• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kimi to Boku

Shun: ISFJ
Kaname: ISTJ
Yuki: INTP
Yuta: INFJ
Chizuru: ESFP

xpeacexrainbowx

Anyone care to type these animes?
DBz
Goku-enfp
Vegeta-entj
Piccolo-estj
Krillin-esfj
Bulma-enfj/TP?
Naruto
Naruto-enfp
Sasuke-intj
Sakura-enfj
Kakashi-IXTP
Ino-estj
Hinata-isfj
Fairy tail
Natsu-enfp
Lucy-enfj
Happy-ENXP
erza-estj
gray-entj
makarov-enfj
One piece
Luffy-enfp
Nami-enxj
Zoro-xstp
Chopper-xxfp
Robin-intj
Usopp-entp
Sanji-estp/fj
Bleach
Ichigo-ISFP
Rukia-XSTJ
Orihime-INFP? or isfj
Uryu-INTJ
Chad-INFJ
Renji-ESTP
Rangiku-ESTP
Toshiro-ISTJ
Momo-ISFJ
Pokemon
Ash-enxp
Misty-enfj
Brock-extp
may-esfj/enfp
dawn-esfp
Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi-enxp
Kyon-istj
yuki-intj
mikuru-xsfj
itsuki-enfj/tp
K-ON
Yui-enfp
Ritsu-esfp
Mio-ixtj
School Days
Makoto-isxp
Kotonoha-infp
Sekai-enfp
Setsuna-intp
Hikari-isfj
Taisuke-esfp
Otome-estj
Rosario vampire
Tsukune-isfp
Inner moka-estj
Outer moka-xsfj
Kurumu-esfp
Yukari-infj
Mizore-intp
Gin-estp
Ruby-istj
Kokoa-extp
Ko-enxp
Death note
Light-entj
L-intp
Ryuk-entp
Misa-esfp
Near-intj
Mello-estp
Clannad
Tomoya-estp
Nagisa-isfj
Ryou-infj
Youhei-exfp
Fuko-Infp
Kotomi-intj
Lucky star
Konata-xntp
Kagami-estj
Tsukasa-isfx
Miyuki-infj/tp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Naruto
Naruto-esfp
Sasuke-intj
Sakura-esfj
Kakashi-ISTP
Ino-esfj
Hinata-isfj

Pokemon
Ash-esfp
Misty-esfj
Brock-isfp
may-esfj/enfp/enfj
dawn-esfp - not sure

Haruhi Suzumiya
Haruhi-entp
Kyon-istj
yuki-intp
mikuru-isfj
itsuki-enfj/tp

K-ON
Yui-enfp
Ritsu-esfp
Mio-istj

Death note
Light-entj
L-intp
Ryuk-entp
Misa-esfp
Near-intj
Mello-estp

:yes:

cytochromeP450

MBTI Type
INFJ
What about Natsume Yuujinchou
is Natsume an INFJ or an INFP ?
Nyanko sensei = ENTJ ???

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with you
But I always thought shun ( ISFJ or INFP )
Why you typed him as an ISFJ ?

Shun is consistently referred to as the most maternal and caring of the group. His main motivations seem to be keeping the group in harmony. He also is shown to be a little averse to change in his personal circle and a chronic worrier (which he overcomes throughout the second season) so all in all I believe he fits the ISFJ profile best. :yes: I can see why you might think INFP but I think he values Si over Ne. I think the times where he could seem Ne are when he's offering advice, but even then his motivation is definitely rooted in Fe.

I will say though that if anyone's close to INFP it'd be either Shun or Yuki, but they'd be very different types of INFP.

cytochromeP450

MBTI Type
INFJ
Shun is consistently referred to as the most maternal and caring of the group. His main motivations seem to be keeping the group in harmony. He also is shown to be a little averse to change in his personal circle and a chronic worrier (which he overcomes throughout the second season) so all in all I believe he fits the ISFJ profile best. :yes: I can see why you might think INFP but I think he values Si over Ne. I think the times where he could seem Ne are when he's offering advice, but even then his motivation is definitely rooted in Fe.

I will say though that if anyone's close to INFP it'd be either Shun or Yuki, but they'd be very different types of INFP.

I understand now, thank you :D

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso:

Arima, Kousei - INFJ
Miyazono, Kaori - ENFP

Sawabe, Tsubaki - ENFP
Watari, Ryouta - ENFJ

Aiza, Takeshi - INFJ
Igawa, Emi - INFP
Seto, Hiroko - ENFP

yup, NF all the way.

