• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Buffy characters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EDIT: based on Liam's initial clear E, perhaps Angel oppresses his natural E as a matter of repenting, self-guilt or worry? Is that the thinking?

Yes, it's the thinking. It's important to know that Angel/Angelus/Liam is a 9w8, and he can appears introvert because of the 9's leanings to withdrawn and to be soul-dead. He's also an sx/sp and so, likely to be intense and self-absorbed.
But he's a real E who's dispressed when left alone and his aventures in ATS reveal his in-charge nature. Liam is not different of Angel. In an episode of the season 4 of ATS, Angel is hit by a fate who take him the same mind that he had whan he was just 17, and so, have the Liam's mind again, and I can tell you that Liam is very similar to Angel.

From your prediction, Dru is me . Since I'm enfp with 4 w 5. Isn't that scary
Sweet! Have some common points with Dru?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Buffy- ESTP
Angel- ISFP
Spike- ISTP
Willow- INFP
Xander- ESFJ
Cordelia- ESFP
Giles- INTJ
Oz- INTP
Wesley- INFJ

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I know she was only on Angel but what type would Fred be?

I'm thinking an perky INTJ or INTP but I could be wrong. Though she seemed more of a feeling type, hmm..

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know she was only on Angel but what type would Fred be?

I'm thinking an perky INTJ or INTP but I could be wrong. Though she seemed more of a feeling type, hmm..

INFP 9w1 Sp/So. More of a feeling type, I think, she is naturally cooperative and is'nt as individualistic as INTP usually are.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's an INTP, just a nice one. She shows no Fi, no Te, and only shows Fe in the sense of being polite. She's very Ti Ne.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I think she is ISFJ. A true INTP 9w1 is Oz for example who is very laconic and detached from peoples. Fred is very Ti oriented, geeky and scientific but ultimately gentle, dependable, cooperative, naturally place the needs of other befor his own and act on a daily basis. She is a sort of ISFJ/INTP mix but the Ti/Ne geekyness is always submit to the more cooperative, self-effacing and daily approach of the Si/Fe side.

Connor, Oz, Warren and Lindsey MacDonald are INTPs.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Actually, I think she is ISFJ. A true INTP 9w1 is Oz for example who is very laconic and detached from peoples. Fred is very Ti oriented, geeky and scientific but ultimately gentle, dependable, cooperative, naturally place the needs of other befor his own and act on a daily basis. She is a sort of ISFJ/INTP mix but the Ti/Ne geekyness is always submit to the more cooperative, self-effacing and daily approach of the Si/Fe side.

Connor, Oz, Warren and Lindsey MacDonald are INTPs.

The more I think about it the more I don't see INTP. Like you said she isn't detached, far from. She worked to help Spike and really seems to bring out the good in people. She really brought out the best in Gunn, Wesley, and Spike. If she's an INTP , she has a strong F leaning.

I could see INFP. Withdrawn due to what she had to deal with prior to meeting Angel. She seemed to turn Spike into a cause which INFPs can do. She felt passionately enough about it to even butt heads with Angel, another INFP trait. It is possible for a INFP to be scientific.... I think. I could believe she is a INFP with a T leaning.

I can see how you see ISFJ as well. She's like a mix of Hero from Much Ado About Nothing & Dr. John H. Watson. She is methodical, accurate, and polite. Though she seemed to me to be comfortable being in a supervisory role, which is unlike a ISFJ. Is it me or ISFJ and INFP very similar? I'm still new to the typing thing but I'm such a geek for it that I take it too seriously :doh:

At the end of the day I see more of a INFP with a T leaning but it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see INFP. Withdrawn due to what she had to deal with prior to meeting Angel. She seemed to turn Spike into a cause which INFPs can do. She felt passionately enough about it to even butt heads with Angel, another INFP trait. It is possible for a INFP to be scientific.... I think. I could believe she is a INFP with a T leaning.
That doesn't fit, functionally. Her Thinking function is Ti (intricacies, details and logical deduction) rather than Te (segmenting, efficiency, organization), and her Feeling function is Fe (empathy, sympathy, shared values and social norms) rather than Fi (internal values, feelings). I could maybe see ISFJ, but quite frankly her Ne seems a tad too strong to be inferior.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Buffy ESFP 4w3 Sp/So
Angel ENFJ 9w8 Sx/Sp
Willow INFP 6w7 Sp/Sx
Xander ENTP 6w7 So/Sp
Rupert Giles INTJ 5w4 So/Sx
Spike ISTP 6w5 Sx/Sp
Drusilla ENFP 4w5 So/Sx
Faith ESTP 6w7 Sx/So
Dawn ENFJ 1w2 Sp/Sx
Cordelia ESTJ 3w2 So/Sp
Oz INTP 9w1 Sx/So
Anya ISTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx
Wesley INFJ 1w9 So/Sp

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spike I think is actually another ESFP. He loves fucking around with people, and he really shows nothing resembling Ti (but he does stalk Buffy, which is somewhat Fi-ish).

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
while reading this post, i started to wonder about Illyria. of course, she has only been in six episodes (i think), so we don't know that much about her, but still, it would be interesting to try.

someone on another forum suggested INTJ, but i wondered whether ISTJ could be an option. she does have quite a number of traits in common with other characters who are somewhat easier to pinpoint as ISTJ or ESTJ, such as Anya or Cordelia (forthcoming, blunt, inflexible, characterized by a cold/distant demeanor that could be interpreted as a defensive mechanism, literal-minded).

what do you think?

KDude

Illyria could be ITJ, I guess. Although she's kind of stubborn for an INTJ.

Maybe not the right word.. INTJs are stubborn in a different way. They still propose their own ideas. She just pretty much shoots everything down and offers little in return. Maybe there are INTJs like that, but... I doubt they're INTJ too. Kind of makes for a shitty "mastermind" if you have nothing to offer.

Some people type Ro Laren from Star Trek the same way.. an INTJ. But I don't see it, for the same reasons.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
Illyria could be ITJ, I guess. Although she's kind of stubborn for an INTJ.

Maybe not the right word.. INTJs are stubborn in a different way. They still propose their own ideas. She just pretty much shoots everything down and offers little in return. Maybe there are INTJs like that, but... I doubt they're INTJ too. Kind of makes for a shitty "mastermind" if you have nothing to offer.

i don't think i am familiar enough with the IxTJ types, yet, but judging by what i have learned, she doesn't seem exactly INTJ to me either. except the body language, which is stereotypically INTJ in some ways - but then that might be due to her being an alien (at least in essence) more than to her actual psychological type. perhaps any member of the species that multi-tentacled being belonged to would have used the same nonverbal signals if its soul were transferred into a human body.

i was thinking what sense, if any, one could make of Illyria's behavior in the "Illyria: Haunted" series. the fact is, she still acted sufficiently in character, or at least i was able to recognize her as the illyria i knew from the show. i cannot say the same about some other jossverse characters that appeared in ATF or a few other series. but this was exactly why i found the series unsettling. they turned her into something very INFP-like and i didn't fully notice this until the final issue (to which i had a vastly inadequate reaction - it reads/appears like a shroom trip and i responded accordingly). that suspiciously familiar quest for her true self. or her preoccupation with being deficient or "not whole" because she isn't feeling something she believes she ought to feel, which, if possible, gave me an even greater feeling of a disturbing deja vu. and it could only be digested, more or less, if one supposes that her shadow self had taken over completely and swallowed her whole (if she is ISTJ), due to the stress of being stranded in a foreign, hostile environment and in a body that is not her own. or that fred had been INFP and her personality surfaced to a greater extent than it used to in the past, smothering illyria's.

KDude

I haven't seen that..

If she became INFP like, then yeah, maybe it's just Fred taking her over again ;) I think she is either INFP or INTP at least.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
I haven't seen that..

If she became INFP like, then yeah, maybe it's just Fred taking her over again ;) I think she is either INFP or INTP at least.

i think those graphic novels should be readily available for download in e-format. some of them they were difficult enough to find online, but that was right after they were released (character derailment can be a guilty pleasure of sorts, with a masochistic flavor - i knew i would be disgusted, but i couldn't resist all the same); by now they should be everywhere.

just for the sake of curiosity, i used that odd automated writing style analyzer from the "what is your writing style?" post on illyria's dialogue from the seven episodes she was in (i had it in a separate file because i'd used it to illustrate illyria's speech patterns to a friend). it showed as being very obviously INFP, with heavy I, N, F and P leanings. i thought this was odd - and also not.

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I :heart: Buffy. My fave show ever.

Faith- ISTP
Spike - ESFP

ICUP

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea, we disagree on that. I've watched through the whole series twice. And those are my choices.....

I watched the whole series too, and you are wrong.

Faith has exaclty the same type than Amy Winehouse, they are very similar.
Spike is very similar to the INTP 6w5 Sx/Sp Lou Reed as a ironic, tough and cynical punk poet, but he's more action oriented and loudmouth. He has not Fi as auxillary function in his cognitive process.