User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Is Buffy 'Summers' an INTP?

I really think she's an INTP, now that I think about it.

Because, even though she's got her gang, she sometimes needs to go it alone for whatever reason. She's smart, witty, funny and thinks outside the box. Plus she's very straight forward and even though she'd listen to whatever Giles is saying about a demon, she'd probably be thinking about it/building a mental picture of it/running a simuation in her head; or whatever, and given all that Giles is saying, be able to come up with
    'Big, Icky Slimey Monster-Demon'
    which, would be more or less be correct.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Thanks for writing all of that! Very interesting stuff. There wasn't anything I wanted you to back up, I just was curious about your reasoning--it's always thoughtful, with in depth character descriptions. I think there are valid arguments for Willow as an INFJ or INFP, but now I'm leaning towards INFJ! Dark Willow does seem like more of an Ni user for sure.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
    ― John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Is Buffy 'Summers' an INTP?

I really think she's an INTP, now that I think about it.

Because, even though she's got her gang, she sometimes needs to go it alone for whatever reason. She's smart, witty, funny and thinks outside the box. Plus she's very straight forward and even though she'd listen to whatever Giles is saying about a demon, she'd probably be thinking about it/building a mental picture of it/running a simuation in her head; or whatever, and given all that Giles is saying, be able to come up with
    (above post was in response to Pansophie)
    No, I'm almost certain Buffy is an xSFP (probably an ESFP). I don't much feel like explaining why right now, maybe tomorrow?
    If you skim the rest of the posts, you may find reasoning for why she's an xSFP or ESFP It's fairly agreed upon between us Buffy/MBTI junkies.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
    ― John Green

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Plus she's very straight forward and even though she'd listen to whatever Giles is saying about a demon, she'd probably be thinking about it/building a mental picture of it/running a simuation in her head; or whatever, and given all that Giles is saying, be able to come up with
    This is the exact opposite of the way in which INTPs operate. INTPs are masters of making everything more difficult than they actually are.

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default willow as infp

I could see how this could make sense holistically... ie., the INFP profile does kinda fit her. But everything I see kind of screams J... I mean the quintessential studious student, already teaching classes as a high school student (when Ms. C died), choosing her classes all early and giving Buffy crap for doing it too late.. doesn't really get more J than that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwillow View Post
    (above post was in response to Pansophie)
    No, I'm almost certain Buffy is an xSFP (probably an ESFP). I don't much feel like explaining why right now, maybe tomorrow?
    If you skim the rest of the posts, you may find reasoning for why she's an xSFP or ESFP It's fairly agreed upon between us Buffy/MBTI junkies.
    Yeah, there's no chance she's an INTP.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Default haha

Buffy as INTP is just as silly brainz as Spike as an ESTP

Xander is her heart/mirror (ESFP), while Giles is her mind (INTJ) and Willow her spirit (INFJ).

The second to last ep of season 4 features this ^^ spell and is one of the best episodes ever. It really does work out perfectly and precisely with the MBTI, symbolism, and the character types.

This post should summarize the whole thread tee hee.

To here knows when... Odi et Amo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

