• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Scooby Doo!

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here are my suggestions for the types of Scoob and the gang:

daphne: esfj
velma: istj
fred: estj
shaggy: esfp
scooby: esfp

shaggy and scooby are "two peas in a pod" according to the creators, so the same type does make sense...

also the three j characters were the sceptical (Judging) ones, with shag n scoob the more percieving types

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are my suggestions for the types of Scoob and the gang:

daphne: esfj
velma: istj
fred: estj
shaggy: esfp
scooby: esfp

shaggy and scooby are "two peas in a pod" according to the creators, so the same type does make sense...

also the three j characters were the sceptical (Judging) ones, with shag n scoob the more percieving types

So why is Daphne a J?

ESFJ would make her Fe dominant, but ESFJs are fairly dominating in their approach to people. (They even are stereotyped as "bossy," which isn't necessarily fair but does show the tendency towards active involvement in the business of others.)

Daphne is not like this; she prefers to sit back and float and let Fred be in charge, and she is purely reactive to his leadership, if she engages at all.

IOW, she behaves far more like a low-key extroverted P type OR an introverted J type (ISJF), rather than an extroverted J. I would guess the latter.

Shag and Scoob are probably SFP types. The E for Shaggy is arguable due to just how laid-back he is (it's more of a friendly ISFP feel than the sort of E where all the energy is externalized).

Fred could be ESTJ. It's just hard to tell; usually ESTJs are wielding Te more strongly. Fred is definitely "in charge" but is fairly low-key about it, whereas ESTJs are usually much more overt. Perhaps if the gang were to challenge him more rather than just doing what he wanted, we'd get to see how J he really is. he doesn't seem to really question his own role or choices in the group at all...

Velma could be ISTJ. The IT for sure.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
The N-less gang. Anyone bummed out by there being too many N fictional characters, this show is for you.

Daphne. Her passiveness and seeming lack of presence likely puts her at 9 on the Enneagram, and most 9’s are ISFPs or INFPs. I’ll go with ISFP for her, though she may be one of the untypables.

Velma ISTJ.

Fred ESTJ.

Shaggy and Scoob. ISFP. ISFP Hurley from “Lost” would definitely find a niche with this pair, though he’d have serious trouble keeping up on foot in a crisis.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So why is Daphne a J?

ESFJ would make her Fe dominant, but ESFJs are fairly dominating in their approach to people. (They even are stereotyped as "bossy," which isn't necessarily fair but does show the tendency towards active involvement in the business of others.)

Daphne is not like this; she prefers to sit back and float and let Fred be in charge, and she is purely reactive to his leadership, if she engages at all.

IOW, she behaves far more like a low-key extroverted P type OR an introverted J type (ISJF), rather than an extroverted J. I would guess the latter.

Shag and Scoob are probably SFP types. The E for Shaggy is arguable due to just how laid-back he is (it's more of a friendly ISFP feel than the sort of E where all the energy is externalized).

Fred could be ESTJ. It's just hard to tell; usually ESTJs are wielding Te more strongly. Fred is definitely "in charge" but is fairly low-key about it, whereas ESTJs are usually much more overt. Perhaps if the gang were to challenge him more rather than just doing what he wanted, we'd get to see how J he really is. he doesn't seem to really question his own role or choices in the group at all...

ok... i take your point on daphne isfj i think or perhaps esfp

freddy was probably the most 2D and underexplored character of the gang, making him hard to type, but he seems such an organiser of the gang that i feel that he must be a j. Also, his highly sceptical approach to mysteries seem more typical of a j than a p imho...

velma was very much about the concrete and pure facts, she was never theoretical as a iNtuitive might be...

shaggy seems to externalise all of his feelings imo, and he is never alone; therefore I tend towards seeing him as an ESFP...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Rooby Roo!!?? Loved that show as a kid!

I don't see ESFP for Daphne, I'm going for ESFJ. Not all Fe dominant types are uber-aggressive like the Te dominant ones.

Not always- especially if the ESFJ thinks its her duty to let someone else do the bossing.

I agree with the OP on all of them, except I will say that Daphne might be ISFJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So why is Daphne a J?

Wow, missed this one.
Been trying to figure exactly which temperament combinations for the longest. And one problem is that the characters have changed a bit over the years, due to either the voice actors changing, or sometimes other circumstances.

I would say it is overall a very "Phlegmatic" gang.
Shaggy has remained pretty constant throughout, and since he is the most Phlegmatic (that whole "like cool, man" beatnik dude attitude), that suggests Behind the Scenes, or ISF/INP. I guess everyone is giving him the SP (Se preference) because of his liking of food? I'm not sure of that. Even though they do often end up on all sorts of physical activities and adventures (ski jumps, etc), he doesn't particularly like it. Since I hold NF to be the conative version of Phlegmatic (In reverse of how Keisey lines NT and NF up with the Hippocratic temperaments), and he seems all around Phlegmatic, (easygoing, just wishes he could cool out womewhere) he seems INFP to me.

Freddy is what we would call a Phlegmatic Choleric in social skills. This would lie between In Charge and Chart the Course, so basically an Ambiverted ST or NJ. The SJ sounds like it will fit, so basically, ASTJ, or ESTJ being the closest fit, yet more "low key" about it, and in some respectslike an ISTJ.
That's the original Freddy. Now, they have changed him a great bit, and he is often dopey at times, and more vain. (this is a holdover from the "Pup Named Scooby" spoof series, which is so out of character for all but Shaggy and Scooby I won't go into that either). I won't even waste time trying to figure out the type for this.

Velma did strike me as extraverted earlier on, and was basically directing, but did have an informing streak in there. So somewhere between In Charge and Get Things Going. Perhaps a hybrid between Sanguine and Choleric called Choleric Phlegmatic. Seems to have a Melancholic streak as well, but I guess that's because of the intellectualness. Seems very T with all the technical knowledge, but she reminded me of a friend and other TV character who are apparently ENFP. Te would then be relief. But then a lot of times, she seems more Ti-like.
After four seasons, the voice changed, and then she became completely directive,and had less of that extraverted flair. So now, something like an ISTJ seems more likely. With all the other voices afterwards, she pretty much was the same way.

Daphne seemed very introverted and informing in the beginning; the perennial dame in distress. I don't really get any S (concrete) vibes from her, so she seemed INFP, albeit a more traditionally "female" version in contrast to Shaggy. A new voice took over the second season, and the personality was similar, but had more of a wit at times. She at times seems Chart the Course or Melancholy then. INFJ, maybe? (And I believe always following her "intuition"!)
In the 80's, they had dropped Freddy and the Girls for a few years, but then Daphne came back by herself for three seasons. She now basically filled in for the other two, which meant becoming much smarter, finding the clues andsolving the case even, and no longer the dangerprone ditz. She was also more outgoing, to the point of possibly being E. Not too sure of the type there.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i have a hard time believing that shaggy and scoob are introverts. they talk a lot and they talk to anyone. sounds pretty extroverted to me. esfp sounds right. i wondered if they may be enfp but they're too into the physical pursuits (eating!) for that to happen.

fuck we're geeks :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Talk to anyone? I'll have to remember that. With each other, and the other members of the group, they will talk a lot, but they can still be introverts. I would think their fearfulness seems rather introverted, though more in the popular sense and not necessarily the cognitive definition.

I like food and even seeing things (colors, lights, etc), and I'm definitly still an N. With Ne, you still like to see, taste, touch, etc. but there's more to it than just the concrete experience.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Talk to anyone? I'll have to remember that. With each other, and the other members of the group, they will talk a lot, but they can still be introverts. I would think their fearfulness seems rather introverted, though more in the popular sense and not necessarily the cognitive definition.

I like food and even seeing things (colors, lights, etc), and I'm definitly still an N. With Ne, you still like to see, taste, touch, etc. but there's more to it than just the concrete experience.

i don't think fear is an I/E thing. social awkwardness maybe but not fear of murderers or ghosts etc. hey, i love food too, but it's not necessarily my number one pursuit. it is for shaggy and scooby.