First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default re-watching the series lately

Going to take a few stabs:

Buffy: XSFP. There is really no need to even to pinpoint Buffy's IvsE anyway, because her energy clearly comes from somewhere else entirely, and she can muster it in full force with the use of her will+something sacred to the Slayer.

Willow
    : INFJ. not sure how people can say she's a P. she's always so on the ball with her various duties and hobbies. We also know she's an incredibly rare type, as those mysterious tester dudes usurped her and OZ, seemingly to recruit them, in one of the episodes. I'm guessing that because of her intelligence, she tests like a T would. She has many Mastermind qualities, but throughout the season, she proves time and time again she is ruled by her emotions.

Xander: ESFP. It makes sense to me that he is so similar to Buffy. Throughout the series, he works as her foil, in many cases, calling her out at the drop of a hat. At the end of season 4, he takes the place in the magic circle as Buffy's "Heart" and she echoes this sentiment again in season 7. Buffy trusts him more than anyone else to take care of Dawn, which means a lot. I'm not there yet in my re-watching, so I can't cite the episode yet.

Giles: INTJ. What else could he possibly be? Process of elimination works better than any other method with him.

Cordelia
    : ESTJ. Cordelia continually acts as the voice of reason in the beginning of the show, despite her ditzy packaging. She tends to say what the average American is thinking, in this way she embodies the traits traditionally valued in our country.

Angel: ISFJ with a soul, and ESTP as Angelus. He seems to change coretypes depending on whether or not he has a soul. When he is Angelus, he is very much a typical evil Artisan. When he has his soul, all he cares about protecting everyone, especially Buffy. Don't forget about the the "needing to be needed" and the classical moodiness and sulking associated with ISFJ's.

Spike: INFP as a human for sure. As a vamp, I'd say ENFP. Not much change. He takes awhile to really come into his personality, but I think his situation is best described as coming full circle. By the end of the series, he truly is a Champion. He also closely resembles his human personality, and I don't think he needed his soul for this to eventually happen. Even in the flashback episodes showing him as a newborn vampire, he was clearly different than Angel. Strangely he still had his emotions, his ability to love, and fear. Basically, he still had human in him, and therefore his human personality.

Faith: ISTP. In one episode in Season three, Angel remarks "you and me Faith, we are alot alike." What he meant was, you act like I do when I'm evil. There is a silly OkCupid test that uses the Myers-Briggs, but renames the types with "bad" names. ISTP's are called "the Criminal" on that test. Fitting. I think Xena is also an ISTP, and these two act the same when they are being naughty.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm watching Buffy for the first time right now, it's so amazing! I'm on season 6, with only one more episode to go!
    Anyway, I agree with most of your typing, maybe with a few minor differences.
    I'm unsure of Willow, I see her, for the time being, as an INFx. She loves to organize things, but on the other hand, she seems much more Fi than Ni. I really don't know.
    This might sound ridiculous, but I sort of thought ENTP for Xander. A vibe thing I guess. He sees the world in black and white, and can be objective about things, unlike Buffy and Willow (both clear Fs), which makes him seem like more of a thinker.
    I say Spike is an ISFP (see previous post), but I see where you're coming from.
    Faith is tricky, but I'd go with ESTP, simply because Se dominance seems inevitable. Also, she prefers being around people, not much one for spending time by herself.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
    ― John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwillow View Post
    Faith is tricky, but I'd go with ESTP, simply because Se dominance seems inevitable. Also, she prefers being around people, not much one for spending time by herself.
    She's a character who changes a lot. There's some stuff in the Buffy spin-off Angel (also worth watching, each season of that show was better than the one before IMO) in particular with her that could make me think introvert.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwillow View Post
    She's a character who changes a lot. There's some stuff in the Buffy spin-off Angel (also worth watching, each season of that show was better than the one before IMO) in particular with her that could make me think introvert.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

agreed. women under 21 and men under 25 often test/seem more E simply due to their values, i.e, placing a great emphasis on social circles and socializing. and everyone who has watched Buffy knows, Faith was ironically a sucker for that stuff in her intro season and it had a lot to do with her past. Those seemingly E traits I think, were brought on by her need to be accepted and loved by others. yet another metaphor for the high school experience, on crack and involving monsters, in typical Joss style.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Spike as INFP is a crazy typing. He is an obvious ESTP.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Buffy: ESFP 3w4 So/Sx

Willow: INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx

Xander: ENTP 6w7 So/Sp

Giles: INTJ 1w9 So/Sx

Cordelia: ESTJ 3w2 So/Sx

Angel: ENFJ 8w9 Sx/Sp

Spike: ESTP 6w5 Sx/So

Faith: ESTP 6w7 Sx/So

Anya: ESTJ 6w5 Sx/So

The Mayor: ENFJ 7w6 So/Sx

Jenny Calendar: ENTP 7w6 Sp/Sx

Oz: INTP 5w4 Sx/Sp

Joyce: ESFJ 2w3 Sp/So

Darla: ESTP 3w2 Sx/Sp

Dawn: ISFP 4w3 So/Sx

Drusilla: ENFP 4w5 So/Sx

Tara: INFJ 6w5 Sp/Sx

Principal Snyder: ESTJ 6w5 Sp/So

Harmony: ESFP 3w2 Sx/So

Bonus

Joss Whedon: ENFP 6w7 Sp/So
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Spike as INFP is a crazy typing. He is an obvious ESTP.
    If you looked closer Pansophie listed two types: INFP as a human. I totally buy that.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No wonder I relate to Drusilla...

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default Spike

Spike as any kind of T is "crazy typing!" my oh my. I feel like only someone who has NEVER watched Buffy past season 3 could say that.

And to whomever typed Xander as an N, may I quote him in an episode I'm actually currently watching.

Xander: "Thats the funny thing about me, I tend to hear the actual words people say and accept them at face value."
    Anya: "Thats stupid."
    Xander: "I accept that."

Lol.