User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Spike I think is actually another ESFP. He loves fucking around with people, and he really shows nothing resembling Ti (but he does stalk Buffy, which is somewhat Fi-ish).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

curiouser and curiouser bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

while reading this post, i started to wonder about Illyria. of course, she has only been in six episodes (i think), so we don't know that much about her, but still, it would be interesting to try.

someone on another forum suggested INTJ, but i wondered whether ISTJ could be an option. she does have quite a number of traits in common with other characters who are somewhat easier to pinpoint as ISTJ or ESTJ, such as Anya or Cordelia (forthcoming, blunt, inflexible, characterized by a cold/distant demeanor that could be interpreted as a defensive mechanism, literal-minded).

what do you think?

Illyria could be ITJ, I guess. Although she's kind of stubborn for an INTJ.

Maybe not the right word.. INTJs are stubborn in a different way. They still propose their own ideas. She just pretty much shoots everything down and offers little in return. Maybe there are INTJs like that, but... I doubt they're INTJ too. Kind of makes for a shitty "mastermind" if you have nothing to offer.

Some people type Ro Laren from Star Trek the same way.. an INTJ. But I don't see it, for the same reasons.

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Illyria could be ITJ, I guess. Although she's kind of stubborn for an INTJ.

Maybe not the right word.. INTJs are stubborn in a different way. They still propose their own ideas. She just pretty much shoots everything down and offers little in return. Maybe there are INTJs like that, but... I doubt they're INTJ too. Kind of makes for a shitty "mastermind" if you have nothing to offer.
    i don't think i am familiar enough with the IxTJ types, yet, but judging by what i have learned, she doesn't seem exactly INTJ to me either. except the body language, which is stereotypically INTJ in some ways - but then that might be due to her being an alien (at least in essence) more than to her actual psychological type. perhaps any member of the species that multi-tentacled being belonged to would have used the same nonverbal signals if its soul were transferred into a human body.

i was thinking what sense, if any, one could make of Illyria's behavior in the "Illyria: Haunted" series. the fact is, she still acted sufficiently in character, or at least i was able to recognize her as the illyria i knew from the show. i cannot say the same about some other jossverse characters that appeared in ATF or a few other series. but this was exactly why i found the series unsettling. they turned her into something very INFP-like and i didn't fully notice this until the final issue (to which i had a vastly inadequate reaction - it reads/appears like a shroom trip and i responded accordingly). that suspiciously familiar quest for her true self. or her preoccupation with being deficient or "not whole" because she isn't feeling something she believes she ought to feel, which, if possible, gave me an even greater feeling of a disturbing deja vu. and it could only be digested, more or less, if one supposes that her shadow self had taken over completely and swallowed her whole (if she is ISTJ), due to the stress of being stranded in a foreign, hostile environment and in a body that is not her own. or that fred had been INFP and her personality surfaced to a greater extent than it used to in the past, smothering illyria's.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

I haven't seen that..

If she became INFP like, then yeah, maybe it's just Fred taking her over again I think she is either INFP or INTP at least.

MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I haven't seen that..

If she became INFP like, then yeah, maybe it's just Fred taking her over again I think she is either INFP or INTP at least.
    i think those graphic novels should be readily available for download in e-format. some of them they were difficult enough to find online, but that was right after they were released (character derailment can be a guilty pleasure of sorts, with a masochistic flavor - i knew i would be disgusted, but i couldn't resist all the same); by now they should be everywhere.

just for the sake of curiosity, i used that odd automated writing style analyzer from the "what is your writing style?" post on illyria's dialogue from the seven episodes she was in (i had it in a separate file because i'd used it to illustrate illyria's speech patterns to a friend). it showed as being very obviously INFP, with heavy I, N, F and P leanings. i thought this was odd - and also not.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I Buffy. My fave show ever.

Faith- ISTP
    Spike - ESFP
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    I Buffy. My fave show ever.

Faith- ISTP
    Spike - ESFP
    Faith: ESTP 6w7 Sx/So
    Spike: ISTP 6w5 Sx/So
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Faith: ESTP 6w7 Sx/So
    Spike: ISTP 6w5 Sx/So
    Yea, we disagree on that. I've watched through the whole series twice. And those are my choices.....
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ICUP View Post
    Yea, we disagree on that. I've watched through the whole series twice. And those are my choices.....
    I watched the whole series too, and you are wrong.

Faith has exaclty the same type than Amy Winehouse, they are very similar.
    Spike is very similar to the INTP 6w5 Sx/Sp Lou Reed as a ironic, tough and cynical punk poet, but he's more action oriented and loudmouth. He has not Fi as auxillary function in his cognitive process.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan