User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IXTJ View Post
    Re: Darth; I've always thought he was INTJ? Operating outside what is decent.

I just don't see Darth as a good accountant. (ISTJ)

The more I think about it, the more rule oriented he is. You die if you break a rule.

His persona is sure different than as ENFP Anakin?
    Or...who actually liked Star Wars 1-3? I'd propose that part of the reason those movies stunk is that Anakin is one of the most inconsistent characters ever invented. In movie 1 he's building genius robots and winning pod races which could indicate a preference for Sensing. And, always ready for a chat. Seems Extraverted. There's no sign of this mechanical genius by the 2nd movie and in fact no redeeming part of his character. He uses neither T or F to think through his relationship with Queen Amadala and in movie 3...where did he think escape would get them?

How about writing him off as someone who was damaged in childhood and had no chance to develop the strengths of whatever his personality might have become? He never seems to muster the maturity of a 10-year-old (not to insult any 10-year-olds you know) and is no better as Darth, simply doing the Emperor's wishes even after that path has destroyed his life, universe and anything he held dear.
    edcoaching

MBTI
    _NFP

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Leia is well-versed in weapons, strategic warfare, and politics. While any motivated princess who will one day rule might take to these as a matter of course, they're still the realm of T. She also seems to act logically. I have to vote ENTJ over ESTJ because at that age, many ESTJs are still more comfortable operating within rule boundaries as opposed to traveling the universe to find her "only hope."

Han and E--remember it's about energy, not just about being a party animal. Han seems to be energized by action and interaction, and is constantly with Chewbacca if no one else on the Millennium Falcon. Blasting without thinking isn't necessarily the ISTP way...they're more likely to recognize that noise will alert more storm troopers and do something more subtle. Han just doesn't sit still. ISTPs often do...
    I can see Han being E. As far as Leia goes, why do those things make her T? I thought the point of the T/F dichotomy was which one uses to make judgments.

MBTI
    INTJ

I agree that Harry is ISFP. If he were INFP, he'd likely be more academically/theoretically oriented when it came to his studies, and less good at Quidditch (most star athletes are S).
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
    I can see Han being E. As far as Leia goes, why do those things make her T? I thought the point of the T/F dichotomy was which one uses to make judgments.
    T and F definitely describe decision modes; planning defense of the rebel base and attacks on the Death Star all involve decisions that require logic and strategy that usually fall within T natural processes rather than F. Politics...you could poll F's and see how they wish politics would work rather, whether you're talking sororities or businesses or government...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ESPs tend to write fiction that they dregde up from the recesses of their psyche which tends to look Ni, while INJs tend to write incredibly Se fiction, etc.
    Woah! I think that's true! It's true for me, anyway... that would be really interesting to look closely at...
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Harry Potter, I know for sure, is an INTP.

This is because--

He's definitely Introverted, that's a given..

He's an N because he often contemplates about things he's unsure of...fitting pieces of the puzzle together are easy for him..and intuitively knowing he must be the one to destroy Lord Voldemort.

He's by far a T..remember in the 6th book how he had a crush on Ginny..is he was an F, he would have probably been with her before he actually did get with her...he looked at the logics: she was Ron's sister, and it was right for him to keep his ground.

and the P is also a given..

so there's my theory, like it or hate it..I'm not saying it's right.

but as for Luke skywalker, I'm not too sure.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Why did you bump this?! The OP is just...argh.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by nightwatcher View Post
    ISFPs Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter are sometimes mistyped as INFPs, possibly in part because it’s assumed that a character with magical powers or strong in the Force must be an N. But the S/N difference isn’t about one possessing supernatural powers the other lacks. It’s about viewpoint and what kind of information is the main focus: the pieces or the whole, the present or the future, reality or imagination, theory or fact, etc. In Luke’s own words (as I recall from one of the New Jedi Order novels), he was never much good at seeing the big picture. There are likewise numerous examples which show Harry Potter being more S than N.
    agreed

Also compare each to their main adversaries. The Emperor and Voldemort are both INTJ visionary masterminds, big picture/future planners, while Luke and Harry are SP responders. For that matter, so is the Emperor’s right hand enforcer: ISTP Darth Vader, who is sometimes mistyped as an ENTJ (perhaps you could make a case that he became more ENTJ when he became Vader, but Anakin Skywalker was likely an ISTP and Vader is nothing like the long range future planner/Empire builder that his master was).
    Darth Vader is an Fi user, not an ISTP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic View Post
    Harry Potter, I know for sure, is an INTP.
    Strongly disagree

This is because--

He's definitely Introverted, that's a given..
    Yes

He's an N because he often contemplates about things he's unsure of...fitting pieces of the puzzle together are easy for him..and intuitively knowing he must be the one to destroy Lord Voldemort.
    That alone does not make him an N. In fact, his having to see and touch and feel for himself in order to believe and understand and his strong talent for Quiddich point to Se (the intuition you mention might be attributed to tertiary Ni coupled with Fi.

He's by far a T..remember in the 6th book how he had a crush on Ginny..is he was an F, he would have probably been with her before he actually did get with her...he looked at the logics: she was Ron's sister, and it was right for him to keep his ground.
    Oh no, not at all. That was his Fi speaking. That is a question of values, not of logic, and more of his own code rather than something external. Whatever he is guided by, it sure isn't Ti and I would say it is Fi.

and the P is also a given..
    Agreed.

-------> ISFP

Watching Episode III this winter it struck me (and not only me) how ISFP Luke Skywalker is. He too is driven by Fi and strongly supported by Se (has to see for himself and be out there and has an urge to experience things first hand and "live").

Both characters also give off a slightly similar vibe to my ISFP sister
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Strongly disagree
    Yes

That alone does not make him an N. In fact, his having to see and touch and feel for himself in order to believe and understand and his strong talent for Quiddich point to Se (the intuition you mention might be attributed to tertiary Ni coupled with Fi.

Oh no, not at all. That was his Fi speaking. That is a question of values, not of logic, and more of his own code rather than something external. Whatever he is guided by, it sure isn't Ti and I would say it is Fi.

Agreed.

-------> ISFP

Watching Episode III this winter it struck me (and not only me) how ISFP Luke Skywalker is. He too is driven by Fi and strongly supported by Se (has to see for himself and be out there and has an urge to experience things first hand and "live").

Both characters also give off a slightly similar vibe to my ISFP sister
    I disagree on Luke (he still seems clearly N to me -- i mean, can you imagine an N N'ing out on Tatooine? His entire existence HAS to develop his S side, but he's "always dreaming of the stars" and epic quests, etc.).

However, I agree with you on Harry. ISFP is probably the best read. It's funny to see him get outraged when his principles are violated, although otherwise he's pretty steady.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft