• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
1w9. Light is an Idealist, not an Advocate in any sense of the word. a 1w2 could murder people in cold blood without feeling any kind of remorse or shame. 1w9s on the other hand are disconnected, idealistic and care more about the idea of justice than making the world a better place for people.

L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
clear Sp dom, but other than that, yup

Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
5w6 and So/Sp work better, you win :yes:
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mello is Sp last. I think he's Sx/So. intense, impulsive, self forgetting, sensual and charismatic

Ryuk- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
I'm leaning Sp/So, but other than that, yup :yes:

Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUAN, Performer (Artisan)
possibly. she could be disintegrated to 2

Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
3w2 Sp/Sx

Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
1w2 and 1w9 both seem to work, as for his instinct variant, I have no clue other than not So last

Takada- ENFJ, 1w2 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Takada is a clear Fi user and a clear introvert. she's either I?FP or INTJ
I lean 1w9, but 1w2 is possible for her
similarly, I lean Sx/Sp. her energy is not as outward as an Sx/So. if anything, I'm reconsidering Sp/Sx for her. she's very poised and controlled

Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
I typed him as 6w7, but I think 7w6 works better :yes:

Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
I think he's a 1w2, but 6w5 is possible. So/Sp actually makes more sense. he's too impulsive and visceral to be an Sp dom

Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Aizawa is an Fe user. I think he's an ESFJ. his emotions get the best of him if he doesn't exercise serious control over them. ESTJs are more emotionally stable

Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)
this works :yes:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1w9. Light is an Idealist, not an Advocate in any sense of the word. a 1w2 could murder people in cold blood without feeling any kind of remorse or shame. 1w9s on the other hand are disconnected, idealistic and care more about the idea of justice than making the world a better place for people.

I'd be wary of typing characters simply because of type names. His 1ness seems more tempered by universal humanitarian love more so than the placid inner calmness of 9 (although 1w9 is certainly possible).

Mello is Sp last. I think he's Sx/So. intense, impulsive, self forgetting, sensual and charismatic

Could be, actually now that I think of it, Sx/Sp could work as well.

possibly. she could be disintegrated to 2

Indeed, shes volatile and dramatic as hell, and her obsessiveness with Light definitely seems more like disintegration into 2.

3w2 Sp/Sx

He's more concerned with power more so than fame.

Takada is a clear Fi user and a clear introvert. she's either I?FP or INTJ
I lean 1w9, but 1w2 is possible for her
similarly, I lean Sx/Sp. her energy is not as outward as an Sx/So. if anything, I'm reconsidering Sp/Sx for her. she's very poised and controlled

I see more Fe manipulation than anything else. Not sure on the varient though, so I'll have to think about that.

I think he's a 1w2, but 6w5 is possible. So/Sp actually makes more sense. he's too impulsive and visceral to be an Sp dom

Indeed.

Aizawa is an Fe user. I think he's an ESFJ. his emotions get the best of him if he doesn't exercise serious control over them. ESTJs are more emotionally stable

Under a lot of stress, with inferior Fi, ExTJ's could easily become emotional and have trouble controlling their emotions (although the only emotional thing that he did was walk out of the task force because of L's mind games, and I imagine that many people would be tempted to do that).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be wary of typing characters simply because of type names. His 1ness seems more tempered by universal humanitarian love more so than the placid inner calmness of 9 (although 1w9 is certainly possible).
Light is completely devoid of love for anyone. he wants to make the world a more ideal place more than a better place for people, but the completely lacking love kinda rules out w2 :yes:

Could be, actually now that I think of it, Sx/Sp could work as well.
it's possible, but he seems clear Sp last to me

Indeed, shes volatile and dramatic as hell, and her obsessiveness with Light definitely seems more like disintegration into 2.
you win

no, he's more concerned with success, being impressive and having a trophy wife and high status, although I've changed my mind to 3w4

I see more Fe manipulation than anything else. Not sure on the varient though, so I'll have to think about that.
hardly. her values are more genuine, subtle and internally derived

:D

Under a lot of stress, with inferior Fi, ExTJ's could easily become emotional and have trouble controlling their emotions (although the only emotional thing that he did was walk out of the task force because of L's mind games, and I imagine that many people would be tempted to do that).
that's under extreme stress, not everyday at his job. his reactions to everything are angry and reactive. ESTJs don't talk with that much emotion in the voice. he's a lot like Boramir from Lord of the Rings

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I planned to just copy the list and place out random types just to mess with you guys, but then I realized I can't say: "Seriously, get a life." :b

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

looking at it again, you win. Higuchi had way too much sheer gut aggression and viciousness to be a 3. 8w7 Sx/Sp
PS: I still think Light is Sp/Sx. I mean just look at any picture of him. every time he gets the chance, his face morphs into an intense, seductive stare like a vampire
83181.jpg

Light-Takada--you-follow.jpg

Death%20Note%20-%20just%20as%20planned%20-%20light%20-%20kira.jpg

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
looking at it again, you win. Higuchi had way too much sheer gut aggression and viciousness to be a 3. 8w7 Sx/Sp
PS: I still think Light is Sp/Sx. I mean just look at any picture of him. every time he gets the chance, his face morphs into an intense, seductive stare like a vampire

In fairness, a lot of that is likely just stock anime villain look.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In fairness, a lot of that is likely just stock anime villain look.

