an explanation, though. INTP.