• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wouldn't buy into any argument based on inferior functions, myself. Inferior is more about what a person lacks, and yet this lack disturbs them in some way. After putting a few moment's thought into Yoda's type and checking around, I can't seem to disagree with your INFJ call.

Concerning the infreior; I don't think it's exactly a bad method towards typing, in fact I find it useful, since by loacting a certain weakness or deficiency in how one thinks or acts, can help to narrow down their exact thought process.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yoda is one of the most kind-hearted, emotionally expressive characters in the series. But he's not effusive or histrionic, he is emotionally balanced. I don't see him as repressed in any way. Inferior isn't always repressed. Yoda has utterly none of the neurotic traits that result from repression. That doesn't mean he lacks an inferior function. His inferior is Se which I have only seen him express in healthy ways: a childlike playfulness at times and the healthy enjoyment of his senses. Yoda is what every neurotic INFJ naturally strives toward as an ideal.

[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]

Pretty much this.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Concerning the infreior; I don't think it's exactly a bad method towards typing, in fact I find it useful, since by loacting a certain weakness or deficiency in how one thinks or acts, can help to narrow down their exact thought process.

What if someone has several weaknesses?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What if someone has several weaknesses?

Good question. I'm actually not to sure myself; it could mean that several function are of inferior level, or it could mean functions aren't valid; however I can't really be certain.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's with everyone saying Luke is 9? What exactly is 9 about him at all?

He's way too impulsive, reactive, impatient, stubborn, non-compliant except for things that he cares about, and overall just more temperamental.

In respect to these two variables -- the trichotomy regarding a type's preference of initiative and the level and manner of action he/she will take while navigating life's scenarios, and another trichotomy correlating with emotional patterns, especially regarding the way one manages emotions -- he is clearly Reactive/Supportive and Temperamental:

Preference of Initiative:

Active/Aggressive: Types that like to take initiative, act pre-emptively and/or unilaterally, and advance on things of interest. Types with this preference are generally incorrigible and have a disdain for positions that feel like anything less than leadership. Will not be likely to commit to obligations unless they are in control or seeking control.

The types that have this preference are: Threes, Sevens, and Eights.

Reactive/Supportive: Types that prefer to act only in reaction to or cooperation with other actions. These are types that are prone to watch and weight, and manage situations as they come. While types with this preference can be exceptional as assistants and subordinates, they also tend to have an unmovable stubborn streak regarding certain values, which can push them into leadership positions.

The types that have this preference are: Ones, Twos, and Sixes.

Passive/Evasive: These types generally neither take initiative nor pose the support or opposition. Types with this preference tend to let life set the pace for them, somehwhat like the supportive types, but these types are much more likely to avoid or accept circumstances than to manage or challenge them. Possibly the most independant of power structures, but not necessarily rebellious to them.

The types that have this preference are: Fours, Fives. and Nines.

Emotional Management:

Temperamental: This refers to the tendency to be emotionally sensitive and volatile. A temperamental type is one that let's emotions flare in and ubridled manner, and puts little effort into emotional control. Temperamental types have a particular propensity toward expressing dark or negative emotions more than positive ones.

The types that have this preference are: Fours, Sixes, and Eights.

Projective: This refers to the tendency to be emotionally self-managing in a way that aims to project certain emotions, hence the chosen name. Types with this preference will selectively concentrate on certain feelings, not surprisingly with a bias toward positive feelings. These types tend to be wary of dwelling on or dealing with negative emotions, and are especially afraid to reveal their own.

The types that have this preference are: Twos, Sevens, and Nines.

Detached: This refers to the tendency of suppressing or detaching oneself from emotional impulses of most any sort. These types seek more self-control and clarity of thought be subduing their own emotions. They may reveal anger and amusement more often than others, but are especially afraid of vulnerable or needful emotions. Tend to be awkward in dealing with the feelings of others.

The types that have this preference are: Ones, Threes, and Fives.

Active/Aggressive + Temperamental = Eight
Active/Aggressive + Projective = Seven
Active/Aggressive + Detached = Three
Reactive/Supportive + Temperamental = Six
Reactive/Supportive + Projective = Two
Reactive/Supportive + Detached = One
Passive/Evasive + Temperamental = Four
Passive/Evasive + Projective = Nine
Passive/Evasive + Detached = Five

That would make him a 6.

Please, someone tell me, why is he a 9?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's with everyone saying Luke is 9? What exactly is 9 about him at all?

He's way too impulsive, reactive, impatient, stubborn, non-compliant except for things that he cares about, and overall just more temperamental.

In respect to these two variables -- the trichotomy regarding a type's preference of initiative and the level and manner of action he/she will take while navigating life's scenarios, and another trichotomy correlating with emotional patterns, especially regarding the way one manages emotions -- he is clearly Reactive/Supportive and Temperamental:

Preference of Initiative:

Emotional Management:

Active/Aggressive + Temperamental = Eight
Active/Aggressive + Projective = Seven
Active/Aggressive + Detached = Three
Reactive/Supportive + Temperamental = Six
Reactive/Supportive + Projective = Two
Reactive/Supportive + Detached = One
Passive/Evasive + Temperamental = Four
Passive/Evasive + Projective = Nine
Passive/Evasive + Detached = Five

That would make him a 6.