User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Default MBTI and Death Note

I don't think there has been any post done here yet which actually types all the Death Note characters.
    I love this show and watched all 37 episodes in less than a week.

This show has some great examples of Rationals- the creators of Death Note are likely NT themselves. There are some characters I am still 50/50 on.

Yagami Light-ENTJ (I've heard INTJ but given his 'god complex' and ways of dealing with people- you see more of a power-hungry, highly intelligent, and charismatic ENTJ than an INTJ. An extravert doesn't have to be a lover of people- especially an Extraverted Rational).

L-INTP (What else could he be?)

Near-INTJ (Seemed more confident in his deductions but less precise than L)

Mello-ENFP (Despite his extremely high intelligence, one of his problems was that he let his emotions control what he did- only in the way that XNFP types let them do. I could see ENTP or even ENTJ.. but Mello's Fi is definitely stronger than his Fe and if he was ENTJ that would make Fi his inferior function which it is definitely not.)

Chief Yagami-ISXJ (Seemed very T towards the beginning but got more F-ish later on, I'm leaning towards ISTJ though, I don't think an F would berate himself as much for 'acting on his emotions'.)

Matsuda- ESFP (What else? Impulsive and often served as comic relief.)

Teru Mikami- ISTJ (A serious Guardian who was in love with justice)

Ryuk- ENTP (He hates boredom and loves apples.. both lead me to say ENTP.)

Misa Misa- ENFP (In love with Light only in a way that an ENFP could do so.)

Mogi- ISTJ (A quiet and cautious type who was devoted to the Kira case. I used to think ISFJ but his enthusiasm as Misa's manager seemed way too overdone and planned for an F type. I've seen ultra enthusiastic ISFJs before and they are actually crazy, )

Aaizawa- ESTJ (Assertive and his strong Te led him to the obvious conclusion that Light has to be Kira and he never seemed to stop believing it after the '13 day rule' proved to be fake).

Watari- INFJ (L's loyal partner- played an SJ-ish role without seeming SJ-ish in terms of personality. His devotion to helping gifted children develop their strengths suggests a strong NF type).

Takada- ESFJ (Her love for Kira was similar to that of Teru Mikami but she had a much warmer personality and unlike Teru could never get herself to actually use the Death Note)

Rem- INFP (She sacrificed herself in the end to save the life of Misa, even though, she seemed to have a good idea of what would happen from the very beginning.. she never took much of an assertive stance against the humans, which suggests INFP. Ryuk's reasons for letting Light do what he desired were very different than why Rem let things go on).

Anyone disagree with my typings?
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 08-20-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: merged
    Likes xaviergx liked this post

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

No one wants to discuss Death Note?
    That is surprising...

MBTI
    OMNi

I hate to break it to you pal but...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ote-anime.html

and there are 2 others as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Oh, thanks.
    I'm no longer surprised.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Default Death Note characters

Well, there has been endless mulling over on Light Yagami's type, but I haven't seen a thread for the typing of all Death Note characters. I've decided to start one. Later type edits on my part are placed with a dash beside my original type guess, which is placed in brackets.

Light Yagami: INTJ (I've also seen him convincingly typed as ENTJ, but he does not seem energized by social interaction at all - it's more a means to an end for him, and he prefers time spent alone in his room. He's also a blatant Ni-dominant, further pointing to INTJ. I've also seen him typed much less convincingly as INFJ or ISTJ, and can only conclude that anyone who types him as an F or an S is on acid.)
    L: obvious INTP is obvious
    Near: INTJ (possibly INTP, but he seems more of a J)
    Mello: a particularly insane ENFP
    Matt: [ISFP] - ISTP
    Watari: INFJ
    Misa Amane: ESFP
    Teru Mikami: [INTJ] - ISTJ
    Kiyomi Takada: ENFJ
    Kyosuke Higuchi: ENTJ
    Soichiro Yagami: ISTJ
    Shuichi Aizawa: ESTJ
    Kanzo Mogi: ISTJ
    Touta Matsuda: ENFP
    Raye Penber: ISFJ
    Naomi Misora: ENFJ
    Ryuk: [ESTP] - ENTP
    Rem: ISFJ
    Gelus: not enough information to tell, but he sounds INFP from Rem's description
    Last edited by Harold Saxon; 04-21-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Fixing Mikami's and Ryuk's types

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Wht?

Ryuk slightly seems more N to me. He shows alot of an interest in lights plans and ideas

Mello probably an insane ENFJ. He is very organized and sure about decisions.

Matt seems more INTP also.
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

- Jack Handey

Mikami Teru is as ISTJ as he can be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master Near View Post
    Ryuk slightly seems more N to me. He shows alot of an interest in lights plans and ideas
    I agree that he's a borderline case, but I took him for more of an S. He doesn't seem to think ahead about anything at all. He's motivated entirely by boredom. And though it's ridiculously superficial, there's also his constant craving for apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master Near
    Mello probably an insane ENFJ. He is very organized and sure about decisions.
    I strongly disagree here. I could buy Mello being an especially emotional ENTP (though ENFP is still more likely, given his rants about Near's lack of emotion), but he's certainly not an ENFJ. He's confident, but that's as far as any similarity between him and a J goes. He constantly thinks ahead (N), but is extremely impulsive and terrible at long-term planning (P). He's also horrendous at managing other people, as seen by the sheer chaos amongst his mafia underlings. He leads by charisma and fear, with no care for orderliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Master Near
    Matt seems more INTP also.
    I'll agree that I typed Matt incorrectly, but I don't know where you're getting N from. Matt is Mello's muscle, and very action-oriented. I'll concede on the T bit, though - I literally do not have a single clue how I figured F for Matt. I take him for an ISTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak
    Mikami Teru is as ISTJ as he can be.
    I disagree. He seems very "big picture" oriented, and had already conceived of his ideas regarding justice prior to the existence of Kira, so is more than a mere Kira bandwagon-jumper. His detailed schedule is more S-like, but that's as far as any S in him seems to extend.

So, a revision:

Matt: ISTP
    Likes xaviergx liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    I disagree. He seems very "big picture" oriented, and had already conceived of his ideas regarding justice prior to the existence of Kira, so is more than a mere Kira bandwagon-jumper. His detailed schedule is more S-like, but that's as far as any S in him seems to extend.
    Ideas? What ideas? That criminals must be punished? He has a very strong, SJ-like sense of justice, which pretty much coincides with a traditional draconian moral attitude. He is clearly dwelling on the past, he's using his own personal childhood experiences to draw a line between justice and injustice (Si), and I don't see any signs of the "big picture". I see a frustrated Si-Te type willing to subject himself to a greater power through religious ecstasis (ISJ). I don't see an ounce of Ni in him. Plus the detailed schedule.

Riva

I love that series. I am referring to the animated series not the film. I haven't watched the film.

Light Yagami - INTJ
    L - INTP

And Mello why 'N' why not 'Se'? Why not ISTP?