Enneagram
    4w3 sx

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Well, firstly, I adore her. I have been an ears with feet since her first album, and see her live whenever I can. As for her type, She could either be INFJ or INFP, but she's most definitely an INF. There's another thread knocking around here somewhere, and for those who claim she's extroverted, you're wrong.

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Yeah. She's a special one. One of a kind

EDIT: @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=408" target="_blank">Tigerlily</a> ...you know now I found the thread you may be referring to... perhaps, maybe.
    I didn't find it when I searched for one earlier. Maybe the thread fairy's feeling a bit more graceous today.. who knows.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tori-amos.html

I had to still post one more video. A more of an overview of her life and career for those not so familiar with her work.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INFP 3w4 Sx/So.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Probably my favorite artist. I've always thought INFP. Her lyrics are a bit incomprehensible.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

I think she's an INFJ 4w3...or possibly ENFJ, though I'd say to me she comes off more like an introvert when she's with someone like Graham Norton who is a Ne dom for sure.
    My main Ni suspicion is the way she describes her songwriting. She describes her songs as "girls" that just come to her, some in parts, some ready to record. She describes herself as a kind of a scribe.
    There's another curious fact I read about her making her setlists. She makes a new one for every City she plays. The interesting thing in this is how she goes about deciding what to play that night: she and her assistant get together in the morning over breakfast and go through the local newspapers for a few hours and then she says gets a feel for what needs to be played that night.
    She's pretty hands on, producing her own records, being very much in charge of every aspect of her career from selecting her road crew, to keeping herself very much involved and knowledgeable with the business side of things. She has a home studio and keeps everything to a small intimate crew... I can't really put my finger on it and what it is that exactly makes me think INFJ, but it's my guess.
    I read Piece by Piece, a book where she's interviewed by Ann Powers and a little bit later Just Kids by Patti Smith who in my mind is highly likely an INFP. Patti Smith and her contrasted...I think Patti Smith was more a born bohemian, she just thought "I am a writer" and never really had a plan per se. She went to New York and did various things to express herself artistically and things kind of fell in place as if by accident, whereas Tori Amos had a specific goal and very consciously worked toward that.
    ..There's also that whole Y Kant Tori Read episode where she kind of just went with what people wanted of her and what was popular at the time to break through and only really begun finding her own voice in her mid twenties. I kind of think a Fi dom would just be themselves so to speak and not so much care what the world wanted. I kind of think it's possibly harder to balance your own needs and those of others with Fe in your make up ....but I'm not sure. It's hard to distinguish between INFs.

...I'm of course very biased as she is my all time favorite songwriter. Just thought it's fair to mention that.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I voted INFJ, as I believe that's what she is based on what I know of her and the book she wrote. I agree with some other posters though that it's not an obvious/clearcut typing. I agree with @Tigerlily though that there's no way she's an extrovert.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    I think she's an INFJ 4w3...or possibly ENFJ, though I'd say to me she comes off more like an introvert when she's with someone like Graham Norton who is a Ne dom for sure.
    My main Ni suspicion is the way she describes her songwriting. She describes her songs as "girls" that just come to her, some in parts, some ready to record. She describes herself as a kind of a scribe.
    There's another curious fact I read about her making her setlists. She makes a new one for every City she plays. The interesting thing in this is how she goes about deciding what to play that night: she and her assistant get together in the morning over breakfast and go through the local newspapers for a few hours and then she says gets a feel for what needs to be played that night.
    She's pretty hands on, producing her own records, being very much in charge of every aspect of her career from selecting her road crew, to keeping herself very much involved and knowledgeable with the business side of things. She has a home studio and keeps everything to a small intimate crew... I can't really put my finger on it and what it is that exactly makes me think INFJ, but it's my guess.
    I read Piece by Piece, a book where she's interviewed by Ann Powers and a little bit later Just Kids by Patti Smith who in my mind is highly likely an INFP. Patti Smith and her contrasted...I think Patti Smith was more a born bohemian, she just thought "I am a writer" and never really had a plan per se. She went to New York and did various things to express herself artistically and things kind of fell in place as if by accident, whereas Tori Amos had a specific goal and very consciously worked toward that.
    ..There's also that whole Y Kant Tori Read episode where she kind of just went with what people wanted of her and what was popular at the time to break through and only really begun finding her own voice in her mid twenties. I kind of think a Fi dom would just be themselves so to speak and not so much care what the world wanted. I kind of think it's possibly harder to balance your own needs and those of others with Fe in your make up ....but I'm not sure. It's hard to distinguish between INFs.

...I'm of course very biased as she is my all time favorite songwriter. Just thought it's fair to mention that.
    Incredible rationale; well said. Remember that Ni is concerned with archetypes, and Tori's songs are archetype laden. She has Se impulses, as in the song "The Waitress" and her raw performances that use her body to express the music as well.

Fe comes up in the meet-n-greets she used to do before shows.
    I N V I C T U S

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    She has Se impulses, as in the song "The Waitress" and her raw performances that use her body to express the music as well.
    Oh that's a very good point. ...you know it might be my own repressed Se impulses talking, but I never thought there was anything odd about that song. Now that you mention it I can see a kind of a raw Se expression in the lyric.
    I think that corporeality and expressions of anger are not probably something so readily associated with INFJs.
    I suppose an INFJ could be likely to give out a bit of a flirty (Fe trying to establish a positive rapport) and at the same time kind of naive but raw sensual vibe (inferior Se) paired with a kind of a detached spaciness (Ni). ...this hypothesis might benefit from a male perspective. I'm really just guessing.

EDIT: And in the case of Waitress a very direct emotionally charged communication (Fe) of raw anger (inferior Se) in a way that comes out a bit weird (Ni).