Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Are you kidding me? Everything about that guy screams intuitive: his constant use of analogies, the fact that he's a physicist, and the fact that he always seems like his head is WAY up in the clouds.
    This sounds like a TiNi loop rather than a real intuitive.

Nah I'm just playing but seriously who knows!?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Are you kidding me? Everything about that guy screams intuitive: his constant use of analogies, the fact that he's a physicist, and the fact that he always seems like his head is WAY up in the clouds.
    His detached, "dreamy" demeanor contributed to my thinking he was probably INTP. The use of analogies/physicist thing is unreliable (and, IMO, stupid), so I dismiss those as typologically relevant factors. I do think he's intuitive, but only because I think he's closest to the overall INTP personality, which is an intuitive type. Not because I thought, "oh, he must be N, so let me see which N type he's most like."

That's why, if I were to guess at a second closest type, I go by interaction style and overall personality. He's clearly BtS, so that means he's either INTP, ISFJ, INFP, or ISFP. Since he's not demonstrably attached enough to be one of the IxFPs, his second closest type is ISFJ. I don't think it's accurate to just pick out N and then guess around at all of the N types willy nilly.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    This sounds like a TiNi loop rather than a real intuitive.

Nah I'm just playing but seriously who knows!?
    No he wasn't in a loop. He was Ni<Fe<Ti

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    His detached, "dreamy" demeanor contributed to my thinking he was probably INTP. The use of analogies/physicist thing is unreliable (and, IMO, stupid), so I dismiss those as typologically relevant factors. I do think he's intuitive, but only because I think he's closest to the overall INTP personality, which is an intuitive type. Not because I thought, "oh, he must be N, so let me see which N type he's most like."

That's why, if I were to guess at a second closest type, I go by interaction style and overall personality. He's clearly BtS, so that means he's either INTP, ISFJ, INFP, or ISFP. Since he's not demonstrably attached enough to be one of the IxFPs, his second closest type is ISFJ. I don't think it's accurate to just pick out N and then guess around at all of the N types willy nilly.
    That's ridiculous, what Si dom uses analogies and "kryptic language" in the way that Dr. Manhattan did?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What do you think? Do you folks still think that Dr. Manhattan was INTP?
    Yes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

That's ridiculous, what Si dom uses analogies and "kryptic language" in the way that Dr. Manhattan did?
    My ISFJ/ISFP friend for one. iNtuitives aren't the only ones interested in things like analogies and the 'big picture' - that just shows someone with an imagination and a decent level of intelligence. There are a lot of stereotypes about that state iNtuitives must be all mysterious and thoughtful all the time, but if you look at lots of them, they aren't. People are a big mix of the cognitive functions - we use all of them, but at different levels.

To be honest, Manhatten came across as someone suffering from schizoid personality disorder, rather than a particular type.

MBTI
    INFJ

The heck are you on about.

I don't recall him using 'cryptic language'. He's basically a frickin demigod with a higher state of being and awareness. What did you expect??

Also you think that because he decided to go along and help prevent a nuclear disaster that he was 'emotionally manipulated'? That's absurd. Again, demigod.

You may as well say he's not an INTP because he didn't use his powers to destroy earth himself. It's absurd.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    My ISFJ/ISFP friend for one. iNtuitives aren't the only ones interested in things like analogies and the 'big picture' - that just shows someone with an imagination and a decent level of intelligence. There are a lot of stereotypes about that state iNtuitives must be all mysterious and thoughtful all the time, but if you look at lots of them, they aren't. People are a big mix of the cognitive functions - we use all of them, but at different levels.

To be honest, Manhatten came across as someone suffering from schizoid personality disorder, rather than a particular type.
    I could imagine an ISFP with strong Ni using kryptic language, because of tertiary Ni, but not an ISFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    The heck are you on about.

I don't recall him using 'cryptic language'. He's basically a frickin demigod with a higher state of being and awareness. What did you expect??

Also you think that because he decided to go along and help prevent a nuclear disaster that he was 'emotionally manipulated'? That's absurd. Again, demigod.

You may as well say he's not an INTP because he didn't use his powers to destroy earth himself. It's absurd.
    Did you even watch the movie? The guy used kryptic language throughout the whole movie! Were we even watching the same movie?

MBTI
    INFJ

Did you even watch the movie? The guy used kryptic language throughout the whole movie! Were we even watching the same movie?
    Maybe it's YOU not understanding him. I wouldn't be surprised.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Maybe it's YOU not understanding him. I wouldn't be surprised.
    Did you see the scene where he did the TV interview? He was Ni as hell.