User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Default Six Feet Under characters

So this thread may totally flop if no one's seen the show (it's an older HBO one), but it's a favorite of mine.

I'm going to give it a whirl on typing the characters. I also want to add that typing is maybe more challenging with the characters because some have disorders, but....I'll try it out anyway!

*Nate - INFP
    *Claire - IxFP
    *David - IxFJ
    *Ruth - ISFJ

*Lisa - IxFJ
    *Brenda - hmm - I have a really hard time w/ her, but - INxP
    *Billy - INTP (?)
    *Keith - ISTx (I'm inclined to say ISTJ)
    *Brenda and Billy's mom - ENTx
    *Frederico - I'm really not sure w/ him either - xSTJ ?
    *Russell (one of Claire's boyfriends) - truly no idea. Sometimes I think ISFP, but I confess it's mostly due to his pursuit of art. He does seem to have a fair amt of Fe though...
    *Olivier (art teacher) - again I don't know. xSTP? Doesn't really seem like an I in the sense that the others are. And whatever he is, he has zero Fe. I suppose he could be a caustic xSFP, but that doesn't sit well with me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I'm going to give it a whirl on typing the characters. I also want to add that typing is maybe more challenging with the characters because many are not the healthiest individuals and some have disorders, but....I'll try it out anyway!

Nate - INFP
    Claire - IxFP
    David - IxFJ
    Ruth - ISFJ
    I only saw the first five episodes (i wish i had seen more).

My only quibble is David: He seems more ISxJ to me. (I can't tell whether he is a waffling T or a masculinized F. His primary traits are his sense of duty/responsibility as derived from the socially dictated, internalized "rulebook" for the world." Which is SiJe in nature. Being gay also throws a twist into his personality, as far as personal expression goes, which makes T/F hard to determine.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I only saw the first five episodes (i wish i had seen more).

My only quibble is David: He seems more ISxJ to me. (I can't tell whether he is a waffling T or a masculinized F. His primary traits are his sense of duty/responsibility as derived from the socially dictated, internalized "rulebook" for the world." Which is SiJe in nature. Being gay also throws a twist into his personality, as far as personal expression goes, which makes T/F hard to determine.)
    In later seasons the huge differences between David and his boyfriend Keith become apparent. David has a lot of Fe, and Keith expresses himself much differently, and they run into relationship issues as a result of their personality conflicts.

But yes, I could see ISFJ for David. You're correct, his primary trait is a sense of duty/responsibility, so with that in mind, INFJ is not likely at all. Good point! SJ temperament seems much stronger for David than NF. But given how David interacts with others (again, more character development in later episodes) I'm not seeing ISTJ.

Oh, it's a fantasic show. It's all about personal dynamics!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, if Nate is indeed an INFP, it explains why I always connected with him the most.

Now I have to go dig out the DVD's and watch them all again. I've been looking for an excuse, so this fits the bill.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I love love love this show! (Jennifer - can't you rent the DVDs?) Hmmm... lessee...

- Nate Sr. ISTJ
    - Ruth ISFJ
    - Nate Jr. ISFP
    - David ISFJ
    - Claire INFP

- Keith ISTP
    - Lisa IXFP
    - George INTJ
    - Claire's bf when the show ends ESFJ

- Dad Chenowith ENTP
    - Mom Chenowith (narcissistic) ESTP
    - Brenda Chenowith ENFP
    - Billy Chenowith (bipolar severe with psychotic features) INTP

- Rico ISTJ
    - Vanessa ESFP

- the French art teacher (sociopathic tendencies) ENFP
    - the priest INFJ
    - Ruth's sister ISFP
    - Ruth's friend played by Kathy Bates ENFP
    - the Russian florist ISTP

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Thanks for adding your input anii!!

The only thing I really raise my eyebrows on is Brenda as ESFP. She seems SO INxx to me.

Oh - and Lisa seems very J to me, and I always thought the P/J difference was the main one between Lisa and Nate. That, and I thought Lisa oozed Fe (which is why I question IxFP for her), vs. Nate being much more Fi, and I thought that caused some conflict.

And with your qualification of sociopathic tendencies for the teacher, I guess I could see ENFP.

And I can see all how all your other ones could fit!!

Edit: Ah, I see you changed Brenda to EN. :-)

Default Six Feet Under character types

Nate Fisher ENFP 7 Enneagram; David Fisher ISFJ 1E; Ruth Fisher ISFJ 1E; Claire Fisher INFP 4E; Rico ISTP; Brenda INTP 5E; Billy INFP 4E; Keith ESTJ; George ENTJ; Nathaniel Fisher, Sr. ESTP 7E

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think Claire might be a misanthropic ENTP. She's not extremely reflective- her energy seems to be oriented outwardly. You don't have to be social to be an extrovert. And she doesn't seem very F-ey to me. Other than that I'm totally on board with your types.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Default Six Feet Under

I see your point about Claire. The Enneagram helped me estimate her type (a lot of my “amateur” typing is a fusion of the two systems). There are 2 main types of INFPs on the Enneagram, the more passive 9’s (which doesn’t fit Claire at all) and the moody, “bitchy”, expressive Artistic Temperment 4’s, who can be very misonthropic and pessimistic, especially with a 5 wing which gives her a more intellectual bent.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm digging up this old thread, because I recently started watching this series. It's amazing. It's like food for INFJs... and NFs... and for any other type. Haha.

I'm currently in the beginning of the third season. Here's some of my thoughts thus far:

Lisa. INFJ. I think she oozes that, if I may borrow cascademn's wording. There are other ISFJs in the series and she's not quite like them. She's quirkier. She's very much an idealist. She's trying to create the perfect relationship with Nate and seems to be paranoid about the smallest things that challenge her ideals. The funny thing is... I'm almost constantly annoyed by her. I'm thinking "Relax woman! Stop that nagging!". I believe it's because I dislike that exact part in myself. It's like watching myself and hoping I'm not like that all the time...

Claire. INFP. Perhaps. Seems like the type. And when compared to Nate, I think she's a lot more N. Also, the school psychologist (or whatever it's called) said to Claire's mom that Claire's the type of person who needs more meaning to her life than most. Which sounds like an idealist at work.
    (And the scene continued with Ruth asking that doesn't everyone need meaning to their lives... and she got the answer: "You'd be surprised..." One of my favorite lines.)

Brenda. This is difficult. She was immediately my favorite character of the bunch. My first reaction was INTP. Then again... she might be ENTP, which would also explain why I immediately liked her . I'm seeing more T than F, but F is a possibility. She's really complex, really.

Nate. I'm seeing more ISFP than INFP. He has more Fe than others in the family... I'm not sure if it was his father who said it, but he said that Nate has a "gift", like connecting with people on an emotional level. With Fe. That sounds like he also has a well-developed third function, Ni. I'm not sure if that is his type, but that's how I think about it right now.

I'm agree with the rest or I don't know what to think about some character myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: