• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

T

ThatGirl

Light is ENTJ

L started out INTJ then was written more and more P. Most of this came down to the fact he HAD to think possibilities because there was no foreknowledge of the supernatural.

N INTJ (makes me want NT babies so bad!)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Light is ENTJ

Light is INTJ; he's more concerned with ideal version of how the world should be and focuses a lot on the forethough of anticipating L's moves and keeping one step ahead of them, which is an indication of Ni dominance. Also inferior Se makes sense in that whenever he becomes stressed he's far more likely to make risky and dangerous moves (killing Lind L Tailor, throwing a hissy fit when L discovers him, his psychotic behavior at the end of the series) that focus strictly on the present moment of the situation.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
I agree that L is an INTP and Light an ENTJ- at least his voice actor is.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I agree that L is an INTP and Light an ENTJ- at least his voice actor is.

So then you're basing your typing off the interpretation of the actor, and not necessarily the character himself. Not sure how that's supposed to work.

KDude

Light is definitely an INTJ, but try not to tell most internet INTJs this. It just goes to their heads, as if they're all potential global masterminds, set on righting every injustice in the world.

In fact, the whole mastermind thing needs to go away in general. I'm sure there are some who can't even mastermind a decent sandwich.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I've changed my mind on a few of ther previous typings:

Light: INTJ LSI-ILE 1w2 > 5w6pr > 2w1 so/sx

L: INTP LII-IEE 5w4 > 4w5 > 8w9s sx/sp

Ryuk: ENTP SEI-SEE 7w8 > 8w9f > 4w5 sp/sx

Misa: ENFJ EIE-SLE 2w3 > 1w2 > p6w7 sx/so

Near: INTP LII-ILE 5w6p > 3w4 > 8w9s sp/so

Mello: ENFJ SEE-IEE 3w4 > cp6w7 > 8w7 sp/sx

mello: ENFP

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Just out of curiosity, what makes L sx/sp rather than sp/sx?

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
So then you're basing your typing off the interpretation of the actor, and not necessarily the character himself. Not sure how that's supposed to work.

yes but they usually choose a voice actor who fits the character well when dubbing, or when the animation is being made, will base the characters themselves off of them. They wouldn't choose a voice actor who didn't suit the character in other words.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
mello: ENFP

Mello is not Ne dom; he's not novelty seeking nor concerned with ideas, possibilities, or curiosity. Instead, he seems to be more oriented towards increasing his social standing, fixated primarily on his personal role, and feeling himself inferior because he perceives it as inferior to Nears. he also seems to be quite adept at social manipulation and interaction with others, because I could think of no other way that a scranwy kid with a girlish hair cute could become a mafia leader without developed Fe. Also, Ni/Se makes far more sense than Fi/te for him.

Just out of curiosity, what makes L sx/sp rather than sp/sx?

He's not really concerned primarily with his own personal needs, rather is more focused actually on his obsession with others, in addition to his bizare personality, which can be both appealing and repulsive to those around him. Also, most sx/sp descriptions fit him better than sp/sx.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
yes but they usually choose a voice actor who fits the character well when dubbing, or when the animation is being made, will base the characters themselves off of them. They wouldn't choose a voice actor who didn't suit the character in other words.

I think you're putting too much faith in the adaptors. I think it's probably a better idea to type off the manga, as the depiction there was how the character was probably meant to be seen. Not that I'm disagreeing with your typing of him, I just think that actor=/=character, and the casting crew doesn't always get it right.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mello is not Ne dom; he's not novelty seeking nor concerned with ideas, possibilities, or curiosity. Instead, he seems to be more oriented towards increasing his social standing, fixated primarily on his personal role, and feeling himself inferior because he perceives it as inferior to Nears. he also seems to be quite adept at social manipulation and interaction with others, because I could think of no other way that a scranwy kid with a girlish hair cute could become a mafia leader without developed Fe. Also, Ni/Se makes far more sense than Fi/te for him.

He's not really concerned primarily with his own personal needs, rather is more focused actually on his obsession with others, in addition to his bizare personality, which can be both appealing and repulsive to those around him. Also, most sx/sp descriptions fit him better than sp/sx.
Mello lacks organization and rules by tyranny rather than charismatic leadership. His band of thugs is just roughly patched together and he is very impulse. All the other things you stated are just E3.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Mello lacks organization and rules by tyranny rather than charismatic leadership. His band of thugs is just roughly patched together and he is very impulse. All the other things you stated are just E3.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

That still doesn't prove him to be Ne dom; Fe doms can easilt rule through violence and force. The only other type he could be then, would be ESTP (Se+Fe), but there's no way he's inferior Ni.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
But isn't it part of his job to keep a close eye on others? It's not like he bothers getting himself involved or intimate with someone.
(I'm still trying to get my head around sx/sp and sp/sx differences.)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But isn't it part of his job to keep a close eye on others? It's not like he bothers getting himself involved or intimate with someone.
(I'm still trying to get my head around sx/sp and sp/sx differences.)

I think sx could work because of his obsession with Light, it's just completely excessive. Also the constant need for stimulation (eating sweets), along with his desire to be a hellbent detective, seem more sx than sp to me. Also, sx/sp descriptions fit him rather well from what I remember of them.

Then again, I'm still not all that sure on the instinctual varient myself.

Silveresque

Light is INTJ; he's more concerned with ideal version of how the world should be and focuses a lot on the forethough of anticipating L's moves and keeping one step ahead of them, which is an indication of Ni dominance. Also inferior Se makes sense in that whenever he becomes stressed he's far more likely to make risky and dangerous moves (killing Lind L Tailor, throwing a hissy fit when L discovers him, his psychotic behavior at the end of the series) that focus strictly on the present moment of the situation.

Agreed. :yes: Light is very INTJ, and L is the perfect example of INTP.