User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INXJ

Good list. Should make the INTPs feel better (otherwise they'll have to pin their hopes for more notoriety on INTP-typed McCain winning the White House).

The only ones of those I had down were Dr. Strange, Data and Gandolf (who I type as an INTJ). Beast an INTP? That could fit. Spider-Man as ENTP I’ve considered, though sometimes he seems more NF to me; definitely XNXP.

Haven’t thought about Keyser Soze in awhile, but I think you’ve nailed him as an INTJ.
    "Space was big, and the boys from Earth were awed despite themselves by the things they found there: but worse, their science was in a mess. Every race they met on their way through the Core had a star drive based on a different theory. All those theories worked, even when they ruled out one another’s basic assumptions. You could travel between the stars, it began to seem, by assuming anything.”

—M. John Harrison, “Light”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    Good list. Should make the INTPs feel better (otherwise they'll have to pin their hopes for more notoriety on INTP-typed McCain winning the White House).
    McCain INTP?

He seems obviously ExTJ to me.

The only ones of those I had down were Dr. Strange, Data and Gandolf (who I type as an INTJ). Beast an INTP? That could fit. Spider-Man as ENTP I've considered, though sometimes he seems more NF to me; definitely XNXP.
    Peter Parker, I think, is a pretty clear INFP (and was one that I had in mind when I posted yesterday). I think comic book and serial heroes though are harder to type; sometimes the personality will shift depending on the writer.

I thought of Hank McCoy. He could be IxTP but I'm not sure, he seems very S in some ways. (The "Beast" thing tends to tie him to concrete sensation, so that could be confusing the read.)

Dr. Strange is a pretty snappy dresser for INTP, I must say. He was also a world-renown surgeon; i wonder what the demographics are for INTJ, INTP, and ISTP for world-class surgeons.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Peter Parker, I think, is a pretty clear INFP (and was one that I had in mind when I posted yesterday). I think comic book and serial heroes though are harder to type; sometimes the personality will shift depending on the writer.
    I could be wrong. INFP makes sense, too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

[QUOTE=nightwatcher;213162]INTPs appear to be under represented in Western fantastic fiction, which often seems to pit INTJs against ENTPs. Why isn

wtf, nevermind I'm not even bothering anymore

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    ILE

We have a zaney side to us. Stories starring us should be comedies, due to our lack of hard core short term ambition, and our disinterest in rule following. Almost any SciFi Fantasy with an element of comedy is likely to have an INTP lead character.
    The MBTI types me as an INFP, however, SOCIONICS calls me an Logical Intuitive Extram (called an ENTj in our terms.)

Tim Burton's Alice is a newer NTP character I like. At least, she's seems INTP or less outgoing ENTP.
    Fox Mulder is INTP at times
    Not fantasy exactly, but Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes is kind of INTP.. or very out of it ISTP.

*At least one* of those stoic Trek characters is an INTP. T'Pol, Seven of Nine, Spock.. Sometimes I'm not sure if that archetype is INTP or INTJ

I don't seem to be very definitive. "At times", "kind of"..

MBTI
    INFP

Not to go way off topic (but I'm going to), you're not the only person I've seen type Tim Burton's Alice as an INTP. Why? She seemed so ridiculously INFP when I was watching it. I don't get it.

I thought RDJ's Sherlock was STP. He seemed extremely oriented to extraverted sensing with such precise attention to detail. His deductive processes struck me as NiTi. Maybe I'll rewatch it...

Maybe she could be, but it didn't seem like her idealism or values came out to the forefront much. Throughout the story, she's just a skeptic, detached until she's finally faced with the reality that she has to help in order to get home. And even then, she doesn't really form much attachment with anyone per se. She even tells Hatter that's when it's all over, he won't exist. That she knows he isn't real. Depp has this kind of confused, crushed look on his face. It's almost like some blunt moment from Daria.

Many years ago since I read these books. But sure there are lots of INTPs in books like George rr martins - a song of ice and fire. Steven Eriksons - Malazan Book of the Fallen. In the dragonlance series, maybe Raistlin. Anne Rise - Lestat with friends.

MBTI
    INTP

I don't feel underrepresented in fiction, especially fantasy.