My favorite show ever, so I feel obliged to type the characters -
    Buffy - ISFP (Buffy's nearly always typed as an SFP. ISFP feels better for me cognitively as well as behaviorally, as Fi moderated by Se feels better than Se moderated by Fi. Plus Buffy is behaviorally an introvert)
    Willow - INFP (This one is really difficult. Willow seems Ni > Ne but Fi > Fe. What clinched INFP was remembering her beautiful soliloquy to Buffy at the end of Season Three (Graduation Day pt I?), when she broke it to Buffy that she was staying in Sunnydale for college, instead of Oxford/Yale/MIT/wherever she wanted, to fight the Hellmouth with Buffy. Screamed Fi dominant.)
    Xander - ENTP (I''m not too sure about this one. ENFP seems just as likely. Ne-Ti/Fi seem equally good.)
    Giles - INTJ (Not much argument here.)
    Angel - ISFJ (Angel on Buffy is more of an Si-dom with his focus on the past, while Angel on Angel is more of an Ni-dom, what with making himself into a Batman-style Ni symbol/abstraction. Since this is Buffy, I'll go with ISFJ. Either way, he's Fe-overload. SO MUCH Fe.)
    Spike - ESFP (Some days I think Spike is an ENFJ, some days I think he's an ESFP. His selfless devotion to Drusilla, then Buffy makes me think Fe-Ni, but Fool for Love and Touched, his big character moments, make me think Se-Fi. "I don't have a reputation for being much of a thinker, I usually go by my blood. Which doesn't always flow in the direction of my brain." Oh SPIKE!)
    Dawn - ENFP (Dawn is a lot like Xander in cognition, clearly Ne-dom.)
    Anya - ESTJ (Devotion to business, great aptitude for it, love of money, desire to know human customs is Te-Si.)
    Cordelia - ESTJ (Classic social climber, but not in an Fe-way. She has a great grasp of organization and a talent for networking, which we see more of on Angel.)
    Riley - some sort of SF, but I mean...it's Riley. I'll give you ESFJ today.
    Joyce - ISFJ (Joyce is frequently in reaction mode to events that have already happened, which screams Si. She's clearly an Fe user as well as a quintessential mother hen. Joyce is the shit, though.)
    Jenny - ENTJ (Sly, sharp-witted, tough as nails.)
    Oz - INTP (Oz's sardonic, hilarious barbs show aux Ne and stoicism, detachment, and mixture of deep intelligence and passive nature show Ti-Ne.)
    Tara - INFJ (Tara is frequently the first to jump to understandings and realize hidden patterns (especially with regards to magic, which is...well...mystical), and has an exceptionally deep conceptual and context-independent grasp of magic and the universe, deeper that that of the extraordinarily powerful Willow, which make her Ni-dom. She and Giles (the Ni-doms in the group) are the only ones to realize what magic will truly do to Willow. She was what helped me type Willow as INFP instead of INFJ. Tara is also THE SHIT. )
    Wood - INTJ (Wood thinks of himself as a symbol as well. He doesn't have a very firm sense of self-identity outside of the roles he plays - principal, bad boy, evil fighter. In a way, he's like a human mixture of Spike and Angel. Really interesting character, one whose type I question.)
    The Master - INTJ (Classic INTJ villain.)
    Angelus - ENTJ (Angelus is different from Angel in a way that Spike is not from William.)
    Drusilla - ENFP (The quintessence of an Ne-dom.)
    The Mayor - ESFJ (His Fe devotion to Faith/avuncular nature and his being seeped in Sunnydale tradition/being very traditionally minded make him a pretty obvious ESFJ.)
    Faith - ESTP (This is a crystalline typing. She's hella Se-dom. She totally gets Spike in this way.)
    Maggie Walsh - INTJ (Yawn.)
    Adam - INTP (Yawn x2.)
    {Season 4 was the great wasted season of Buffy, but that's a tangent for another time. Adam and professor Walsh both had amazing potential that was mostly wasted.}
    Glory - ESFJ (semi-yawn x3, but S5 is still my favorite season.)
    Warren - ENTJ (Outside of his antisocial nature and amorality, he's crafty, resourceful, and scheming, and a superb villain.)
    The First - LOLZ
    Solitude
    Comes just as it goes
    Goes as just its umbra
    Comes

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
    ― Albert Camus

4w5/5w4/1w2, Neutral Good, RlxAI

MBTI
    INTJ

my take on the personality of the buffy:

buffy the beginning of the show until the fourth season is ESFP

thereafter until the end of last season I think it becomes INTJ

because it becomes? because in the beginning she was a teenager and was still in training personlidade ie was not set yet, the personality is only defined after twenty years in my opinion.

MBTI
    INTJ

about ANGEL: despite being a "guardian" on the show do not think his personality is Guardian said so in the MBTI does not see him as SJ. I think this is an erroneous label in this case.

me ANGEL ANGELUS is INFJ and ENTJ or ENTP

LIAM is ESTP

SPIKE serious doubt among some as xSTP or xNFP