• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Death Note

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Light doesn't match either the grammatical version of extrovert nor the MBTI version of extravert in any real sense. The dude just learned some social skills, shocking! The assertive thing is just a natural INTJ tendency you don't notice

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
By this I surmise you mean you concluded he's an extrovert because he looks like an extrovert, which means he has a forceful personality and tremendous social skills. The problem is that introverts can fake all these traits, and INTJs very often do in order to manipulate other people.

No it has nothing to with how he looks. I'm an extrovert but I look like introvert to people. I don't determine if a person is an extrovert unless I ask them- " do you need to recharge after hanging out with people." I would never do that.

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree, Light is an INTJ. He's always so in his head. It just looks like he is an extravert because Ryuk is around a lot and he has social skills.

Misa Amane always seemed like an ENFP to me. She's completely obsessed with Light and fell in love with him at first sight. Also, she's willing to do anything to preserve the possibility of a no holds barred relationship with him. Finally, she is consumed by her kooky romantic ideal that is completely one sided. I think an S might be a bit more uhh... realistic? But, she is in love so I'm not completely sure.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Misa Amane always seemed like an ENFP to me. She's completely obsessed with Light and fell in love with him at first sight. Also, she's willing to do anything to preserve the possibility of a no holds barred relationship with him. Finally, she is consumed by her kooky romantic ideal that is completely one sided. I think an S might be a bit more uhh... realistic? But, she is in love so I'm not completely sure.
She dwells in the Sensing preference. The whole romantic ideal thing is simple. Parents get murdered. Murderer gets killed by Kira. Misa falls in love with kira. It is fueled by Fi not Ne therefore giving her the XXFP preferences. It does not point towards N. It is clear the information she gains is from her extraverted focus from what she experiences rather than what she ponders about, giving her the Se function of the SPs. Her Se appears before Fi therefore giving her the ESFP type.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh man- I love this show!
Death Note is filled with NTs.

Light: INTJ (I can see some arguments for ENTJ but I think Light's just more Extraverted than characters like L & Near- he can act Extraverted to work on achieving his goals but he's more INTJ than ENTJ)
L: INTP
Near: INTP
Mello: ENTJ (having an emotional streak isn't the same thing as being an F- most of the actions Mello undertook on the show indicate more T than F.)
Ryuk: ENTP
Misa: ESFP
Mikami: ISTJ
Sochiro: ISTJ
Higuchi: ENTJ
Matsuda: ENFP
Takada: ENFP
Aizawa: ESTJ
Mogi: ISTJ

I'm pretty sure whoever created this show was an INTX of some sort, when I saw this show it reminded me of the "Ender's Game" series for some reason.
Near- INTJ is fucking obvious. Yes, he's a puzzle-obsessed Architect like L is, but he's in no way, shape or form a Ti-Ne. His modus operandi was entirely rooted in the framework of predicting what Kira would do, often leeching off L's and Mello's deductions in the process -- as opposed to L who based his investigation on taking odd details of Kira's actions and environment and discerning their meaning (Ti).

Mello- very, very fucking obvious ENFP. Yes, it is perfectly possible for T types to be emotional, but it's rather unlikely for an ENTJ (Fi-inferior) to actually let himself be guided by his emotions, which Mello clearly is. His entire life was shaped by an angry outburst based on being creeped out by Near's apparent lack of emotion (highly unlikely for an F-inferior in the first place -- ENTJs are even more robotic than INTJs), and many of his decisions beyond that are based on emotion.

Further not only is his Fi stronger than inferior (which automatically makes it auxiliary given that he's clearly no introvert), but his foresight and predictions are not of an Ni nature -- they are not powerful visions of change, nor drive his behavior. They're possibilities he idly sifts through, takes note of, and then acts on basis of what he's feeling at the moment. Clear Ne-Fi behavior.

