Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    <snip>
    Seems decent, though I have a few disagreements:

- Ethan Rayne: he seems more like an ENTP with the way he tends to like to screw around, and I can't really see Te in him. Not really geared toward considering the consequences of his actions either.

- Drusilla: doesn't really have the bubbly nature of an ENFP, nor does she seem to get bored of her surroundings that easily. Her N seems more Ni-ish than Ne-ish. I'd say INFJ for her. To be fair, though, she is crazy, and therefore kind of finicky to type.

- Wesley: I don't know if you've seen Angel, but his thinking seems more Te than Fe to me. The majority of the time, his decisions are based on the logic of the case rather than the opinions of the people around him. The reason I mention Angel is that his decision near the end of season 3 is very illustrative of this. He seems to appear more INFJish, though his behaviour doesn't seem to match.

- Spike: xSFP. I lean I, but I could see E as well. What he does is always somehow related to the women he's in love with. Leads strongly with his heart. I don't really see much Ti in him, and he doesn't really fit the ESTPs in-charge nature.

- Not really a disagreement, but I was curious about your reasoning for the I/E orientation of Joyce and Anya. I could lean either way, I'm just curious about your opinion.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Seems decent, though I have a few disagreements:

- Ethan Rayne: he seems more like an ENTP with the way he tends to like to screw around, and I can't really see Te in him. Not really geared toward considering the consequences of his actions either.
    Ethan Rayne seems to prefer follow a straight line or reasoning rather than keep all options opened.
    And he looks so like Arnold Shwarzenegger that I can't prevent me to type him as ENTJ.

- Drusilla: doesn't really have the bubbly nature of an ENFP,
    Maybe you've that feeling because she's ill a part of the time in the series. EP types are often seen as the most bubbly, but ENxP are loner sometimes and ENFP are sometimes melancholic, do you know the french singer Edith Piaf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_piaf)? Elsewhere, Drusilla have a bubbly nature, she's very versatile in love, assertive and seeking mystical stimulation in the outter world.

nor does she seem to get bored of her surroundings that easily.
    Yes, but I think she has more Si in inferior than Se, she trusts her instincts and is absolutely not a woman of project.

Her N seems more Ni-ish than Ne-ish.
    We can tell that she've a high N, so she can have good Ni too.

To be fair, though, she is crazy, and therefore kind of finicky to type.
    She's crasy and she's ENFP, that's totally coherent.

- Wesley: I don't know if you've seen Angel,
    Eh! Justly, I've just began to watch the Angel's episodes yesterday, I've watch the two first so there was not Wesley yet

but his thinking seems more Te than Fe to me. The majority of the time, his decisions are based on the logic of the case rather than the opinions of the people around him.
    He was ever like this in BTVS. I suppose that INFJs think for the long term and the big picture and for the interest of the group in general and so, prefer to ignore the punctuals needs of individuals persons. Remember that INFJs are usually seen as the most rationals of all the NFs. I'm sure he's an Ni dom and has Se in inferior, in BTVS the humor about him is about his lack of sensuality and practical sense, but he's too emotive to be an INTJ, so...

- Spike: xSFP. I lean I, but I could see E as well. What he does is always somehow related to the women he's in love with. Leads strongly with his heart. I don't really see much Ti in him, and he doesn't really fit the ESTPs in-charge nature.
    There's a very good article about Spike in Wikipedia, I call you to read the part about his personality:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_(...Vampire_Slayer)

The traits I retain for him are:
    -Very physical person, a doer who live the life to the fullest
    -Like challenges, especially physicals challenges (including, to slay slayers)
    -Cocky and funny , witty, clever and fun with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, loves practical jokes
    -Very high analytical skills and aptitude to understand complex systems and relationships, uses this as leverage for efficiency and manipulation of peoples, but sometime too impatient and acts without reflect enough to avoid some errors
    -A in-charge person who's likely to lead peoples in a crisis, he've a very high P side though, wich tempered his in-charge side and strengthens his go-with-the-flow side
    -Live in the present and doesn't want to take confining commitments, prefer to keep every options openend and his freedom, his independence and his spontaneity rather than work for stupids visions of transformation (like "give hell on Earth")
    -Does'nt respect any rules but his own, act faithfully according to his own principles
    -Likes to tell truthfull speechs, especially when the truth hurts
    -Likes the fine sensors pleasures of the life like cigarettes, bear or chocolate, popular culture like Star Wars, Charlie Brown and Soap Opera like Passions and, of course, punk bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones
    -Has a lust for violence, seeing it as therapeutic, doesn't caring about who's fighting with, just love the fight without values judgments
    -Acts according to his own interests above all, but is faithfull for women he loves (like Dru or Buffy) or for the ones he has a deep affection (like Dawn who's taken by Spike as a "little sister", or Joyce who has always be kind with him and never treat him like a monster), is very obssesed by the ones he loves, but less trust his capacities for flirt than his strength and his analytical skills to own success, like in any situations
    -Is almost the opposite of Angel

So, my guess is: ESTP

- Not really a disagreement, but I was curious about your reasoning for the I/E orientation of Joyce and Anya. I could lean either way, I'm just curious about your opinion.
    Anya seems not to be in-charge, when she can't persuade others peoples to follow her, she seems to find easier to act alone rather than make more efforts of persuasion.

Joyce seems to have Ti in inferior, sometimes, it seems to be impossible to reason her in anyway.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

New version.

ISTJ
    Anya
    Kendra
    Nikki Wood

ESTJ
    Cordelia
    Principal Snyder

ISFJ
    Riley
    Jonathan

ESFJ
    Joyce
    Harmony
    Glory
    Principal Flutty

ISTP
    Angel alias Liam, alias Angelus
    Darla
    Jenny Calendar
    The First

ESTP
    Spike
    Faith
    Kennedy

ISFP
    Dawn

ESFP
    Buffy

INFJ
    Tara
    Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
    The Master

ENFJ
    Mayor Wilkins

INFP
    Willow

ENFP
    Drusilla

INTJ
    Gilles

ENTJ
    Adam
    Maggie Walsh

INTP
    Oz

ENTP
    Xander
    Ethan Rayne
    Mr.Trick
    Last edited by Speed Gavroche; 10-27-2009 at 08:16 PM.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Sorry, I completely missed your earlier reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Ethan Rayne seems to prefer follow a straight line or reasoning rather than keep all options opened.
    And he looks so like Arnold Shwarzenegger that I can't prevent me to type him as ENTJ.
    Hm. Can't really see it. He stirs the pot for the sake of it rather than to actually accomplish something, and some of the things he pulls are pointless and more for the sake of his enjoyment (such as turning Giles into a demon) than anything else.

Maybe you've that feeling because she's ill a part of the time in the series. EP types are often seen as the most bubbly, but ENxP are loner sometimes and ENFP are sometimes melancholic, do you know the french singer Edith Piaf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_piaf)? Elsewhere, Drusilla have a bubbly nature, she's very versatile in love, assertive and seeking mystical stimulation in the outter world.

Yes, but I think she has more Si in inferior than Se, she trusts her instincts and is absolutely not a woman of project.

We can tell that she've a high N, so she can have good Ni too.

She's crasy and she's ENFP, that's totally coherent.
    I've rewatched a few of the episodes with her in them, and I agree. I don't know why I didn't see it before.

Eh! Justly, I've just began to watch the Angel's episodes yesterday, I've watch the two first so there was not Wesley yet

He was ever like this in BTVS. I suppose that INFJs think for the long term and the big picture and for the interest of the group in general and so, prefer to ignore the punctuals needs of individuals persons. Remember that INFJs are usually seen as the most rationals of all the NFs. I'm sure he's an Ni dom and has Se in inferior, in BTVS the humor about him is about his lack of sensuality and practical sense, but he's too emotive to be an INTJ, so...
    Well, some of his decisions/actions in later AtS made me think Te, but he could be an INFJ who just began suppressing his Fe (Joss Whedon does love character development, after all). But yeah, in Buffy and early Angel, I completely agree with INFJ.

