First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    The only two who are true in the INTP list are George Costanza and Sherlock Holmes, the rest I either don't know them or they are wrong.
    I certainly don't agree with you about Costanza either, that's just a ridiculous read. I can't imagine a more S/concrete-focused character. He's a type 6 counterphobic, most likely.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

He is pretty clearly ISTP, like most of Bruce Willis's other movie roles.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I certainly don't agree with you about Costanza either, that's just a ridiculous read. I can't imagine a more S/concrete-focused character. He's a type 6 counterphobic, most likely.
    He's a counterphobic 6, yes, but he is definetly not a N. He is the typical intelectually masturbating, clumsy and amoral INTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Riva

He is an xstp it hurts. more I than e I bet.

Yes he could be typed as an estp too. But i'm quite certain he is istp over estp. From what I have noticed (i notice great many things) some istps could be easily confused to be estps. If i'm not mistaken istps with well developed fe (not se) are the ones who often get confused as estps. But these extroverted istps are quite different from estps. They still have the calm exterior combined with a jovial/play-the-fool exterior. This is probably due to the agreeable nature of fe. But at any moment they could retract to their istp introverted nature. Even so/sx istps could be confused to be estps and sometimes even as esfps.

I could be shooting my leg by saying this; wayne risby from the mentalist is another example for an extroverted istp. Most people would probably type him as an esfp.

Is it only me or has anyone else also noticed that there are an overwhelming amount of istps cast as heroes? Especially in animes.
    Last edited by Riva; 10-11-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

ISTP 7w8 Sx/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Is it only me or has anyone else also noticed that there are an overwhelming amount of istps cast as heroes? Especially in animes.
    I've said it before: ISTPs are really only interesting when we're doing something or have some chaos thrown our way. Otherwise, we're sitting in a corner deducing problems, eating a lot of unhealthy food, beating the high score on Call of Duty, lifting weights, jogging, riding our motorcycles, fixing our motorcycles, picking up chicks with our motorcycles, etc. Not exactly engaging thematic material.

I mean...would you watch an ISTP protagonist when there ISN'T any action going on? Perhaps if you were attempting to cure a bout of insomnia.

Oh, and our "anti-hero" tendencies manage to give us refreshing layers and depth (?). This is among the reasons the archetype emerged during the 50s/60s/70s when Mainstream American culture splintered and "rebellion" became cool. McQueen, Eastwood, Bronson, Dean, Wolverine, Han Solo, Boba Fett--the list goes on. Very much men of their time.

Back on topic--Mr. McClane is definitely an xSTP...the Se is strong with this one. Whether introverted or extroverted--I'm leaning extrovert.