User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 59

Thread: Bob Dylan

  1. #31
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    It can be associated with SPs as well, though the form is very different.
    Se+Ni can accomplish a lot of the same things as Ne+Si, just through different means. BC and I have made a number of attempts to pinpoint and illustrate Dylan's use of Se and Ni, and so far you've made no real attempt to counter these points except flat contradiction and flooding the thread with rote restatements of basic Jungian concepts and an excess of copy-pasted lyrics.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    No. You are not, because you do not understand that

    1) INFJs extrovert feeling, not intuition
    2) Fe is a judging function
    3) Judging statements have a very different form than perceptive statements, which is described clearly at the link above.

    If you choose not to read that, that's your problem.

    Put your ego aside. You could learn a great deal from me. You are choosing not to.
    ...great. More Typology 101+flat contradiction.

    You're not making a very good case for yourself or any of your type reads.

    HINT: Point out specific instances in lyrics or interviews that you think are indicative of the functions you see, and explain why.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Se+Ni can accomplish a lot of the same things as Ne+Si, just through different means. BC and I have made a number of attempts to pinpoint and illustrate Dylan's use of Se and Ni, and so far you've made no real attempt to counter these points except flat contradiction and flooding the thread with rote restatements of basic Jungian concepts and an excess of copy-pasted lyrics..
    As an INFP, of course, I am not attempting to win an argument with you. I assume you are bright enough to perceive the obvious when I give you a helping hand. What is the area you are confused about? The difference between Ne and Se in conversation/lyrics?

  3. #33
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    As an INFP, of course, I am not attempting to win an argument with you. I assume you are bright enough to perceive the obvious when I give you a helping hand. What is the area you are confused about? The difference between Ne and Se in conversation/lyrics?
    Why are you posting if you don't wanna win?

    I see no clear Ne in conversation. You didn't point out any Ne use.

    I especially saw absolutely ZERO Si in that interview; or anywhere in general with Dylan.

    Back up your points dude!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Why are you posting if you don't wanna win?

    I see no clear Ne in conversation. You didn't point out any Ne use.

    I especially saw absolutely ZERO Si in that interview; or anywhere in general with Dylan.

    Back up your points dude!
    You do understand that you don't see Si with NPs, right?

  5. #35
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    As an INFP, of course, I am not attempting to win an argument with you. I assume you are bright enough to perceive the obvious when I give you a helping hand. What is the area you are confused about? The difference between Ne and Se in conversation/lyrics?
    The level of misplaced condescension is extraordinary. You're not extending a helping hand; you're just repeatedly restating the same crap, failing to substantiate it, and then pretending you're too superior to address anyone else's concerns.

    INFPs don't attempt to win arguments? Is that a bad joke or just delusional?

    For that matter, how sure are you that you're even an INFP? As little as three months ago you apparently thought you were an ISTP, as that was your listed type at the time. You can drop the air of false superiority any time now--nobody is fooled by your gross overstatement of your own experience level and knowledge base.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I see no clear Ne in conversation. You didn't point out any Ne use.
    What do you expect? He hasn't pointed out any use of anything. He'd rather revel in misplaced condescension and masturbatory self-assurance that he's right.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Why are you posting if you don't wanna win?
    The person I am conversing with is smart enough to figure this out on his own, but doesn't know the subject matters (MBTI or Dylan) as well as I do.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    As little as three months ago you apparently thought you were an ISTP, as that was your listed type at the time. You can drop the air of false superiority any time now--nobody is fooled by your gross overstatement of your own experience level and knowledge base.
    Another mistake. You can view all of my posts, you will find that is not the case.

  8. #38
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    I'll get back to this thread when you substantiate your arguments instead of just repeating them. Peace out.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You're not extending a helping hand
    Yes, I am. We all make mistakes. I once thought Ayn Rand was an ENTJ, for example.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'll get back to this thread when you substantiate your arguments instead of just repeating them. Peace out.
    If you'd like to discuss this privately, feel free to message me.

Similar Threads

  1. Bob Ross
    By labyrinthine in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 10:50 AM
  2. Best Bob Dylan song to play?
    By Blackout in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-19-2016, 05:25 AM
  3. Bob Dylan
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 04:12 PM
  4. Billy Bob Thornton
    By Metamorphosis in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-06-2009, 05:07 AM
  5. The Adventures of Skittles and Bob
    By logan235711 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO