• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Buffy characters

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Buffy ISFP
Angel ISFJ
Willow XNFP (she actually seems like a combo of 2 types, an INTJ geek with an NFP personality)
Xander ENFJ
Rupert Giles INTJ
Spike ENTP
Faith ESTP
Dawn ENFJ
Cordelia ESTJ
Oz INTP
Anya ISTJ
Wesley Wyndam-Price INTJ

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Disagree:
Buffy: ESFp- Not introverted much- Her history of trying to fit in and be a normal teenage girl, I'd say J, but I suppose her leadership comes from necessity, and she is in general rather flexible in her approach.

Willow: INFp (Nothing about Willow says T. F's can be nerds too!) I'm waffling between P and J. I think at the beginning of ther series she was definitely more perfectionistic, hmmm.
Tara: IsFJ?

Xander: ENXP An awkward jokester. Definitely not Fe- unaware of people's feelings a lot

Spike: ISFP wants to live life to the fullest, but has a sentimental streak

Anya: ESTJ Practical, and completely tactless. Kind of a more extreme/less antagonistic replacement for Cordelia at times.

Agree:

Faith: ESTP
Cordelia: ESTJ Driven to be queen bee
Oz: INTP Laidback- especially hilarious during the mind-reading episode ('I am my thoughts. If they exist in her, Buffy contains everything that is me and she becomes me. I cease to exist.' "Huh")
Wesley: INTJ (though maybe seems more ISTJ on Buffy)

Have no clear idea:
Dawn
Angel (Angelus: ENTJ, Liam: ES??)
Rupert Giles: fairly rebellious at some point in his youth. Practical minded, yet somewhat into following tradition... IXTJ?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Willow: XNFJ. Clearly J to me, and she has a Ni vibe.
Buffy: ESFP. I clearly feel she is P.
Xander: ESTP
Anya: ESTJ
Spike: As a human I guess he was kind of INFP. Not sure about him as a vampire.
Oz: INTP seems perfect indeed.
Faith: ESTP seems again perfect.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Disagree:
Buffy: ESFp- Not introverted much- Her history of trying to fit in and be a normal teenage girl, I'd say J, but I suppose her leadership comes from necessity, and she is in general rather flexible in her approach.

I disagree. I think she's an ISFP.

Willow: INFp (Nothing about Willow says T. F's can be nerds too!) I'm waffling between P and J. I think at the beginning of ther series she was definitely more perfectionistic, hmmm.

Yes, INFP sounds about right. Willow, rules? No.

Tara: IsFJ?

Hmm. Hard to say.

Xander: ENXP An awkward jokester. Definitely not Fe- unaware of people's feelings a lot

Xander? ENTP. Totally.

Spike: ISFP wants to live life to the fullest, but has a sentimental streak

ISFP? You think? Hmm. Maybe.

Anya: ESTJ Practical, and completely tactless. Kind of a more extreme/less antagonistic replacement for Cordelia at times.

Yeah, that sounds about right. Definitely SJ anyway.

Agree:

Faith: ESTP
Cordelia: ESTJ Driven to be queen bee
Oz: INTP Laidback- especially hilarious during the mind-reading episode ('I am my thoughts. If they exist in her, Buffy contains everything that is me and she becomes me. I cease to exist.' "Huh")
Wesley: INTJ (though maybe seems more ISTJ on Buffy)

Sure. I just want to also add that I'd type Rupert Giles as INTJ. The fact that he was a rebellious bad-ass in his earlier life doesn't strike me as against type. I went through that kind of period myself as an INTP, so I don't see why an INTJ couldn't be similarly wild for a while.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Buffy ISFP
Angel INFJ
Willow INFP
Xander ESFP
Rupert Giles INTJ
Spike ENTP
Faith ESTP
Dawn INFJ
Cordelia ESTJ
Oz INTP
Anya ISTJ
Wesley Wyndam-Price INTJ
Joyce: ENFP
Drusilla: ENFJ
Riley: ISFJ

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's been a looong time since I've seen the series, and I only saw the first 3-4 seasons of Buffy and the first 1-2 seasons of Angel.