So in conclusion he could easily look like an ENTJ due to being a 3w4 with a very strong tertiary Te, and his Keirseyan role variant is indeed the Field marshal, but his functional order doesn't fit, and he's too emotional. He's obviously Ne Fi Te Si -- ENFP.

Ryuk as ENTP isn't a far stretch, but he seems to have a very strong Se, and his intuitive insight comes in the form of predictions, rather than theoretical possibilities of the inventive kind. Ni, or even possibly Se + Fe + Ni (given that they're all concerning light's actions), rather than Ne.

Takada, again, isn't a far stretch from ENFP (like Mello, she does fit that particular role variant), but she appears blatantly Fe-Ni rather than Ne-Fi. Her values focus is clearly external, based on the ideal of fixing the world rather than dispensing justice. ENFJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On further reflection... I actually think Ryuk is introverted. He doesn't ever converse with anyone other than Light, and his Ni is too strong for inferior. An ESTP (let alone an I-dominant ESTP) would probably try to find out everything he could about everyone he could talk to, and an ENTP would devise clever ways to fuck with their heads for lulz -- which being a supernatural entity wasn't too difficult for him. :devil:

Ryuk- ISTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No it has nothing to with how he looks. I'm an extrovert but I look like introvert to people. I don't determine if a person is an extrovert unless I ask them- " do you need to recharge after hanging out with people." I would never do that.
Then you wouldn't know if Light is E would you. ;)

Most ENPs look like introverts to people, it's not just you. Ne is pretty picky about what kind of socialization it enjoys.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Updated profiles (corrections in italics):

Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Ryuk- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUAN, Performer (Artisan)
Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
Takada- ENFJ, 1w2 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree with you on Misa. I'm just saying my first impression was that she was an ENFP. Now, that I take a look at her character again I see what you mean.

On Ryuk being an ISTP: I find this interesting when comparing him to Cool Hand Luke. I believe that he is an ISTP also. I made this comparison because they both said something along the lines of doing things because they were bored.

himynameisdead

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
9w8
Light with the Death Note is totally an entj. Without the Death Note he's an intj. You can't say Light has doesn't have two different personalities.

Misa- I'm just poking fun. I agree she's a 4w3. But I'm interested to know where you see Se dominant in her.

I'm not going to disagree or agree with you on Ryuk. I would have to do some more research on Se vs Ne.

Uhhhhh.. enTj vs. iNtj,
enTj= TeNiSeFi, iNtj=NiTeFiSe
He seems more consistently Ni dom. if you ask me, considering his actions are completely premeditated. He does not typically share his thought process.. So he may have an underdeveloped auxilliary, but I cannot see him as enTj at all.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Uhhhhh.. enTj vs. iNtj,
enTj= TeNiSeFi, iNtj=NiTeFiSi
He seems more consistently Ni dom. if you ask me, considering his actions are completely premeditated. He does not typically share his thought process.. So he may have an underdeveloped auxilliary, but I cannot see him as enTj at all.

ok :)

cfs1992

And, which are your thoughts about Rem? INFP? ISFJ? I can see more ISFJ... Lots of Fe, to the point of sacrifice herself to save Misa.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFJ is probably right, yeah. She sacrificed herself for Misa because she loved Misa though -- not necessarily an Fe thing.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Aleksei
Light- INTJ, 1w2 sp/so, R|L|OEI, Mastermind (Rational)
L- INTP, 5w4 sx/sp, RLUE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Near- INTJ, 5w6 so/sp, RCOE|I|, Architect (Rational)
Mello- ENFP, 3w4 sp/sx, S|L|UEI, Field Marshal (Rational)
Ryuk- ISTP, 7w8 sp/sx, SLUA|I|, Inventor (Rational)
Misa- ESFP, 4w3 sx/so, |S|LUAN, Performer (Artisan)
Higuchi- ENTJ, 8w7 sp/sx, SCO|E|I, Field Marshal (Rational)
Mikami- ISTJ, 1w2 so/sp, R|L|OAN, Inspector (Guardian)
Takada- ENFJ, 1w2 sx/so, SCO|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Matsuda- ENFP, 7w6 so/sx, SLU|A|I, Champion (Idyllic)
Soichiro Yagami- ISTJ, 6w5 so/sp, RC|O|AI, Inspector (Guardian)
Aizawa- ESTJ, 6w5 sp/so, SLO|A|I, Administrator (Guardian)
Mogi- ISTJ, 2w1 so/sp, |R|COAN, Inspector (Guardian)

