• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTP
Brienne ISFJ
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP
Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP

Last edited by a moderator:

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
Best series ever. I don't see anything I disagree with.

Bronn ISTP

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Bronn ISTP[/QUOTE]

No doubt.

This incomplete list is a work-in-progress; I look forward to any additions by other fans.

"The Wall is yours, Jon Snow."

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've stalled part way through this series. I got to Feast for Crows and was a bit confused about where everyone I know went. :cry: Is it worth continuing to read? Is the series complete? I don't even know what is after Feast for Crows... :huh:

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I've stalled part way through this series. I got to Feast for Crows and was a bit confused about where everyone I know went. :cry: Is it worth continuing to read? Is the series complete? I don't even know what is after Feast for Crows... :huh:

That's the last one that's been released - GRRM is currently working on the next one, A Dance with Dragons. It's sort of weird how Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons are going... it started out as one gargantuan book, but in the midst of writing it, GRRM decided that he couldn't finish it in time for FoC's hoped release, and it was simply too big to be one book. But instead of splitting it in two chronologically, he split it in two by characters... which is why major characters like Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon Snow have pretty small parts in FoC. The parts of the story that focus on them, that take place at the same general time as the events of FoC, will be in Dance with Dragons.

I think I've been waiting for this book for too long :D.

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Tried reading it. Got bored after Game of Thrones page 269.

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY. THIS IS FANTASY, NOT POLITICAL HISTORICAL FICTION IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

My god...too much yakking for characters made of glass. Where are our spiky-haired heroes with the BFS and the platinum haired villains and the girls that look like centerfolds who can magically kick the crap out of anyone in the meantime?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good type descriptions!

Is the series complete?

No. Actually, even though I love the series, I haven't read Feast for Crows. I just can't bring myself to read any more of this until I know whether or not it gets finished. Considering how long Martin has been working on the last two books, I have my doubts.

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY.

This happens on page 270. Should have kept on reading!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTP
Brienne ISFJ
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP
Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP

I've only read the first 3 books so far, so perhaps there's further character development down the line.

I agree with most of the above, but I have highlighted the ones I either really disagree with, or just think there's not much evidence to go one way or another.

Samwell Tarly -- far cry from INFJ in my opinion. Maybe ISFJ or ISFP.

The Red Priestess - INFJ is possible, but I guess I take issue to priestesses/sorceresses automatically being pinned down as INFJ. To me she could be any NF type (although agree 'J' is most likely - so ENFJ is a likely possibility too), and I don't think INTJ is out of the question either.

Sansa Stark -- seems much more ESFJ to me. I see little evidence of Ni, or any sort of non-SJ temperament, but again, since I've only gotten through book 3, perhaps she matures and develops in later books.

Joffrey Baratheon -- not seeing evidence of Ni, so have a hard time seeing ENTJ (compare him to his mother or to Jon Snow). Actually doesn't seem very NT to me. Seems more SP. Or maybe ESTJ.

The Hound - ISTJ is probable. I'm just not sold on it.

Theon Greyjoy -- I would have guessed ENTJ before ESTP. Seems more NT in temperament to me than SP. More of a long-range schemer.

Crazydaisy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
A Song of Ice and Fire...Type the characters!!

Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Eddard Stark: ISTJ
Catelyn Tully: ESFJ
Jaime Lannister: ENTP
Jon Snow: ENTJ? INTJ?
Robb Stark: ESFP
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Cersei Lannister: ESFJ?
Tyrion Lannister: ENTJ? ENTP? ENFJ?
Stannis Baratheon: INTJ
Renly Baratheon: ESFP
Bronn: ESTP
Littlefinger: ENFJ
The hound: ISTP?
Sam: ISFJ

Post any more, or debate!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Tywin Lannister - INTJ
Eddard Stark: ISTJ
Catelyn Tully: ESFJ
Jaime Lannister: ENTP I would guess ESTP, compared to Tyrion ENTP
Jon Snow: ENTJ? INTJ
Robb Stark: ESFP
Robert Baratheon: ESTP
Cersei Lannister: ESFJ?
Tyrion Lannister: ENTJ? ENTP? ENFJ?
Stannis Baratheon: INTJ Unhealthy ISTJ imo. Distinct lack of strategic vision. Unbending.
Renly Baratheon: ESFP
Bronn: ESTP
Littlefinger: ENFJ
The hound: ISTP?
Sam: ISFJ

Post any more, or debate!

