• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
ENFJ too have the characteristics to be manipulative, become extremly critical of others and "overprotecting."
I would have 100% went with you on the XNTJ prior to R2 though.

Let's try Welcome to the NHK
Nakahara Misaki - ISFJ
Satou Tatsuhiro - ISTP
Yamazaki Kaoru - ISFP
Hitomi Kashiwa - INFP
Kobayashi Megumi - ISTJ
Satou Shizue - INFJ

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
A fun thread!! I was just talking about anime typing the other day...yay.

Has anybody read/watched Saiyuki? It's one of my favorites, but I'm only about 90% positive on the typing of like ONE character. I'm not really very good at typing people, I'm so indecisive *lol*

Cho Hakkai- IStJ [I also wonder if his enneagram might be a 2 or a 4. He seems to enjoy playing the mother role in taking care of others, however, he certainly has seen tragedy...then again- so have they all, save for Goku..].

Son Goku- ENFP ... He's definitely extroverted and jumps to every which conclusion he can make [or at least it seems so to me]. I'm fairly certain about the 'F' but if you disagree, say so! [As I'm sure somebody will if they, too, know the character]. P...he just...he isn't structured. In battle, it doesn't seem he has any plans whatsoever [though sometimes he does notice what others don't and comes up with a little trick up his sleeve], though usually he just fights until it's all over.

Genjyo Sanzo- INTJ ...perhaps. Maybe INTP...Very introverted, likes to keep to himself, hard to tell what he's thinking sometimes...pretty stone faced most of the time if he isn't pissed off or annoyed by incessant nusances. Seems to always have a game-plan, but that could just be luck of the draw, too.

Sha Gojyo- MAYBE eNFP/eSFP --- shit, I really don't know with him. He is extroverted, but I think it is a low extroversion. Looks for love in all the wrong places...one night stands, booze, card games, and there's really no plan, no structure to what he does. He's about as go with the flow as they come and makes decisions based on what is happing at any given time.

MBTI Type
INxJ
^
ENFJ too have the characteristics to be manipulative, become extremly critical of others and "overprotecting."
I would have 100% went with you on the XNTJ prior to R2 though.

R2 throws the whole thing off, but there's no way he's Fe dom. It seems his vision is big picture. His strategy, intuitive. That to me, says NT. I'd lean more to J, because he needs pre-planning and closure. He can work on the fly, but his skill is best after he's given his tactics thought.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another one of my favorites, wonder if anyone else has seen it

Ef ~ A Tale of Memories:

Kei - ESTJ
Miyako - ESFP
Hiro - INTJ (least sure about him)
Kyosuke - ENTP
Renji - INFP
Chihiro - INFJ

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Another one of my favorites, wonder if anyone else has seen it

Ef ~ A Tale of Memories:

Kei - ESTJ
Miyako - ESFP
Hiro - INTJ (least sure about him)
Kyosuke - ENTP
Renji - INFP
Chihiro - INFJ

And a follow up.

Ef ~ A Tale of Melodies:

Yuu: ISTJ
Yuuko: INFP
Kuze: INTP
Mizuki: ENFP

And the series as a whole: INF (of the melancholic variety).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Okay, who here has watched Tekkon Kinkreet (movie)? You get a cookie!

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
How about Wolf's Rain?

Oh such a good one!! I'm not terribly certain about how to type these guys, though I'm willing to bet that Kiba and Tsume are both Introverts and Toboe and Hige are a tad on the Extroverted side... Blue, too, I believe is maybe Introverted...

Kiba- IxTJ

Toboe- eNFP

Hige- eXXX

Tsume- IxTP??

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Read the arguments on Fullmetal Alchemist. Here's what I think:

Edward: ENFP. Quickly understands the theoretical mechanics of alchemy and comes up with creative, intuitive solutions to problems in a way that reminds me of my ENFP brother (ENFP's have a propensity for engineering and the like, believe it or not). Seems to openly condemn emotions, but that's just his tert Te working. Almost every ENFP I've met tries to project themselves as being more logical than they really are, which seems to fit Ed perfectly. Everything he does is heavily influenced by his emotions, and he has a short temper to boot. He's very creative, outgoing, and goes with the flow in a way that screams ENxP. I can't see INTJ. At all.

Winry: ENFx.

Alphonse: INFP. Does this really need explanation? :p

Hoenheim: INTP. At first would've thought INTJ, but INTP seems more likely now given his laid-back attitude and the way he suffocates his guilt for ditching Ed & Al.

Greed: ESTP. C'mon.

Mustang: ENTJ, another no-brainer.

Hawkeye: ISTP. I've never met a female ISTP IRL, but she is what I would imagine them to be like.

Armstrong: FAIL is the type for him. Burly, stereotypically gay comic relief character with little to no purpose or depth.

Kimbley: I love this villain too much to throw a type onto him without reviewing his episodes & chapters, I'll get back to this later. My initial reaction was ENTx though.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kiba - ISTJ

It hurts to say he's not an INTJ, but I don't see any Ni in him at all. He follows the scent and his affection, he's fulfilling his duty without grasping the full concept or understanding the ultimate goal.

Tsume - ISTJ

Toboe - ENFP with a slighty underdeveloped personality

Hige - ESfP

Cheza - ESFp

Darcia - iNTJ, but crazy people are hard to type

Blue - INFJ

Quent - ??? (anyone?)

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
TheJimbo, mentioning Greed as an ESTP makes a whole lot of sense. :D

I think I could see Edward as an ENFP now that you mention it, definitely not ESTP like I originally thought. Any chance he might be an ENFJ?

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Kiba - ISTJ

It hurts to say he's not an INTJ, but I don't see any Ni in him at all. He follows the scent and his affection, he's fulfilling his duty without grasping the full concept or understanding the ultimate goal.

Tsume - ISTJ

Toboe - ENFP with a slighty underdeveloped personality

Hige - ESfP

Cheza - ESFp

Darcia - iNTJ, but crazy people are hard to type

Blue - INFJ

Quent - ??? (anyone?)

I do see Blue as an INFJ...

Interesting how you typed Tsume as ISTJ. Truthfully, I had initially typed him as such and then second guessed myself and changed it. Perhaps I should have just trusted my first instinct after all...

I couldn't really mistake Toboe [he and Tsume are my favorites, really... :D] he's just too quick to trust others, and jumps to all sorts of conclusions and is very optimistic and doesn't really plan ahead...he's so cute. :D

I can see ISTJ in Kiba. He reminds me of another I know when I think about it.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
TheJimbo, mentioning Greed as an ESTP makes a whole lot of sense. :D

I think I could see Edward as an ENFP now that you mention it, definitely not ESTP like I originally thought. Any chance he might be an ENFJ?

Ed doesn't seem to follow any kind of plan. Sure, he has a goal but you don't need to be J to be passionate about something. His progress toward that goal is very loose-- always following whatever lead happens to pop up. Essentially going with the flow. I don't think ENFJ is too much of a stretch but I'd still guess P>J.

ENTP was my original guess with him. Mainly because of the first episode where he was listing all of the components in a human body followed by something along the lines of "humans really are that cheap to make" (which seems like something I'd say IRL just for the lulz). After watching further he seemed more F type, always reflecting on all the sappy moral crap he learned, etcetc. And what he said in the 1st episode seemed more and more out of character, considering he's always beating himself up over underestimating the cost of human life (seriously, what the hell).

Went back and read some of the manga today. Bradley is a textbook ESTJ. Kimbley is ENTJ. Envy is ENFP.

I think it's interesting that they chose the same basic personality for Kimbley as Mustang and Envy as Ed. They're effective foils of one another. Ed shows the clever, funny, optimistic & inspiring side of ENFP. Envy shows the selfish, hateful & vindictive side. Mustang shows the supportive & chivalrous side of the ENTJ, while Kimbley shows the cold & aggressive side.

EDIT!

'Father': INTJ
Ling: ESFP?
Scar: ISTJ
Guy Who Got Pwned In The Phone Booth Causing Fangirls To Bawww: ENFJ (possible ESFJ)

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
how about: AIR TV

Yukito Kunisaki: ISFP
Misuzu Kamio: INFP
Kano Kirishima: ESFP
Minagi Tohno: INFJ
Haruko Kamio: ESTP

Kanna: ENFP
Ryūya: ISTJ
Uraha: ISFJ

All i can say is there's alot of NFs in this show.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kabuto from Naruto - type and enneagram pweese:D