My guesses anyway:

Buffy: ESFP - athletic, social, wants to be normal, a bit ditzy and definitely not academic
Xander: ENFP - awkward, geeky, makes a lot of social blunders by opening his mouth, romantic.
Willow: INFP - she's very spacey, artsy/emo, intelligent, and in her own little world
Cordelia: ESTJ - gives off the ice queen vibe, popular, blunt, detail oriented and picky
Angel: It's too hard to MBTI a 200 year old vampire ;) Definitely xxFx though.
Giles: IxTJ, I'd have to watch again to guess S or N

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would say that Dark Willow is a classic example of a Darkside INFP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ
Anya
Kendra
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce

ESTJ
Cordelia
Principal Snyder
Liam

ISFJ
Tara
Riley
Jonathan

ESFJ
Joyce
Harmony
Principal Flutty

ISTP
Jenny Calendar

ESTP
Spike
Faith

ISFP
Buffy

ESFP
Glory

INFJ
Angel

ENFJ
Dawn
Drusilla
Mayor Wilkins

INFP
Willow

ENFP
Kennedy

INTJ
Gilles

ENTJ
Angelus
Adam
Maggie Walsh
Ethan Rayne

INTP
Oz

ENTP
Xander
Mr.Trick

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New version.

ISTJ
Anya
Kendra
Nikki Wood

ESTJ
Cordelia
Principal Snyder

ISFJ
Angel
Riley
Jonathan

ESFJ
Joyce
Harmony
Principal Flutty

ISTP
Darla
Jenny Calendar
The First

ESTP
Spike
Faith
Kennedy
Liam

ISFP
Dawn

ESFP
Buffy
Glory

INFJ
Tara
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
The Master

ENFJ
Mayor Wilkins

INFP
Willow

ENFP
Drusilla

INTJ
Gilles

ENTJ
Angelus
Adam
Maggie Walsh
Ethan Rayne

INTP
Oz

ENTP
Xander
Mr.Trick

Last edited:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

Seems decent, though I have a few disagreements:

- Ethan Rayne: he seems more like an ENTP with the way he tends to like to screw around, and I can't really see Te in him. Not really geared toward considering the consequences of his actions either.

- Drusilla: doesn't really have the bubbly nature of an ENFP, nor does she seem to get bored of her surroundings that easily. Her N seems more Ni-ish than Ne-ish. I'd say INFJ for her. To be fair, though, she is crazy, and therefore kind of finicky to type.

- Wesley: I don't know if you've seen Angel, but his thinking seems more Te than Fe to me. The majority of the time, his decisions are based on the logic of the case rather than the opinions of the people around him. The reason I mention Angel is that his decision near the end of season 3 is very illustrative of this. He seems to appear more INFJish, though his behaviour doesn't seem to match.

- Spike: xSFP. I lean I, but I could see E as well. What he does is always somehow related to the women he's in love with. Leads strongly with his heart. I don't really see much Ti in him, and he doesn't really fit the ESTPs in-charge nature.

- Not really a disagreement, but I was curious about your reasoning for the I/E orientation of Joyce and Anya. I could lean either way, I'm just curious about your opinion.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems decent, though I have a few disagreements:

- Ethan Rayne: he seems more like an ENTP with the way he tends to like to screw around, and I can't really see Te in him. Not really geared toward considering the consequences of his actions either.

Ethan Rayne seems to prefer follow a straight line or reasoning rather than keep all options opened.
And he looks so like Arnold Shwarzenegger that I can't prevent me to type him as ENTJ.:D

- Drusilla: doesn't really have the bubbly nature of an ENFP,

Maybe you've that feeling because she's ill a part of the time in the series. EP types are often seen as the most bubbly, but ENxP are loner sometimes and ENFP are sometimes melancholic, do you know the french singer Edith Piaf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_piaf)? Elsewhere, Drusilla have a bubbly nature, she's very versatile in love, assertive and seeking mystical stimulation in the outter world.

nor does she seem to get bored of her surroundings that easily.
Yes, but I think she has more Si in inferior than Se, she trusts her instincts and is absolutely not a woman of project.

Her N seems more Ni-ish than Ne-ish.
We can tell that she've a high N, so she can have good Ni too.

To be fair, though, she is crazy, and therefore kind of finicky to type.

She's crasy and she's ENFP, that's totally coherent.:D

- Wesley: I don't know if you've seen Angel,
Eh! Justly, I've just began to watch the Angel's episodes yesterday, I've watch the two first so there was not Wesley yet

but his thinking seems more Te than Fe to me. The majority of the time, his decisions are based on the logic of the case rather than the opinions of the people around him.
He was ever like this in BTVS. I suppose that INFJs think for the long term and the big picture and for the interest of the group in general and so, prefer to ignore the punctuals needs of individuals persons. Remember that INFJs are usually seen as the most rationals of all the NFs. I'm sure he's an Ni dom and has Se in inferior, in BTVS the humor about him is about his lack of sensuality and practical sense, but he's too emotive to be an INTJ, so...

- Spike: xSFP. I lean I, but I could see E as well. What he does is always somehow related to the women he's in love with. Leads strongly with his heart. I don't really see much Ti in him, and he doesn't really fit the ESTPs in-charge nature.

There's a very good article about Spike in Wikipedia, I call you to read the part about his personality:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

The traits I retain for him are:
-Very physical person, a doer who live the life to the fullest
-Like challenges, especially physicals challenges (including, to slay slayers)
-Cocky and funny , witty, clever and fun with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, loves practical jokes
-Very high analytical skills and aptitude to understand complex systems and relationships, uses this as leverage for efficiency and manipulation of peoples, but sometime too impatient and acts without reflect enough to avoid some errors
-A in-charge person who's likely to lead peoples in a crisis, he've a very high P side though, wich tempered his in-charge side and strengthens his go-with-the-flow side
-Live in the present and doesn't want to take confining commitments, prefer to keep every options openend and his freedom, his independence and his spontaneity rather than work for stupids visions of transformation (like "give hell on Earth")
-Does'nt respect any rules but his own, act faithfully according to his own principles
-Likes to tell truthfull speechs, especially when the truth hurts
-Likes the fine sensors pleasures of the life like cigarettes, bear or chocolate, popular culture like Star Wars, Charlie Brown and Soap Opera like Passions and, of course, punk bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones
-Has a lust for violence, seeing it as therapeutic, doesn't caring about who's fighting with, just love the fight without values judgments
-Acts according to his own interests above all, but is faithfull for women he loves (like Dru or Buffy) or for the ones he has a deep affection (like Dawn who's taken by Spike as a "little sister", or Joyce who has always be kind with him and never treat him like a monster), is very obssesed by the ones he loves, but less trust his capacities for flirt than his strength and his analytical skills to own success, like in any situations
-Is almost the opposite of Angel

So, my guess is: ESTP

- Not really a disagreement, but I was curious about your reasoning for the I/E orientation of Joyce and Anya. I could lean either way, I'm just curious about your opinion.

Anya seems not to be in-charge, when she can't persuade others peoples to follow her, she seems to find easier to act alone rather than make more efforts of persuasion.

Joyce seems to have Ti in inferior, sometimes, it seems to be impossible to reason her in anyway.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New version.

ISTJ
Anya
Kendra
Nikki Wood

ESTJ
Cordelia
Principal Snyder

ISFJ
Riley
Jonathan

ESFJ
Joyce
Harmony
Glory
Principal Flutty

ISTP
Angel alias Liam, alias Angelus
Darla
Jenny Calendar
The First

ESTP
Spike
Faith
Kennedy

ISFP
Dawn

ESFP
Buffy

INFJ
Tara
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
The Master

ENFJ
Mayor Wilkins

INFP
Willow

ENFP
Drusilla

INTJ
Gilles

ENTJ
Adam
Maggie Walsh

INTP
Oz

ENTP
Xander
Ethan Rayne
Mr.Trick

Last edited:

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sorry, I completely missed your earlier reply.

Ethan Rayne seems to prefer follow a straight line or reasoning rather than keep all options opened.
And he looks so like Arnold Shwarzenegger that I can't prevent me to type him as ENTJ.:D
Hm. Can't really see it. He stirs the pot for the sake of it rather than to actually accomplish something, and some of the things he pulls are pointless and more for the sake of his enjoyment (such as turning Giles into a demon) than anything else.

Maybe you've that feeling because she's ill a part of the time in the series. EP types are often seen as the most bubbly, but ENxP are loner sometimes and ENFP are sometimes melancholic, do you know the french singer Edith Piaf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_piaf)? Elsewhere, Drusilla have a bubbly nature, she's very versatile in love, assertive and seeking mystical stimulation in the outter world.

Yes, but I think she has more Si in inferior than Se, she trusts her instincts and is absolutely not a woman of project.

We can tell that she've a high N, so she can have good Ni too.

