User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Light doesn't match either the grammatical version of extrovert nor the MBTI version of extravert in any real sense. The dude just learned some social skills, shocking! The assertive thing is just a natural INTJ tendency you don't notice
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    By this I surmise you mean you concluded he's an extrovert because he looks like an extrovert, which means he has a forceful personality and tremendous social skills. The problem is that introverts can fake all these traits, and INTJs very often do in order to manipulate other people.
    No it has nothing to with how he looks. I'm an extrovert but I look like introvert to people. I don't determine if a person is an extrovert unless I ask them- " do you need to recharge after hanging out with people." I would never do that.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

I agree, Light is an INTJ. He's always so in his head. It just looks like he is an extravert because Ryuk is around a lot and he has social skills.

Misa Amane always seemed like an ENFP to me. She's completely obsessed with Light and fell in love with him at first sight. Also, she's willing to do anything to preserve the possibility of a no holds barred relationship with him. Finally, she is consumed by her kooky romantic ideal that is completely one sided. I think an S might be a bit more uhh... realistic? But, she is in love so I'm not completely sure.
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
    Marilyn Monroe

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Misa Amane always seemed like an ENFP to me. She's completely obsessed with Light and fell in love with him at first sight. Also, she's willing to do anything to preserve the possibility of a no holds barred relationship with him. Finally, she is consumed by her kooky romantic ideal that is completely one sided. I think an S might be a bit more uhh... realistic? But, she is in love so I'm not completely sure.
    She dwells in the Sensing preference. The whole romantic ideal thing is simple. Parents get murdered. Murderer gets killed by Kira. Misa falls in love with kira. It is fueled by Fi not Ne therefore giving her the XXFP preferences. It does not point towards N. It is clear the information she gains is from her extraverted focus from what she experiences rather than what she ponders about, giving her the Se function of the SPs. Her Se appears before Fi therefore giving her the ESFP type.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Oh man- I love this show!
    Death Note is filled with NTs.

Light: INTJ (I can see some arguments for ENTJ but I think Light's just more Extraverted than characters like L & Near- he can act Extraverted to work on achieving his goals but he's more INTJ than ENTJ)
    L: INTP
    Near: INTP
    Mello: ENTJ (having an emotional streak isn't the same thing as being an F- most of the actions Mello undertook on the show indicate more T than F.)
    Ryuk: ENTP
    Misa: ESFP
    Mikami: ISTJ
    Sochiro: ISTJ
    Higuchi: ENTJ
    Matsuda: ENFP
    Takada: ENFP
    Aizawa: ESTJ
    Mogi: ISTJ

I'm pretty sure whoever created this show was an INTX of some sort, when I saw this show it reminded me of the "Ender's Game" series for some reason.
    Near- INTJ is fucking obvious. Yes, he's a puzzle-obsessed Architect like L is, but he's in no way, shape or form a Ti-Ne. His modus operandi was entirely rooted in the framework of predicting what Kira would do, often leeching off L's and Mello's deductions in the process -- as opposed to L who based his investigation on taking odd details of Kira's actions and environment and discerning their meaning (Ti).

Mello- very, very fucking obvious ENFP. Yes, it is perfectly possible for T types to be emotional, but it's rather unlikely for an ENTJ (Fi-inferior) to actually let himself be guided by his emotions, which Mello clearly is. His entire life was shaped by an angry outburst based on being creeped out by Near's apparent lack of emotion (highly unlikely for an F-inferior in the first place -- ENTJs are even more robotic than INTJs), and many of his decisions beyond that are based on emotion.

Further not only is his Fi stronger than inferior (which automatically makes it auxiliary given that he's clearly no introvert), but his foresight and predictions are not of an Ni nature -- they are not powerful visions of change, nor drive his behavior. They're possibilities he idly sifts through, takes note of, and then acts on basis of what he's feeling at the moment. Clear Ne-Fi behavior.

So in conclusion he could easily look like an ENTJ due to being a 3w4 with a very strong tertiary Te, and his Keirseyan role variant is indeed the Field marshal, but his functional order doesn't fit, and he's too emotional. He's obviously Ne Fi Te Si -- ENFP.

Ryuk as ENTP isn't a far stretch, but he seems to have a very strong Se, and his intuitive insight comes in the form of predictions, rather than theoretical possibilities of the inventive kind. Ni, or even possibly Se + Fe + Ni (given that they're all concerning light's actions), rather than Ne.

Takada, again, isn't a far stretch from ENFP (like Mello, she does fit that particular role variant), but she appears blatantly Fe-Ni rather than Ne-Fi. Her values focus is clearly external, based on the ideal of fixing the world rather than dispensing justice. ENFJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Likes xaviergx liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

On further reflection... I actually think Ryuk is introverted. He doesn't ever converse with anyone other than Light, and his Ni is too strong for inferior. An ESTP (let alone an I-dominant ESTP) would probably try to find out everything he could about everyone he could talk to, and an ENTP would devise clever ways to fuck with their heads for lulz -- which being a supernatural entity wasn't too difficult for him.

Ryuk- ISTP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    No it has nothing to with how he looks. I'm an extrovert but I look like introvert to people. I don't determine if a person is an extrovert unless I ask them- " do you need to recharge after hanging out with people." I would never do that.
    Then you wouldn't know if Light is E would you.

Most ENPs look like introverts to people, it's not just you. Ne is pretty picky about what kind of socialization it enjoys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Updated profiles (corrections in italics):

Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
    L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
    Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
    Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
    Ryuk- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
    Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUAN, Performer (Artisan)
    Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
    Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
    Takada- ENFJ, 1w2 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
    Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
    Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
    Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
    Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

I agree with you on Misa. I'm just saying my first impression was that she was an ENFP. Now, that I take a look at her character again I see what you mean.

On Ryuk being an ISTP: I find this interesting when comparing him to Cool Hand Luke. I believe that he is an ISTP also. I made this comparison because they both said something along the lines of doing things because they were bored.
    Stupid as a man, say the women: cowardly as a woman, say the men. Stupidity in a woman is unwomanly.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.
    Marilyn Monroe

The tongue like a sharp knife... Kills without drawing blood.
    Buddha

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    iNtx

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    Light with the Death Note is totally an entj. Without the Death Note he's an intj. You can't say Light has doesn't have two different personalities.

Misa- I'm just poking fun. I agree she's a 4w3. But I'm interested to know where you see Se dominant in her.

I'm not going to disagree or agree with you on Ryuk. I would have to do some more research on Se vs Ne.

Uhhhhh.. enTj vs. iNtj,
    enTj= TeNiSeFi, iNtj=NiTeFiSe
    He seems more consistently Ni dom. if you ask me, considering his actions are completely premeditated. He does not typically share his thought process.. So he may have an underdeveloped auxilliary, but I cannot see him as enTj at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: