• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Buffy characters

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched the whole series too, and you are wrong.

Faith has exaclty the same type than Amy Winehouse, they are very similar.
Spike is very similar to the INTP 6w5 Sx/Sp Lou Reed as a ironic, tough and cynical punk poet, but he's more action oriented and loudmouth. He has not Fi as auxillary function in his cognitive process.

No, you're wrong. Neither is a type anyways. So it's all wrong, technically.
I think Faith is istp, and Spike is esfp. End of story.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, you're wrong. Neither is a type anyways

WHo said that someone "was" a type?

I think Faith is istp, and Spike is esfp. End of story.

And you are wrong, end of the story. Your typing abilities are weak, you need to take some lessons if you want to master it correctly.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WHo said that someone "was" a type?
And you are wrong, end of the story. Your typing abilities are weak, you need to take some lessons if you want to master it correctly.

I think it's pathetic that you believe you are a master-typer. You're not even 1/10th as good as the elders on this site. Wake up. I know where I stand, and that's the difference between you ..... and I.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's pathetic that you believe you are a master-typer. You're not even 1/10th as good as the elders on this site.

Lol.

I don't know who theses "elders" are, but they don't impress me. And yes I'am a master typer, and no one can prove the contrary. I was very good at this and had powerful insight in this field even after a short practice.

Wake up. I know where I stand, and that's the difference between you ..... and I.

Tsssk.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol.

I don't know who theses "elders" are, but they don't impress me. And yes I'am a master typer, and no one can prove the contrary. I was very good at this and had powerful insight in this field even after a short practice.

Sounds foolish imo. I've never seen you do anything above-the-ordinary. What you seem to be good at is convincing yourself you are a master typer.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sounds foolish imo. I've never seen you do anything above-the-ordinary. What you seem to be good at is convincing yourself you are a master typer.

Is he being serious? The way it was phrased, sounds kind of sarcastic on his part.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is he being serious? The way it was phrased, sounds kind of sarcastic on his part.

He does stuff like this all the time. He also says he is a master lover and stuff like that. I'm not sure if he's dead-serious, but it seems to be a part of him.

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be the awkward person that revives the thread...
I really would like to discuss Spike. Bear with me, I've only season the complete first fives seasons of Buffy, plus most of the sixth, and none of Angel. So I know, I don't have all the knowledge necessary, sorry if that bothers you.
Anyway, I think (based upon season fives's "Fool for Love") that William, during his human life, was a clear ISFP. I don't think that changed after he became a vampire, rather that he began neglecting his Fi (due to the whole no soul predicament), and thus, for many years, used Se primarily, and looked like more of an ESXP.
Then he gets the chip, falls in love with Buffy, and goes back to his natural tendency of using Fi. So he looks much more ISFP-esque in season 6, although he has moments in other seasons where his Fi shines through.
Sound reasonable?

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
re-watching the series lately

Going to take a few stabs:

Buffy: XSFP. There is really no need to even to pinpoint Buffy's IvsE anyway, because her energy clearly comes from somewhere else entirely, and she can muster it in full force with the use of her will+something sacred to the Slayer.

Willow
: INFJ. not sure how people can say she's a P. she's always so on the ball with her various duties and hobbies. We also know she's an incredibly rare type, as those mysterious tester dudes usurped her and OZ, seemingly to recruit them, in one of the episodes. I'm guessing that because of her intelligence, she tests like a T would. She has many Mastermind qualities, but throughout the season, she proves time and time again she is ruled by her emotions.

Xander: ESFP. It makes sense to me that he is so similar to Buffy. Throughout the series, he works as her foil, in many cases, calling her out at the drop of a hat. At the end of season 4, he takes the place in the magic circle as Buffy's "Heart" and she echoes this sentiment again in season 7. Buffy trusts him more than anyone else to take care of Dawn, which means a lot. I'm not there yet in my re-watching, so I can't cite the episode yet.

Giles: INTJ. What else could he possibly be? Process of elimination works better than any other method with him.

Cordelia
: ESTJ. Cordelia continually acts as the voice of reason in the beginning of the show, despite her ditzy packaging. She tends to say what the average American is thinking, in this way she embodies the traits traditionally valued in our country.

Angel: ISFJ with a soul, and ESTP as Angelus. He seems to change coretypes depending on whether or not he has a soul. When he is Angelus, he is very much a typical evil Artisan. When he has his soul, all he cares about protecting everyone, especially Buffy. Don't forget about the the "needing to be needed" and the classical moodiness and sulking associated with ISFJ's.

Spike: INFP as a human for sure. As a vamp, I'd say ENFP. Not much change. He takes awhile to really come into his personality, but I think his situation is best described as coming full circle. By the end of the series, he truly is a Champion. He also closely resembles his human personality, and I don't think he needed his soul for this to eventually happen. Even in the flashback episodes showing him as a newborn vampire, he was clearly different than Angel. Strangely he still had his emotions, his ability to love, and fear. Basically, he still had human in him, and therefore his human personality.

Faith: ISTP. In one episode in Season three, Angel remarks "you and me Faith, we are alot alike." What he meant was, you act like I do when I'm evil. There is a silly OkCupid test that uses the Myers-Briggs, but renames the types with "bad" names. ISTP's are called "the Criminal" on that test. Fitting. I think Xena is also an ISTP, and these two act the same when they are being naughty.

wistfulwillow

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm watching Buffy for the first time right now, it's so amazing! I'm on season 6, with only one more episode to go!
Anyway, I agree with most of your typing, maybe with a few minor differences.
I'm unsure of Willow, I see her, for the time being, as an INFx. She loves to organize things, but on the other hand, she seems much more Fi than Ni. I really don't know.
This might sound ridiculous, but I sort of thought ENTP for Xander. A vibe thing I guess. He sees the world in black and white, and can be objective about things, unlike Buffy and Willow (both clear Fs), which makes him seem like more of a thinker.
I say Spike is an ISFP (see previous post), but I see where you're coming from.
Faith is tricky, but I'd go with ESTP, simply because Se dominance seems inevitable. Also, she prefers being around people, not much one for spending time by herself.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Faith is tricky, but I'd go with ESTP, simply because Se dominance seems inevitable. Also, she prefers being around people, not much one for spending time by herself.

She's a character who changes a lot. There's some stuff in the Buffy spin-off Angel (also worth watching, each season of that show was better than the one before IMO) in particular with her that could make me think introvert.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

She's a character who changes a lot. There's some stuff in the Buffy spin-off Angel (also worth watching, each season of that show was better than the one before IMO) in particular with her that could make me think introvert.

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
agreed. women under 21 and men under 25 often test/seem more E simply due to their values, i.e, placing a great emphasis on social circles and socializing. and everyone who has watched Buffy knows, Faith was ironically a sucker for that stuff in her intro season and it had a lot to do with her past. Those seemingly E traits I think, were brought on by her need to be accepted and loved by others. yet another metaphor for the high school experience, on crack and involving monsters, in typical Joss style.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spike as INFP is a crazy typing. He is an obvious ESTP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Buffy: ESFP 3w4 So/Sx

Willow: INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx

Xander: ENTP 6w7 So/Sp

Giles: INTJ 1w9 So/Sx

Cordelia: ESTJ 3w2 So/Sx

Angel: ENFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp

Spike: ESTP 6w5 Sx/So

Faith: ESTP 6w7 Sx/So

Anya: ESTJ 6w5 Sx/So

The Mayor: ENFJ 7w6 So/Sx

Jenny Calendar: ENTP 7w6 Sp/Sx

Oz: INTP 5w4 Sx/Sp

Joyce: ESFJ 2w3 Sp/So

Darla: ESTP 3w2 Sx/Sp

Dawn: ISFP 4w3 So/Sx

Drusilla: ENFP 4w5 So/Sx

Tara: INFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx

Principal Snyder: ESTJ 6w5 Sp/So

Harmony: ESFP 3w2 Sx/So

Bonus

Joss Whedon: ENFP 6w7 Sp/So

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No wonder I relate to Drusilla...

Pansophie

MBTI Type
INXX
Enneagram
Spike

Spike as any kind of T is "crazy typing!" my oh my. I feel like only someone who has NEVER watched Buffy past season 3 could say that.

And to whomever typed Xander as an N, may I quote him in an episode I'm actually currently watching.

Xander: "Thats the funny thing about me, I tend to hear the actual words people say and accept them at face value."
Anya: "Thats stupid."
Xander: "I accept that."

Lol.