Hard to tell with some of them. Cersei seems to identify herself as being somehow masculine ("I should have been born the son!") which suggests T, but otherwise seems to fit the profile of an unhealthy ESFJ better than that of an unhealthy ESTJ. She's a bit of a nutter which confuses things.

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
What about Arya? She always reminded me of an ENFJ for some reason, though I haven't read the books in a long time so I can't really say.

Nicodemus

uh44337_1227729183_hippo_bump.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

SHUT UP AND SHOOT A FIREBALL ALREADY. THIS IS FANTASY, NOT POLITICAL HISTORICAL FICTION IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

My god...too much yakking for characters made of glass. Where are our spiky-haired heroes with the BFS and the platinum haired villains and the girls that look like centerfolds who can magically kick the crap out of anyone in the meantime?

This is why we can't have more good fantasy.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Tyrion Lannister ENTP, yes.
Jon Snow ISTJ, i think that he is very introverted and sensitive, nothing ENTJ. He is very similiar to his father.
Arya Stark ISTP, yes.
Ned Stark ISTJ , yes, he is a serious ISTJ.
Bran Stark INFP, yes.
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ, yes.
Samwell Tarly ISFP, i don´t look the intuition and no judging.
Jaime Lannister ESTP? I think that he can be ENTJ but ESTP work good also.
Cersei Lannister INTJ, she is introverted.
Tywin Lannister xNTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ, yes.
Catelyn Stark ESFJ, yes.
Robert Baratheon ESFJ, he is sentimental and judged.
Joffrey Baratheon ExTJ
Littlefinger INTJ, yes, perfect.
The Mountain ISTJ, yes.
The Hound ISTJ, yes.
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ, yes.
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP, and ESFP?

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ja'qen H'gar: INTP? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I like him and there aren't any of my kind in the series.
Jojen Reed: INFJ
Meera Reed: ESFP, maybe ESFJ?
Varys: ENFJ, I think. He's hard to type.
Old Bear Mormont: INTJ
Beric Dondarrin: ENTP

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Game of Thrones / Song of Ice and Fire

I was just reading Storm of Swords earlier and thinking "Geez, Stannis, you are the biggest ISTJ ever" and decided maybe I'd look up what people think of characters as diverse as Bran Stark and Vargo Hoat, only to find no such thread exists.

Surely, whether you watch the series or read the books, it is worth a go talking over all the character types?

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
I've only read the first 3 books so far, so perhaps there's further character development down the line.

I agree with most of the above, but I have highlighted the ones I either really disagree with, or just think there's not much evidence to go one way or another.

Samwell Tarly -- far cry from INFJ in my opinion. Maybe ISFJ or ISFP.

The Red Priestess - INFJ is possible, but I guess I take issue to priestesses/sorceresses automatically being pinned down as INFJ. To me she could be any NF type (although agree 'J' is most likely - so ENFJ is a likely possibility too), and I don't think INTJ is out of the question either.

Sansa Stark -- seems much more ESFJ to me. I see little evidence of Ni, or any sort of non-SJ temperament, but again, since I've only gotten through book 3, perhaps she matures and develops in later books.

Joffrey Baratheon -- not seeing evidence of Ni, so have a hard time seeing ENTJ (compare him to his mother or to Jon Snow). Actually doesn't seem very NT to me. Seems more SP. Or maybe ESTJ.

The Hound - ISTJ is probable. I'm just not sold on it.

Theon Greyjoy -- I would have guessed ENTJ before ESTP. Seems more NT in temperament to me than SP. More of a long-range schemer.

I agree with your alterations. Also, I'm thinking Varys for INFJ... no one knows who he "really" is, or a clear idea of his long-range goals and motivations. Many in book characters don't even realize he has them, but it's definitely implied to the reader that there's some goal he's working toward and cares about very much - whether or not it's for "the realm" as he has claimed to some is to be seen.