There's a very good article about Spike in Wikipedia, I call you to read the part about his personality:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_(...Vampire_Slayer)

The traits I retain for him are:
    -Very physical person, a doer who live the life to the fullest
    -Like challenges, especially physicals challenges (including, to slay slayers)
    -Cocky and funny , witty, clever and fun with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, loves practical jokes
    -Very high analytical skills and aptitude to understand complex systems and relationships, uses this as leverage for efficiency and manipulation of peoples, but sometime too impatient and acts without reflect enough to avoid some errors
    -A in-charge person who's likely to lead peoples in a crisis, he've a very high P side though, wich tempered his in-charge side and strengthens his go-with-the-flow side
    -Live in the present and doesn't want to take confining commitments, prefer to keep every options openend and his freedom, his independence and his spontaneity rather than work for stupids visions of transformation (like "give hell on Earth")
    -Does'nt respect any rules but his own, act faithfully according to his own principles
    -Likes to tell truthfull speechs, especially when the truth hurts
    -Likes the fine sensors pleasures of the life like cigarettes, bear or chocolate, popular culture like Star Wars, Charlie Brown and Soap Opera like Passions and, of course, punk bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones
    -Has a lust for violence, seeing it as therapeutic, doesn't caring about who's fighting with, just love the fight without values judgments
    -Acts according to his own interests above all, but is faithfull for women he loves (like Dru or Buffy) or for the ones he has a deep affection (like Dawn who's taken by Spike as a "little sister", or Joyce who has always be kind with him and never treat him like a monster), is very obssesed by the ones he loves, but less trust his capacities for flirt than his strength and his analytical skills to own success, like in any situations
    -Is almost the opposite of Angel

So, my guess is: ESTP
    I could see either, to be honest. A lot of what you mentioned can be attributed to Se alone, along with the fact that he is a vampire. I maintain that he's an ESFP with poorly developed Fi (hence, his focus on people and his unhealthy obsession with love), but I could see ESTP with an unhealthy Fe tertiary.

Anya seems not to be in-charge, when she can't persuade others peoples to follow her, she seems to find easier to act alone rather than make more efforts of persuasion.

Joyce seems to have Ti in inferior, sometimes, it seems to be impossible to reason her in anyway.
    Ah, I see. Makes sense.

As for your new list, I don't have much disagreement besides what I've already mentioned, but I'd have pegged Liam to be an ESTP as opposed to ISTP (for the brief moment we see him).

EDIT: Wait, do you have the Master as INFJ?
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Buffy ISFP
    Xander ENFP
    Willow INFP
    Tara IxFx
    Spike ISFP (tries to behave like ISTP)
    Anya xSTJ

?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Hmmm. No wonder I think Oz is cute.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Buffy ISFP
    Xander ENFP
    Willow INFP
    Tara IxFx
    Spike ISFP (tries to behave like ISTP)
    Anya xSTJ

?
    Tara is an INFJ

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

New version.

ISTJ
    Anya
    Kendra
    Nikki Wood

ESTJ
    Cordelia
    Principal Snyder

ISFJ
    Riley
    Tara
    Jonathan

ESFJ
    Joyce
    Harmony
    Glory
    Principal Flutty

ISTP
    Spike
    Jenny Calendar
    The First

ESTP
    Faith
    Darla
    Kennedy

ISFP
    Dawn

ESFP
    Buffy

INFJ
    Wesley Wyndam-Pryce
    The Master

ENFJ
    Angel alias Liam, alias Angelus
    Mayor Wilkins

INFP
    Willow

ENFP
    Drusilla

INTJ
    Gilles

ENTJ
    Adam
    Maggie Walsh

INTP
    Oz

ENTP
    Xander
    Ethan Rayne
    Mr.Trick
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Requeim View Post
    Tara is an INFJ
    yeah, now that you mention it, the things she says seem N rather than S and i can't see her as an infp.

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

While Buffy came across like an ESFP sometimes, Id still put her slightly in ISFP range because I think thats who she really was. Fi was her compass, her center. Her Se was more of a cover. Angel is probably also an ISFP, the difference being that Buffy is an Enneagram 4w3 a drama queen and Angel a 9w8 with a more mellow, easygoing personality.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the casethen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg