• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ja'qen H'gar: INTP? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I like him and there aren't any of my kind in the series.

Not totally sure about his type, but I'm at the end of Storm of Swords and I agree. You'd think you'd find at least one important INTP in this maze of characters.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not totally sure about his type, but I'm at the end of Storm of Swords and I agree. You'd think you'd find at least one important INTP in this maze of characters.

I'd put Qyburn, Doran Martell, and Maester Luwin as INTPs. 5w4 for the first and 5w6 for the latter two. Though they are also minor characters. Jaqen definitely seems xNTP, and I would lean toward INTP, but ENTP is also plausible. One of the coolest characters too, in a series loaded with them.

I'm still reading through ADWD atm, but I have a massive and growing list of character types for the series which I'll post once I'm finished.

For now, my estimates of the major viewpoint characters:

Eddard Stark: ISTJ 1w9-6w5-3w2 sx/sp? RCOan
Catelyn Stark: ISfJ 6w7-1w2-2w1 sx/sp rCOaN
Sansa Stark: EsFJ 2w3-9w1-6w7 so/sx slOAN
Arya Stark: iSTP 8w7-7w8-4w3 sp/sx rcUEI
Bran Stark: INFP 9w1 or 6w5-4w5 sx/so rCUAI
Jon Snow: INFJ 6w5-1w9-4w5 sx/so rCuAI
Samwell Tarly: InFp? 9w1-7w6-2w3 so/sp? sluAI
Tyrion Lannister: ENTP 7w6-3w4-1w9 sx/sp SCoxI
Jaime Lannister: ESTP 7w8-3w4 sx/so SCuEn
Cersei Lannister: ENfJ 3w4 or 8w7 sx/sp? rcoEx
Daenerys Targaryen: INFJ 1w9-4w5 sx/so? rCoeI
Davos Seaworth: IStJ 6w5-1w9 so/sp? RCOAN
Theon Greyjoy: ESTP 7w8-3w4-8w7 so/sx SLUEn
Brienne of Tarth: ISTJ or ISFP 1w9-6w5 so/sx RCoAN

Last edited:

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ja'qen H'gar: INTP? Maybe that's just wishful thinking because I like him and there aren't any of my kind in the series.
Jojen Reed: INFJ
Meera Reed: ESFP, maybe ESFJ?
Varys: ENFJ, I think. He's hard to type.
Old Bear Mormont: INTJ
Beric Dondarrin: ENTP

Meera Reed: ESFP, yes
Varys: INFJ

I agree with the rest.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Game of Thrones

I'm posting based off of the 1st season, feel free to type based off of either the book or the TV series

Eddard Stark: ISTJ 1w9>3w2>6w5 So/Sx
Catelyn Stark: ISTJ 1w2>6w7>2w1 So/Sx
Bran Stark: ?SFP 7w6>9w1>??? Sx/Sp
Rob Stark: ??FJ 1w9>2w3>6w7 So/Sx
Sansa Stark: ISFJ 6w7 or 9w1 with a 2w3 fix Sx/Sp
Arya Stark: ISFP 7w8>8w9>4w5 Sx/Sp
Jon Snow: I?FJ 1w9>2w3>6w7 So/Sx

Robert Baratheon: ES?P 8w7>7w8>3w2 Sx/So
Joffrey Baratheon: ESTP 6w7>3w2>8w7 Sx/So

Tyrion Lannister: ENTP 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sp/So
Jaime Lannister: ESTP 3w2>7w8>8w7 Sx/So
Cersei Lannister: ESTJ 3w4>5w6>8w9 Sp/Sx
Tywin Lannister: ESTJ 8w9>3w2>5w6 So/Sp

Daenerys Targaryen: ISFP 9w8>6w7>??? Sx/Sp
Khal Drogo: ISTP 8w7>3w2>7w8 Sx/So
Viserys Targaryen: no clue, too narcissistic to type LOL

Theon Greyjoy: ESFP 6w7>3w2>1w? So/Sx

EDIT:
- tritypes added
- Cersei changed to ESTJ

Last edited:

Nicodemus

I propose we continue this thread and ask a moderator - such as [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] - to give it a name suited to both the books and the TV series.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I merged the threads and happily expanded the title.

