Anew Leaf

Harry is an ISFP.

Luke is just very YNe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I disagree on Luke (he still seems clearly N to me -- i mean, can you imagine an N N'ing out on Tatooine? His entire existence HAS to develop his S side, but he's "always dreaming of the stars" and epic quests, etc.).
    To quote Yoda about Luke: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things..."

Which sounds like an N not finding enough to engage with in the present and living in the future via daydreams. I do think Luke as ISFP is at least arguable, though... ISFPs have a similar restlessness, but not always with the same future orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    However, I agree with you on Harry. ISFP is probably the best read. It's funny to see him get outraged when his principles are violated, although otherwise he's pretty steady.
    I don't see Harry as INFP at all. I agree with ISFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Luke is just very YNe.
    So YNe, especially in Episode IV: "“But I wanted to go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" which translates roughly as "Whine whine whine whine WHINE whine!!!"

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Harry is a 1w9 Sx/Sp.
    Luke is a 9w1 Sx/Sp.

They could be both INFP

However, Harry P, seems more grounded and practical, with a limited vision, sounds S. Or maybe it's just the tertiary Si.
    Luke may be more visionary and big picture oriented, more N.

I didn't read or watch something of Harry P since almost ten years, so i don't remember enough to say.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Harry is a 1w9 Sx/Sp.
    Luke is a 9w1 Sx/Sp.

They could be both INFP

However, Harry P, seems more grounded and practical, with a limited vision, sounds S. Or maybe it's just the tertiary Si.
    Luke may be more visionary and big picture oriented, more N.

I didn't read or watch something of Harry P since almost ten years, so i don't remember enough to say.
    Luke is So/Sx.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    So YNe, especially in Episode IV: "“But I wanted to go to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" which translates roughly as "Whine whine whine whine WHINE whine!!!"
    I think Luke's YNe-ness is the most obvious and dominant part of his character, and the function that he enjoys most using, at least early in the trilogy. Later, we see him become more tempered, as his gooFi-ness begins to get a hold and he starts idealizing his father in terms that sound almost insane. But at least that kind of diversity is far more endurable than his initial raw YNe-ness.

YNe-ness is also expressed in comments like:
    - But Aunt Beru, I don't WANT to eat another helping of rehydrated brussel sprouts!
    - Chewbacca cheats at 3D space chess all the time, and every time I complain, he threatens to pull off my arms!
    - Ben, can you please stop using my toothbrush as a beard straightener?
    - But these AREn'T the droids you're looking for. They aren't, they aren't, they AREN'T!!!! *stamps feet*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I know one thing they both have in common... MAGIC POWERS!!!

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Sorry to get all irritatingly subjective but if Luke and Harry were INFPs I would have felt a strong degree of familiarity in their characters, and I didn't. They don't seem INFP at all to me - they so much more driven by the literal world and not by a inner world of perception - there are no real mental leaps (Ne) involved, just skilled responsiveness to the moment (Se). Yeah, Luke goes all zen in his Jedi training but to point this out as evidence that he is N is to say all Jedis must be N - besides, meditation techniques of clearing the mind and focusing the body are used by both Sensors and Intuitives.

I find the arguments for ISFP to be quite convincing.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    To quote Yoda about Luke: "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things..."

Which sounds like an N not finding enough to engage with in the present and living in the future via daydreams. I do think Luke as ISFP is at least arguable, though... ISFPs have a similar restlessness, but not always with the same future orientation.
    I think this is merely about being a restless Perceiver. A ISFP craving adventure would look to the future too if he were bored by his current situation.

Besides isn't the former pupil Yoda is talking about meant to be Anakin/Dark Vader? I think he is merely drawing comparisons between Luke and Anakin's restlessness. I looked the scene up and it's only at the beginning of when Luke and Yoda meet - where Luke is asking to be trained (ie. he doesn't know much about Luke beyond what he senses). And a few lines before, Yoda speaks more about patience.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Luke is So/Sx.
    No. Yoda is 9w1 So/Sx.

[youtube=3A_uOaA3e_0]Star Wars: Yoda's Training and Wisdom[/youtube]

Luke don't have problems to withdrawn from the group to follow a personal quest. He's the intense seeker and wanderer, easily going to the dark. He's reckless, sometimes too much for his own good, and is dramatic in most of his actions and stance. He fight for a casue, but was originally reluctant about this and is insular by nature.

Yoda is fantastical and has a lot of thrills and is directly immmersed in the larger world. He used to be a social figure and withdrawn only for the interest of the social cause. He doen's have the Sx leanings to be too much single-minded and focused like Luke does, but he is a self-pres last, the way he lives on Dagobah and even on Curuscant shows that in doesn't give a fuck about confort and safety.

Luke is similar with Cyclops or James Dean. Yoda is simliar with the pope John Paul II.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    No. Yoda is 9w1 So/Sx.
    Luke is not So last. he is service oriented, cares about fitting in, feels a sense of obligation toward the group and rarely if ever considers self preservation. on top of that, he is nothing like the 9w1 Sx/Sp videos I've seen. his focus is much more broad than the intense, narrowed in focus of an Sx/Sp. I think he very well could be, and probably is the same E-type as Yoda. Sx/Sp is more intense and less concerned with worldly affairs (Anakin, a real Sx/Sp, is a good example of this, even if Anakin is probably more so being 8w7 as opposed to 9w1)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire