• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dead Like Me characters

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
George Lass INFP 4 Enneagram
Rube ESTJ
Mason ENFP
Roxy ISTJ
Daisy Adair ENTP 3E
Joy Lass ISTJ 1E
Reggie Lass INTJ 5E

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Agree:
George - INFP
Mason - ENFP
Roxy - ISTJ

Disagree:
Rube - I can't see him being Te-dominant, but I see your reasoning. I was thinking EXTP.
Daisy - ESTP
Joy Lass - ESFJ. She comes across as very Fe-dominant to me.
Reggie Lass - INTP

Unmentioned:
Clancy Lass - ENFP
Betty - ESFP
Delores - ESFJ

My knowledge of Enneagram is a lot less than my knowledge of MBTI, so I'm not going to address those.

spartan26

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not so good at typing. Loved the show. Daisy I would've thought to be ESFJ. Mason seems like an SP to me. Rube is an I -- J. Delores IxTJ. I'd co-sign George as INFP

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I would have put Mason as an SP, too.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Dolores ESFJ. Agreed. How could I leave out Delores??

Daisy ESTP? Disagree. She was always scheming and focused on big ideas and possibilities, very likely Ne dominant.

Rube was clearly a J, and he seemed very Te dominant; remember how impatient he was with anyone’s BS that upset his tightly run ship (Te order)?

Joy Lass struck me as very ISTJ: uptight, intense, order fanatic, and not likely an extravert. Plus ISTJ Roxy reminded George of her mom.

Mason SP? Can’t totally rule it out, though he was pretty spacey; seemed more N than S to me.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Daisy was hard for me to type. I'd at first pegged her as an ESFJ, but I can't imagine her being Fe dominant. Then I put ESFP, but after seeing your type I can see where she might also be using Ti. I get the ideas and possibilities thing, but she always seemed too materialistic to be N-dominant to me.

For Rube, punctuality is definitely his thing and he does like closure, but I saw more Ti than Te. I can see him as an IXTJ actually, thinking about it more.

Joy, not likely an extrovert, agreed, though not really that introverted either. At least not to me. She seems to outwardly emotional to have tertiary Fi though. I can see ISFJ, but not really ISTJ. I pegged her initially as an extrovert because she was always so opposed to Reggie never having any friends and living in her head all the time, which for an introvert seemed odd to me.

I can see Mason as an SP, and he always came across that way to me, except when he was trying to explain himself for things. While not that convincing, his excuses were always very imaginative to me. Plus he idealizes the girls he likes (Daisy, Charlotte), to the point where I can pin the image of a wounded idealist on him.

As an afterthought, does anyone else find it amusing that Betty was doing a temperament test on Mason, and then consequently a dead guy, early on in the show?

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
As an afterthought, does anyone else find it amusing that Betty was doing a temperament test on Mason, and then consequently a dead guy, early on in the show?

Yeah, I'm agog that noone has mentioned it yet. And didn't she conclude from that test that Mason was an NF "like me"? Been a while since I've seen it, and Mason seemed to be somewhat tailoring his responses to suit what he thought Betty would want to hear. Funny also that Betty was of the opinion that "NTs are the worst."

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
I can see Mason as a romantic NF, though the fact that he was rarely sober does make it harder to get a fix on his type. At least there can’t be any doubt that he was P, can there?

Yeah, that scene with Betty giving Mason the type test. Didn’t he come out as NF?, not that they were taking it that seriously. Don’t remember the dead guy part.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I'm agog that noone has mentioned it yet. And didn't she conclude from that test that Mason was an NF "like me"? Been a while since I've seen it, and Mason seemed to be somewhat tailoring his responses to suit what he thought Betty would want to hear. Funny also that Betty was of the opinion that "NTs are the worst."
Yeah, especially that whole bit with the tree/forest thing. And yeah, I think she concluded that from her opinion that the shooter was an NT. She'd probably have a better opinion if she'd met one of us well-adjusted NTs.

@nightwatcher: That was my issue too. I based my guess off the way he acts around the women he likes because he seems to be more clear-headed when the subject's around them.

The dead guy scene was after Mason had run off, and his soul was standing by the car. Betty asked him something about airplanes, I think.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Anyone remember the skateboard/kid reaper who reaped pets, including Reggie's dog when he gets hit by a car? ISTP?

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, seems about right. Unfortunately the series got cancelled before he could be explored as a character more.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hm, anyone want to attempt Crystal? My typing skills aren't good enough to determine hers myself.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hm, perhaps. I had never really invisioned her as a feeler, though it's equally difficult to imagine her as a thinker. Perhaps it's because we mostly just get flashes of her eyes when she's displayed in the show.