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Based on reading (almost) the first two books and watching the first season + a few episodes of season 2:

Eddard: ISTJ
Catelyn: xSFJ
Robb: ESTJ
Sansa: ENFJ
Arya: ISTP
Bran: INFP
Jon: INFJ
Sam: ISFP (?)
Theon: ESTP (?)
Robert: ESFP
Cersei: ESFJ
Joffrey: ESTx
Jaime: ESTP
Tyrion: ENTP
Tywin: xNTJ
Stannis: ISTJ
Renly: ExFP
Littlefinger: INTJ
Varys: INTP (?)
Daenerys: INFJ
Viserys: ExFP
Ser Jorah: ISFP
Bronn: ISTP
Brienne: ISxP

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on reading (almost) the first two books and watching the first season + a few episodes of season 2:
Eddard: ISTJ
yes (1w9 So/Sx)

Catelyn: xSFJ
I don't think so, I'd say ISTJ 1w2 So/Sx

Robb: ESTJ
nooo, he's definitely a Feeler of some kind, maybe ENFJ?

Sansa: ENFJ
I could see that.

Arya: ISTP
ISFP (she has Fi) 7w8 Sx/Sp

Bran: INFP
seems xSFP to me. 7w6 Sx/Sp

Jon: INFJ
yes (either a 9, a 1 or a 2 So/Sx)

Sam: ISFP (?)
your guess is as good as mine

Theon: ESTP (?)
kinda seemed like an ESFJ to me 6w7 So/Sx

Robert: ESFP
definitely Se dom, but I think ESTP (definitely an 8w7 Sx/So)

Cersei: ESFJ
not feelin this typing. she's far too cold and calculating, I'd say some sort of TJ

Joffrey: ESTx
ESTP 6w7 Sx/So

Jaime: ESTP
ESTP 3w2 Sx/So

Tyrion: ENTP
YES! ENTP 7w6 Sp/??

Tywin: xNTJ
ENTJ 8w? So/Sp

Littlefinger: INTJ
yeah. I think he's a 6w5 Sp/Sx

Varys: INTP (?)
I thought INFJ (6w? Sp/So)

Daenerys: INFJ
I thought INTJ or ISFP (I saw Ni and Fi as opposed to Ni and Fe, but you could be right here) 9w8 Sx/Sp

Viserys: ExFP
I was thinking Ne dom gone to hell, so ENFP works. 4w3 Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp[/QUOTE]

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
@ Elfboy

I really don't see any Te in Catelyn. She is driven in her life bij her sense of duty (SJ) and her love of her family, her children in particular She's constantly trying to fulfil their needs and she puts her own needs away for them. She also sympathize with other people quickly, like with Brienne. I think she's most likely Si > Fe (ISFJ)

Robb I find difficult to type, because we don't see much from him personally in the first two books/series. I don't know if he's a POV character later on, but I hope so. So far I don't see NF in him though. He's much alike his father working in the traditionally way, doing his 'duties'.

I see Bran as an INFP because of his "shy" nature and ability to see right through things. The way he connected to dreams and magical stuff seems very NFP.

Theon seems to me a risk-taker, loving action and war. He's smart and knows strategies to fight, but if he has taken what he's fighting for he can't keep it (I don't see any long-planning J in that). I don't think he is very good in imagining what other people are thinking and feeling. He can't motivate other people to stand by his side.

Cersei is an ESFJ, just not a typical one. I believe she's an ESFJ "gone to hell" (to use your nice choice of words). She's a control freak first class. She rules by manipulating other people emotionally. She can be very charming and she's trying to read other people's minds, focusing on their motives and beliefs. I don't see a strategical rational planner here. She keeps a lot to herself (though probably she'll share it with Jaime) but I believe this is because of her "gone to hell" / traumatic experience with her marriage.