I agree with most of this, but what is your reason for concluding that both Light and L are limbic as opposed to calm?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with most of this, but what is your reason for concluding that both Light and L are limbic as opposed to calm?
They're both prone to savage emotional outbursts -- Light much moreso than L (Light is actually primary Limbic -- the guy is a raging emotional animal hiding under a calm exterior mask; typical of INTJs), but L isn't exactly immune to them.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
L is calm as hell(as in emotionally stable), how is he limbic, he's practically a robot, a very neutral unemotional character. I can see how Light can seen as limbic though.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
L is calm as hell(as in emotionally stable), how is he limbic, he's practically a robot, a very neutral unemotional character. I can see how Light can seen as limbic though.
He's calm most of the time, but falling back on your chair waving your hands wildly and screaming "AAAAAAAAH" upon learning of the existence of shinigami is not a sign of Calmness. :jew:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He's calm most of the time, but falling back on your chair waving your hands wildly and screaming "AAAAAAAAH" upon learning of the existence of shinigami is not a sign of Calmness. :jew:

I don't get it, he shows a semblance of emotion(shock), so he's labeled emotionally unstable(that info would scare the hell out of most people, calm or neurotic). You just said he's calm MOST of the time, you picked one specific instance where he loses his cool, I don't think it is that black or white, either or. L is just not very neurotic, everybody has emotions including emotionally stable people, are very calm people not supposed to get scared, angry, or sad, it's the frenquency of negative emotions that determines the scale of neuroticism. L's mood is neutral most of the time, limbic or neurotic people are highly emotionally reactive, L rarely experiences very intense negative(or positive) emotions.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't get it, he shows a semblance of emotion(shock), so he's labeled emotionally unstable(that info would scare the hell out of most people, calm or neurotic). You just said he's calm MOST of the time, you picked one specific instance where he loses his cool, I don't think it is that black or white, either or. L is just not very neurotic, everybody has emotions including emotionally stable people, are very calm people not supposed to get scared, angry, or sad, it's the frenquency of negative emotions that determines the scale of neuroticism. L's mood is neutral most of the time, limbic or neurotic people are highly emotionally reactive, L rarely experiences very intense negative(or positive) emotions.
This is actually false. L is a very depressed individual hiding behind a mask of absolute calm, as evidenced by his speech at Wammy's house. Not Limbic in the sense Light or Mikami are (psychotic), but Limbic nonetheless. And while indeed anyone would freak out in that situation, his reaction was still far beyond reasonable.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is actually false. L is a very depressed individual hiding behind a mask of absolute calm, as evidenced by his speech at Wammy's house. Not Limbic in the sense Light or Mikami are (psychotic), but Limbic nonetheless. And while indeed anyone would freak out in that situation, his reaction was still far beyond reasonable.

Okay, that little speech he did was not really indicative of him being "very depressed", I will admit he does get kind of down when sensing Light is Kira but not being able to prove it, but still it is the frequency and intensity of negative emotions that determines neuroticism, L's mood from what I saw from the show seemed very neutral and detached, in fact, L's(and Near's) cool calm mood was a nice contrast to the burning deep passion of Light. The frequency and intensity of L's negative emotions is just far too low to consider him very depressed or highly emotionally reactive. L in fact is very confident(but Near is way more), some people may get the impression that he looks depressed(he's just weird and creepy looking), but to me he shows little signs of being depressed all the time.