Near - INTJ
    Mello - ENFP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Light is sooooo INTJ it is not even funny.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

I think L is |R|CUE|I|, because I am the same... equally reserved as inquisitive, and calm as well, his outbursts are extremely uncommon, his only one is when Light shows him he's not Kira, during the imprisonment (defecting the notebook), and it isn't really that noticeable.
    However, I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I think L (as well as me) is a Ti user with a Te perspective, trying to prove everything you think, see, and perceive; and it's the only explanation I can come up now regarding the whole mbti theory (as well as the original jungian types), and those traits in L are shown all the time, he has the theory (or more formal here, like all this mbti and jungian stuff, HYPOTHESIS; not really proven, or sometimes proven wrong) that Light is Kira, and tries to "set him up" to show the world, but he finally can't (the point is that he tried, and that sounds Te in the attempt to show the world the evidence, as Ti doesn't require the evidence... Te by itself is really practical, and conforms with what everyone thinks, taking the logic from the outside... I think the ideas are completely Ti for INTP, but if there are INTP who want to prove things, like me, also have the Te perspective, using both as dominant; hence rendering this whole theory partly wrong!) Consider this as a major possibility, because this is what seems the closest to the truth... if it is not. (I think all this is the truth for the issue here)
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/20/205551.png

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I reread the first book, yeah Light is definitely limbic, I don't know why I thought he was calm. L on the other hand still seems more like the calm type; even his outbursts like falling from the chair upon knowing the existence of shinigami could have been just theatrics of L's part, perhaps he wanted everyone to think he had was terrified of shinigami.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

And, even after those outbursts, being a calm, who wouldn't be surprised (healthy people) to see something out of logic like a shinigami? LOL
    "Please don't have children, overpopulation is the real fuss of this world"-Composed by me...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Wait, so when does Light have these supposed emotional outbursts apart from right at the end where he is, y'know, caught and killed? I'm having trouble remembering.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Light worries a little too much about the stuff, but a tertiary Fi doesn't let him express it, we see him more stressed as we proceed with the manga (close to the ending), so, there's where you see him as a limbic, when you really get to know him.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Well, this topic is dying!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Why is a person being more "real" when under stress?