She's crasy and she's ENFP, that's totally coherent.:D
I've rewatched a few of the episodes with her in them, and I agree. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

Eh! Justly, I've just began to watch the Angel's episodes yesterday, I've watch the two first so there was not Wesley yet

He was ever like this in BTVS. I suppose that INFJs think for the long term and the big picture and for the interest of the group in general and so, prefer to ignore the punctuals needs of individuals persons. Remember that INFJs are usually seen as the most rationals of all the NFs. I'm sure he's an Ni dom and has Se in inferior, in BTVS the humor about him is about his lack of sensuality and practical sense, but he's too emotive to be an INTJ, so...
Well, some of his decisions/actions in later AtS made me think Te, but he could be an INFJ who just began suppressing his Fe (Joss Whedon does love character development, after all). But yeah, in Buffy and early Angel, I completely agree with INFJ.

There's a very good article about Spike in Wikipedia, I call you to read the part about his personality:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_(Buffy_the_Vampire_Slayer)

The traits I retain for him are:
-Very physical person, a doer who live the life to the fullest
-Like challenges, especially physicals challenges (including, to slay slayers)
-Cocky and funny , witty, clever and fun with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, loves practical jokes
-Very high analytical skills and aptitude to understand complex systems and relationships, uses this as leverage for efficiency and manipulation of peoples, but sometime too impatient and acts without reflect enough to avoid some errors
-A in-charge person who's likely to lead peoples in a crisis, he've a very high P side though, wich tempered his in-charge side and strengthens his go-with-the-flow side
-Live in the present and doesn't want to take confining commitments, prefer to keep every options openend and his freedom, his independence and his spontaneity rather than work for stupids visions of transformation (like "give hell on Earth")
-Does'nt respect any rules but his own, act faithfully according to his own principles
-Likes to tell truthfull speechs, especially when the truth hurts
-Likes the fine sensors pleasures of the life like cigarettes, bear or chocolate, popular culture like Star Wars, Charlie Brown and Soap Opera like Passions and, of course, punk bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones
-Has a lust for violence, seeing it as therapeutic, doesn't caring about who's fighting with, just love the fight without values judgments
-Acts according to his own interests above all, but is faithfull for women he loves (like Dru or Buffy) or for the ones he has a deep affection (like Dawn who's taken by Spike as a "little sister", or Joyce who has always be kind with him and never treat him like a monster), is very obssesed by the ones he loves, but less trust his capacities for flirt than his strength and his analytical skills to own success, like in any situations
-Is almost the opposite of Angel

So, my guess is: ESTP
I could see either, to be honest. A lot of what you mentioned can be attributed to Se alone, along with the fact that he is a vampire. I maintain that he's an ESFP with poorly developed Fi (hence, his focus on people and his unhealthy obsession with love), but I could see ESTP with an unhealthy Fe tertiary.

Anya seems not to be in-charge, when she can't persuade others peoples to follow her, she seems to find easier to act alone rather than make more efforts of persuasion.

Joyce seems to have Ti in inferior, sometimes, it seems to be impossible to reason her in anyway.
Ah, I see. Makes sense.

As for your new list, I don't have much disagreement besides what I've already mentioned, but I'd have pegged Liam to be an ESTP as opposed to ISTP (for the brief moment we see him).

EDIT: Wait, do you have the Master as INFJ? :shock:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Buffy ISFP
Xander ENFP
Willow INFP
Tara IxFx
Spike ISFP (tries to behave like ISTP)
Anya xSTJ

?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hmmm. No wonder I think Oz is cute.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
New version.

ISTJ
Anya
Kendra
Nikki Wood

ESTJ
Cordelia
Principal Snyder

ISFJ
Riley
Tara
Jonathan

ESFJ
Joyce
Harmony
Glory
Principal Flutty

ISTP
Spike
Jenny Calendar
The First

ESTP
Faith
Darla
Kennedy

ISFP
Dawn

ESFP
Buffy

INFJ
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
The Master

ENFJ
Angel alias Liam, alias Angelus
Mayor Wilkins

INFP
Willow

ENFP
Drusilla

INTJ
Gilles

ENTJ
Adam
Maggie Walsh

INTP
Oz

ENTP
Xander
Ethan Rayne
Mr.Trick

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
While Buffy came across like an ESFP sometimes, I’d still put her slightly in ISFP range because I think that’s who she really was. Fi was her compass, her center. Her Se was more of a cover. Angel is probably also an ISFP, the difference being that Buffy is an Enneagram 4w3 – a drama queen – and Angel a 9w8 with a more mellow, easygoing personality.