About Viserys you're probably right. ;)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Alwyn, as you go on in the books I'll bet you'll become increasingly certain Cersei is a TJ. She seems to be a bit more tender in the show than she was in the books. For example, in the books she doesn't express nearly as much concern over the fact that Joffrey is clearly a sociopathic, sadistic monster, she only gets somewhat upset about how difficult he is to wrangle or manipulate into making more prudent choices at times.

I'd also agree with Elfboy about Theon, I think. His actions are motivated by a need to prove himself to his (estranged) family (and, to be frank, the whole thing wasn't that well planned).

Alwyn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Alwyn, as you go on in the books I'll bet you'll become increasingly certain Cersei is a TJ. She seems to be a bit more tender in the show than she was in the books. For example, in the books she doesn't express nearly as much concern over the fact that Joffrey is clearly a sociopathic, sadistic monster, she only gets somewhat upset about how difficult he is to wrangle or manipulate into making more prudent choices at times.

Well I have read the first two books and I don't see a T in her. Why should anyone be a T if they can't see the truth about those they love? I don't think she is F because of her 'tenderness', but the way she wants to control everyone emotionally - which I see as a very unhealthy Fe funtion. In Clash of Kings with the power match with Tyrion she's trying to overwin him by feelings. She wants herself to feel safe and she's trying to beat Tyrion emotionally by trying to find his favorite whore. She isn't that strategic as her little brother. She is, however, a very unhealthy person which make her difficult to type I guess.

Theon I'm not sure about, so maybe you're right about that, though I don't think if you want to prove yourself to your family you're automatically a F? It's more the way he does that, I think, what will determine his type.

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based on TV show :

STARK:

Edward Starck : ISTJ
Catelyn Stark : ESFJ
Robb Stark : ISFJ
Sansa Stark: ISFJ
Jon Snow : INFP
Aria starck : ISTP
Theon Greyjoy : ESTP

LANNISTER :
Tyrion Lannister : ENTP
Cersei Lannister : ENFJ
Jamie Lannister : ISTJ
Geoffrey : ENTJ

BARATHEON :
Robert Baratheon : ESFP
Renly Baratheon : ENFP
Stannis Baratheon : ISTJ

TARGARYEN :

Daenerys Targaryen : ISTP
her bodyguard : ISTJ

Others :
Lord Baelish, Littlefinger : INTJ
Lord Varys, l'eunuque : ENFJ
Samwell Tarly: ISFP
Brienne de Torth : looks ISTP with F side
Melissandre, : INFJ
Loras Tyrell : ESFP

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Having finished the first season, Eddard Stark is definitely ISTJ and Tyrion Lannister is definitely ENTP. I also believe that both Robb Stark and Jon Snow are both INFJs, probably my two favorite characters, next to Catelyn, who strikes me as ExFJ.

And very good to all the people who guessed Varys. Good example of a "shady" INFJ.

I'll think of the other people later.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Having finished the first season, Eddard Stark is definitely ISTJ and Tyrion Lannister is definitely ENTP. I also believe that both Robb Stark and Jon Snow are both INFJs, probably my two favorite characters, next to Catelyn, who strikes me as ExFJ.

And very good to all the people who guessed Varys. Good example of a "shady" INFJ.

I'll think of the other people later.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At first I though Daenerys was an ENFP, now I lean more toward ENFJ.

Camelotlord

MBTI Type
INTJ
George Martin?
Cersei Lannister INTJ
Robb Stark INTJ
Joffrey INTJ
Sansa ISFJ
Tyrian ENTP
Eddark ISTJ
Stannis ISTJ
ROBERT ESTP
Catelyn ESFJ
Renly ENFJ
Jamie ENTJ
Tywin INTJ

trancemode

Enneagram
5w4
A few that come to mind, from the books.

Tyrion ENTP
Arya ISTP
Sansa ENFJ
Robert ESTP
Cersei ENTJ
Joffrey Tyrant/Psychopath
Stannis ISTJ
Jaime ESTP
Jon Snow INFJ