MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default Name Any Movie And Determine Which Function It Represents

I'll start.

The Fall (2006) is represented by Ni because of its description at IMDB, not because I've seen it.

"In a hospital on the outskirts of 1920s Los Angeles, an injured stuntman begins to tell a fellow patient, a little girl with a broken arm, a fantastic story of five mythical heroes. Thanks to his fractured state of mind and her vivid imagination, the line between fiction and reality blurs as the tale advances."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Star Wars represents Fi because of the conflict between the light side and the dark side of the Force which Luke and his father face. Fi is the free will to choose which one to serve.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"The Conversation" (1974, Gene Hackman) is represented by Ti. "A paranoid and personally-secretive surveillance expert has a crisis of conscience when he suspects that a couple he is spying on will be murdered." In the end, the hunter becomes the hunted, and he sits in his room, which he just completely demolished while looking unsuccessfully for a "bug," all alone playing his sax.

I've seen this one many times.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"The Undefeated" (1969, John Wayne) is represented by Te.

"After the Civil War, ex-Union Colonel John Henry Thomas and ex-Confederate Colonel James Langdon are leading two disparate groups of people through strife-torn Mexico. John Henry and company are bringing horses to the unpopular Mexican government for $35 a head while Langdon is leading a contingent of displaced southerners, who are looking for a new life in Mexico after losing their property to carpetbaggers. The two men are eventually forced to mend their differences in order to fight off both bandits and revolutionaries, as they try to lead their friends and kin to safety."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"How the West Was Won" (1962, James Stewart) is represented by Si for it's dramatization and symbolizing of American history.

"A family saga covering several decades of Westward expansion in the nineteenth century--including the Gold Rush, the Civil War, and the building of the railroads."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Futureworld" (1976, Peter Fonda) is represented by Ne for it's visionary approach to reality.

'It has been several years since the disaster at the Delos resort (events of "Westworld"), and Delos is ready to reopen, replacing Westworld with the new "Futureworld," which is getting rave reviews. However, one of Delos's most famous critics, reporter Chuck Browning, is still not convinced that Delos has cleaned up its act, especially after an informant with inside information about Delos is murdered. Chuck teams up with fellow reporter Tracy Ballard and goes to Delos to find out why his source was killed. What they discover is beyond any of their imaginations.'

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "The Conversation" (1974, Gene Hackman) is represented by Ti. "A paranoid and personally-secretive surveillance expert has a crisis of conscience when he suspects that a couple he is spying on will be murdered." In the end, the hunter becomes the hunted, and he sits in his room, which he just completely demolished while looking unsuccessfully for a "bug," all alone playing his sax.

I've seen this one many times.
    I went to respond to this with a reference and when I googled the topic and went to read one of the first links, I realized it was one of my own posts from a few years ago on a different forum. I'm so amused by this that I hope you'll humor me with quoting myself:

INTP can mirror Schizoid behavior and, as someone mentioned, is actually corresponded with schizoid behavior in at least one personality theory out there; but there's still a difference between a personality type and a clinical-depth disorder.

(Similar how to Asperger's mirrors an odd combination of IxTx behavior but is a thing in itself.)

One of the best depictions I saw Gene Hackman in the movie "The Conversationalist," where he plays a quintessential schizoid. You can definitely see the similarities with INTP, but Hackman's character was unable to step outside of himself and observe his own behavior or see anything really wrong/detrimental about it. INTPs, even dysfunctional ones (unless at an extreme end), can debate their own choices and behavior. There still remains an awareness of other ways to be that the schizoid doesn't seem to possess.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"Forrest Gump" (1994, Tom Hanks).
    "Forrest Gump, while not intelligent, has accidentally been present at many historic moments, but his true love, Jenny, eludes him."

Awww, that is so Fe.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

"The Hangover" (2009, Zach something-or-other) is represented by Se.

"A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him."

This one was not as funny as the similar and Se-dom "Bachelor Party" (1984, Tom Hanks), in my opinion.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I went to respond to this with a reference and when I googled the topic and went to read one of the first links, I realized it was one of my own posts from a few years ago on a different forum. I'm so amused by this that I hope you'll humor me with quoting myself:
    Your backing me on this one is good because paranoia has a certain Ni quality to it, and I was hesitant to call it Ti at first. I could also say this movie is represented by tertiary-Ni.