• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Game of Thrones / G.R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" (tv & book series)

Emotionalogic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oberyn is the most ESFP motherfucker on that show. If you can't see this guy bleeding SeFi all over every scene he's in, you're just not paying attention. It's just silly.
Oberyn isn't direct enough for se, he enjoys being ambiguous, obscure. And he represses Si, not Ni. And I don't see much fi. You don't need fi to want revenge.

Sansa Stark is so INFP it makes me want to slap someone. I can explain this one if anyone needs to hear it, but seriously, it's very clear.

Close, but not quite. She's an INFJ. Don't you see the fe?

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will gladly ride the Sansa is an INFP Express. I knew I liked her for some strange reason :newwink:.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
it's funny because the actress that plays sansa is blatantly ESFJ

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tyrion Lannister ENTP (a quintessential ENTP fox)
Jon Snow ENTJ
Arya Stark ISTP
Ned Stark ISTJ
Bran Stark INFP
Daenerys Targaryen INFJ
Samwell Tarly INFJ
Jaime Lannister ESTP
Cersei Lannister ENTJ
Tywin Lannister INTJ
Sansa Stark ENFJ
Catelyn Stark ESFJ
Robert Baratheon ESTP
Joffrey Baratheon ENTJ
Littlefinger INTJ (the Ben Linus of the series who “always has a plan”)
The Mountain ISTJ
The Hound ISTJ
The Red Viper ENTP
Stannis Baratheon ISTJ (about as ISTJ as they get)
The Red Priestess INFJ
Theon Greyjoy ESTP
Davos “The Onion Knight” ISTP
Brienne ISFJ
Ser Loras Tyrell “The Knight of Flowers” ESTP
Euron “the Crow’s-Eye” ENTP

The Red Viper is an ESTP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
someone just said Jon Snow ENTJ and I gave up on the thread

/me dies

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
it's funny because the actress that plays sansa is blatantly ESFJ

Interestingly I made exactly the same argument in defence of her character a few pages back that she does in that video. Interesting in that many could come to that same point and conclusion. ;)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
P.S.,

Sansa Stark is so INFP it makes me want to slap someone. I can explain this one if anyone needs to hear it, but seriously, it's very clear.

I believe you (and I think I can see it, myself), but I'd really like to hear your rationale anyway. Simply because I so enjoyed your analysis of Jaime.

One objection to the INFP typing I might have, is that initially she is enamoured with the traditional role of being a princess, and her taste in men seems is very obvious and a bit status-centric. Also, I was never under the impression that INFP's were good at playing people, you know? Maybe I missed that lesson at INFP School. :(

Nicodemus

Also, I was never under the impression that INFP's were good at playing people, you know?
Neither is Sansa (except in one scene in the last episode, which is not in the book). All she does to 'play people' is retreat into herself and stoically say what she is supposed to.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I relate to Sansa too much really, when she told Tyrion why she's in the godswood all the time, I used almost those exact words to tell my parents why I was on my computer all the time (when I was a teenager).

Qre:us

Going off the show, not the book:

Littlefinger is INTJ to Varys' INFJ

Arya is an ISTP (Ti pours through her thought process)

Dany is an IxFP (not FJ) who had to "grow up" and wield that Te, but it is to ultimately serve her Fi.

Jon Snow - lol, he's not a TJ. He's F. Either INFP or INFJ.

Tyrion, the imp, is an ISFJ

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Neither is Sansa (except in one scene in the last episode, which is not in the book). All she does to 'play people' is retreat into herself and stoically say what she is supposed to.

Yeah that's true. I guess I'm letting it loom too large in my memory, because I just watched it.

A

Anew Leaf

Have you read the books?

I think it's pretty clear he has not. Good times.

Edit: For those who have not read the books, there is a definite difference between many characters. Most notably Littlefinger. Littlefinger in the book is the ghost in the mirror that you barely get a chance to see how epic this man is. Littlefinger on the show is as subtle as painting him neon and saying AMGOURDS CHESSMASTER OF UNIVERSE with trumpets every time he graces the screen.

A

Anew Leaf

Nope, he's very much aware of what he doesn't know and what he can and can't do.

So... this ability is solely for IxTJs then? Because I know quite a few people of varying types who are bluntly aware of their own shortcomings. He's also older and more experienced, and dare I toe onto... wiser.

He doesn't share more of his thoughts than he has to; it's just common to mistake IxTJs for Te doms sometimes because they communicate with the outside world in such a Te-oriented way. Remember that with introverts, when you interact with them, you are most likely speaking to the general's aide, not the general himself--he stays behind in the tent. ([MENTION]Zarathustra[/MENTION] first pointed this out to me.)

It's also called self-control. We are talking about a man who must be somewhere in his 60's given the age of his children.

Also he is not removed from Fi; it's deeply important to him to carry on his family name and to maintain his particular idea of honor (which may not be the same as most people's.)

At this age he will be far closer to his Fi at this point than were we discussing a teenager.

He has always felt insulted that the gods gave him a dwarf for a son

What does this have to do with type? Look at the context and culture of the world. Look at what he values: control. Let's then add on the layer of knowledge wherein Tyrion's birth CAUSED Tywin's wife to die. I think THAT is more the source of Tywin's hatred for that particular child; Tyrion being a dwarf is merely the urine frosting on such a cake.

he worries deeply for the legacy of his family name, which is a large part of why he cares so deeply for Jaime. The attachment to his family name and its long-term legacy is also a big deal for Si, because a world without his family would strike him as deeply unfamiliar (and thus unsettling) and would lead him to feel like he'd failed in his duty to history and family (which is a big deal for Si doms.)

@bold, where is the evidence for that? I am not an Ni-er - so Ni-ers feel free to correct me - but I don't take his dedication to family legacy as being solely relegated to Si-land. I see it as, this man has created something from nearly nothing.... why would he want it squandered?

----

All in all, culling mainly from the books since I consider them more truthful source material than the shows... I consider Tywin to be ENTJ.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's pretty clear he has not. Good times.

Edit: For those who have not read the books, there is a definite difference between many characters. Most notably Littlefinger. Littlefinger in the book is the ghost in the mirror that you barely get a chance to see how epic this man is. Littlefinger on the show is as subtle as painting him neon and saying AMGOURDS CHESSMASTER OF UNIVERSE with trumpets every time he graces the screen.

Lol. I keep expecting the on-screen Littlefinger to twirl his moustache with panache and mug the camera after each double-edged comment he makes.

JLM

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Tyrion and Introvert lol no way Jose

Tyrion Lannister- ENTP

Jaime Lannister- ESFJ

Cersei Lannister- ISTJ

Daenerys Targaryen- INFJ

Jon Snow- ISFJ

Petyr Baelish- ENTP( No way an INTJ is running a brothel and is able to charm women)

Maergary Tyrell- ESTJ

Stannis Baratheon- ISTJ

Theon Greyjoy- ESTP

Bran Stark- INFP

Sansa Stark- ISFP

Arya Stark- ESFJ

Brienne of Tarth- ISTP

Ramsay Bolton- ESTP

Varys- INTJ (mastermind who doesnt let sex/emotions get in the way)

Bronn- ISTP

Gendry- ISFP

Tywin Lannister- ESTJ

Shae- ESFJ

Ygritte- ISTP

Jofferey Baratheon- Signs of sociopathy which makes him very hard to type , but I'll guess ESFP but twisted

Catelyn Stark- ESTJ

Robb Stark- ESTJ

Eddard Stark- ISTJ

Robert Baratheon - ESFP(typical low IQ buffoon but skilled warrior)

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
I don't see Cersei as a sensor. Ni causes most of her problems. I also think she naturally has Fi, but is forced to use Fe instead. She seems like an ambivert, so I'd guess xNTJ.

Littlefinger actually does seem to use Fe with ease. He could be an ENFJ. I guess he might be different in the books, but in the show he doesn't come across as particularly introverted or reserved about his feelings. In fact, he uses his alleged feelings for Catelyn to manipulate people.

Milisandre--xNFJ. She's pretty charming and good at persuading people, and although she's mysterious there's little proof in the show that she's introverted. She's usually around other people and doesn't seem bothered by unexpected company. However, Ni could still be her dominant function and she could be so committed to her faith that she's willing to put on any front to see her plan through. I can see TJ as well though. She is good at forward planning and likes to test a theory she has in the outside world, so I see a possible Ni/Te combination in her.

Varys--INTP or INFJ.

Sansa--ESFJ

Catelyn--I see more ESTJ than anything. She's action-oriented and uses Fi more than Fe.

Jon Snow--ISFP

Arya--ISxP

The Hound--ISTP

Tywin--ENTJ

Tyrion--ENxP

Jaime--ESxP

Joffrey--It's hard to say because he was unhealthy and didn't last long, but I do think he liked to be able to control his environment and liked clarity and consistency from the outside, so I think he's a Te user and possibly a J. Obviously he did not use Fe much. He preferred to be blunt rather than tactful, and though highly sensitive he preferred to appear otherwise. He was young and immature, so it's difficult to see how much foresight he might have. He didn't really have to call most of the political shots. Were he less spoiled, and forced to make important decisions, it'd be interesting to see what would do.

Daenerys confuses me. I can't tell if she uses Fi or Fe. She's good at assimilating into different groups and had good diplomacy for her level of experience, yet she also has some strong, unconventional (for the time/place) views that she refuses to give up even if it hurts her popularity. It was only when individual people came to express their tragedies to her (in the show, at least) that she yielded a bit. That seemed very Fi to me. I think whatever feeling function she uses guides her the most.

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
Oberyn isn't direct enough for se, he enjoys being ambiguous, obscure. And he represses Si, not Ni. And I don't see much fi. You don't need fi to want revenge.

I see Oberyn as an ENFP or even an ENTP, and I know an ENFP with a similar personality. I could buy ENFJ also. People seem to think if you're intuitive you have no sensations and if you're a sensor you're literal all the time. That's absurd and we'd not be very well off in the world if we were that limited. Most people on GoT have to be adaptable to survive. Oberyn may be a good fighter like almost every other male in the series, but that doesn't make him a sensor. He frequently thinks on his feet and manipulates situations by doing or saying the non-obvious thing. He's poetic and a talker and obviously, at times can't keep his mouth shut. He's open minded and looks at things from unique angle.