I know, but the anime stock villain is a blatant Sp/Sx. there's too much implicit seductiveness for Light to be Sp/So. his idealism does not come from a notion of social responsibility (So), it comes from the fact that he is wrapped up in his own little idealistic perfect fantasy world like an Sp/Sx. Sp/So is more grounded and, though they might be ambitious and achievement driven, they are not grandiose, embellished and delusional like Light is. this is a social last thing

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
I am agree with you about Kira (INTJ), L (INTP), Near (INTJ) and Riuk (ISTP). Misa Amane is ESFP clearly, but i think that Rem is ISFP no INFP.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
Mind if I chip in? (By the way, thanks for your help with my instinct variant, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]!)
The way I see it, Light's Social variant is evident through his desire for status and power. In his idealistic little fantasy world, he practically plays God and sees himself as or some sort of protector/leader. Whether or not he's genuine about this "social responsibility" is besides the point. It's undeniable that his self-appointed position in relation to society is an important part of how he sees himself and why he does the things he does.
That's my interpretation anyway.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mind if I chip in? (By the way, thanks for your help with my instinct variant, [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]!)
The way I see it, Light's Social variant is evident through his desire for status and power. In his idealistic little fantasy world, he practically plays God and sees himself as or some sort of protector/leader. Whether or not he's genuine about this "social responsibility" is besides the point. It's undeniable that his self-appointed position in relation to society is an important part of how he sees himself and why he does the things he does.
That's my interpretation anyway.

honestly, I don't think Light gives a damn about society. he simply wants to enact a fantasy world in which he is a sort of god and does his bidding whenever he pleases.

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
honestly, I don't think Light gives a damn about society. he simply wants to enact a fantasy world in which he is a sort of god and does his bidding whenever he pleases.
But that is still part of the social variant, is it not? His desire to be a god has its root in his desire to have power over people/society. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that he cares or feels warm and fuzzy for humanity. Having a social instinct just means he feels strongly about his role in society.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But that is still part of the social variant, is it not? His desire to be a god has its root in his desire to have power over people/society. It doesn't necessarily have to mean that he cares or feels warm and fuzzy for humanity. Having a social instinct just means he feels strongly about his role in society.

perhaps. I still think he's Sp/Sx though

Vizzy

Enneagram
5w4
perhaps. I still think he's Sp/Sx though
Ah well, agree to disagree. :)

But you raised an interesting point that got me thinking. Perhaps many sp/so's or so-doms fantasize about being god/king-like...or at least some sort of high-ranking powerful executive. It's not the type of thing I'm interested in at all. As another sp/sx, are you?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah well, agree to disagree. :)
But you raised an interesting point that got me thinking. Perhaps many sp/so's or so-doms fantasize about being god/king-like...or at least some sort of high-ranking powerful executive. It's not the type of thing I'm interested in at all. As another sp/sx, are you?

I'm interested in being more like a duke or a baron. powerful, glamorous and respected, but out of the spotlight.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Care to explain to me why L is an INTP instead of an INTJ?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've changed my mind on a few of ther previous typings:

Light: INTJ LSI-ILE 1w2 > 5w6pr > 2w1 so/sx

L: INTP LII-IEE 5w4 > 4w5 > 8w9s sx/sp

Ryuk: ENTP SEI-SEE 7w8 > 8w9f > 4w5 sp/sx

Misa: ENFJ EIE-SLE 2w3 > 1w2 > p6w7 sx/so

Near: INTP LII-ILE 5w6p > 3w4 > 8w9s sp/so

Mello: ENFJ SEE-IEE 3w4 > cp6w7 > 8w7 sp/sx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've changed my mind on a few of ther previous typings:

Light: INTJ LSI-ILE 1w2 > 5w6pr > 2w1 so/sx

L: INTP LII-IEE 5w4 > 4w5 > 8w9s sx/sp

Ryuk: ENTP SEI-SEE 7w8 > 8w9f > 4w5 sp/sx

Misa: ENFJ EIE-SLE 2w3 > 1w2 > p6w7 sx/so

Near: INTP LII-ILE 5w6p > 3w4 > 8w9s sp/so

Mello: ENFJ SEE-IEE 3w4 > cp6w7 > 8w7 sp/sx

how did you get Mello as Sp first and Light as Sp last? also, I'm not sure how L is Sx

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
how did you get Mello as Sp first and Light as Sp last? also, I'm not sure how L is Sx

To be honest, I sorta just shamelessly copied this from someone else who's far more capable in the type system then I am.

Illmatic

L is like the most laid back care free person ever, he's definatly an INTP.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
L is the ultimate INTP stereotype.

Light is just generally the xNTJ stereotype.