I believe Tsubaki is an ISFP and Watari is an ESFP. Tsubaki definitely has Fi which only leaves xxFP types. She also seems introverted as it's shown she generally is contained and seems to be more comfortable with not a huge group of people, unlike Watari. Also, I can't see her as a dominant Ne user. That leaves just IxFP and ISFP seems more likely than INFP.
Watari doesn't use auxiliary Ni and has Se as dominant function as it is very present throughout the whole show. He could have it as an auxiliary function but he doesn't seem at all introverted. That leaves ESTP and ESFP and I could see him as either but he reminds me more of the ESFP I know and I don't see him use as much Ti.

- - - Updated - - -

Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso:

Arima, Kousei - INFJ
Miyazono, Kaori - ENFP

Sawabe, Tsubaki - ENFP
Watari, Ryouta - ENFJ

Aiza, Takeshi - INFJ
Igawa, Emi - INFP
Seto, Hiroko - ENFP

yup, NF all the way.

I believe Tsubaki is an ISFP and Watari is an ESFP. Tsubaki definitely has Fi which only leaves xxFP types. She also seems introverted as it's shown she generally is contained and seems to be more comfortable with not a huge group of people, unlike Watari. Also, I can't see her as a dominant Ne user. That leaves just IxFP and ISFP seems more likely than INFP.
Watari doesn't use auxiliary Ni and has Se as dominant function as it is very present throughout the whole show. He could have it as an auxiliary function but he doesn't seem at all introverted. That leaves ESTP and ESFP and I could see him as either but he reminds me more of the ESFP I know and I don't see him use as much Ti.

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
My thoughts on some recent anime;

Yamada-kun to 7-nin No Majo
Shiraishi Urara- INFJ (perhaps ISFJ)
Yamada Ryuu- ESTP

Hibike Euphonium
Kousaka Reina- INTJ
Oumae Kumiko- ISTP?
Kawashima Sapphire (Midori)- ISFP
Katou Hazuki- ESFP
Tanaka Asuka- ENTP

Shokugeki No Souma
Yukihira Souma- ENTP
Tadokoro Megumi- ISFJ
Nakiri Erina- ESTJ

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Cranel Bell- ISFP
Hestia- ENFP (?)
Aiz Wallenstein- ISTJ
Liliruca Arde- ESFJ (?)

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Nagisa Shiota- ISFP
Akabane Karma- ISTP
Asano Gakuhou (and his son)- ENTJ
Jelavic Erina- ESTP (?)
Karasuma Tadaomi- ISTJ

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
Ichinomiya Eruna- ESFP
Fujishiro Otone- INFP (?)
Imizu Asuhi- IxFx
Kuzuryuu Kyouma- ISTP
Seisa Mikagura- IxTJ

Ore Monogatari
Gouda Takeo- ENFJ
Sunakawa Makoto- INTJ (a very healthy one)
Yamato Rinko- INFP

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU/Oregairu
Hikigaya Hachiman- INTJ
Yuigahama Yui- ENFP
Yukinoshita Yukino- ISTJ

Amagi Brilliant Park
Kanie Seiya- ENTJ
Sento Isuzu- ISTJ
Latifa Fleuranza- ISFJ
Moffle- ESTJ

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mirai Nikki
Yukiteru Amano-INFP (Ne-Si, distant from school.)
Yuno Gasai-ENFJ (calculating, controlling, and protective)
Aru Akise-INTX (not sure if Te-Ti)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Love Live!

Honoka: ENFP
Kotori: ISFJ
Umi: INFJ
Hanayo: INFP
Rin: ESFP
Maki: ISTJ
Nico: ENTJ
Nozomi: ENFJ
Eli: ESTJ

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Nagisa Shiota- ISFP
Akabane Karma- ISTP
Jelavic Erina- ESTP (?)
Karasuma Tadaomi- ISTJ

Nagisa seems more IJ temperament to me. :thinking: I could see any of those types fitting him barring INTJ.

Agree with Karma and Karasuma. :yes:

I agree with Asano's son, but I'm not sure about Asano himself. I got spoiled his backstory from my friend who read the manga and I think he's way too unhealthy to type judging by how his personality was before.

I was gonna say ENFJ for Irina, but actually when she's not working she seems a lot more like an Se-dom than an Fe-dom. Fe is more of a tool for her. She's definitely on the Fe/Se axis either way though. But I'd say you're right actually.

Also gonna add a character myself.

Rio Nakamura: ESFP

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
I agree with Rio being an ESFP. I'm only on chapter 90 of the manga so I don't know much about Asano himself.
Kotori always striked me as an INFP before and Hanayo as an ISFJ but I'm not very good at differentiating those two types myself so I'm not very confident in them. Umi seems ISTJ to me because I don't see much Fe or Ni in her from what I remember. I could see Nozomi as both ENFJ and INFJ but I think she is more dominant in Ni with her 'cards' and she always striked me as an introvert. I agree with all of your other Love Live character typings though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kotori always striked me as an INFP before and Hanayo as an ISFJ but I'm not very good at differentiating those two types myself so I'm not very confident in them.

They can present similarly, and also I think Kotori is 9w1 while Hanayo is 6w7 which could make them seem more NFP/SFJ-ish respectively but I'm not entirely sold on them yet. :thinking:

Umi seems ISTJ to me because I don't see much Fe or Ni in her from what I remember.

Yeah, she just struck me as a Chart-The-Course type so I just went with INFJ based on vibes. She's a little hard to type. But now that I think about it she seemed very ISTJ when she was planning on going hiking. :alttongue:

I could see Nozomi as both ENFJ and INFJ but I think she is more dominant in Ni with her 'cards' and she always striked me as an introvert. I agree with all of your other Love Live character typings though.

In season 2 I definitely see why she could strike you as an introvert. She's difficult to type for me even though she's a clear NFJ, I see her as pretty ambiverted because she's also great at bringing people out of their shell and bringing the group together.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh nice, a fellow fan. No opinions on Arima and Kaori?

If you agree that Kaori is an ENFP, then I think you should consider the similarities between her and Tsubaki. They're actually pretty similar. One primary similarity is their role in getting Arima back to piano. I think the author intended them to have those personas. They're the so called 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl' which is a consistent trope/device in many romance fiction depicting a damaged male artist. Check it out. Funnily enough, this trope is quite representative of ENFP to an extent and is probably inspired by it. Kaori and Tsubaki are both very expressive and outward focused, very unlike Emi who I think is INFP. They push the introverted Arima left and right in this fantastical happy-go-lucky kind of way.

Furthermore, Tsubaki is an N because episode 6, "Even though I've never felt worse, I wonder why the stars are sparkling so beautifully...." They all have their moments of internal poetry and prose which makes it difficult to not label them as N. It's the most unconvincing thing about them because they're suppose to be 14 yr olds.

He has aux Ni in the ways that he automatically has insights regarding Arima, Kaori and all the feelings revolving between their group. Watari is mainly an Fe-dominant vs. Se-dominant because of the way he socializes. He is adept at romantically socializing with a lot of women at the same time, and this energizes him more than soccer.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My thoughts on some recent anime;

Yamada-kun to 7-nin No Majo
Shiraishi Urara- INFJ (perhaps ISFJ)
Yamada Ryuu- ESTP

I'm telling you guys. Majority of anime is NF. It's all sappy lessons of morality being shoved in your brains. All this idealistic talk of helping others and saving your friends etc.

Shiraishi is either INFJ or INFP. I go with INFP because she has little Fe and is more of Fi type. Her being studious is her stressed inferior Te. Her lacking Fe and her Te-obsession is why she has difficulty making friends.

Yamada is another one of those 'hero' type characters prevalent in anime. He's all about helping other people. He's either ENFJ or INFJ.

At the end of the latest episode, there is this interesting conversation between Yamada and Shiraishi where Yamada just yells at her saying 'You idiot, you better not do that again' and then Shiraishi just nods and shows one of her rare smiles. That's Fi. She doesn't fight back, she just empathizes with Yamada and understands where his anger is coming from.

Shokugeki No Souma
Yukihira Souma- ENTP
Tadokoro Megumi- ISFJ
Nakiri Erina- ESTJ
Just switch Yamada with Souma. It's the same shounen main character trope, except Souma has a bit more Ni.

Megumi is ENFP. She's that same xnfp airheaded klutz character. She clearly cannot discipline herself and easily gets nervous when it's show time. Not a J type. She cooks best when there's no time pressure. That's P.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Cranel Bell- ISFP
Hestia- ENFP (?)
Aiz Wallenstein- ISTJ
Liliruca Arde- ESFJ (?)
Oh, look at we have here. Cranel is another INFJ. "I want to be a hero adventurer." Agree with Hestia.
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Nagisa Shiota- ISFP
Akabane Karma- ISTP
Jelavic Erina- ESTP (?)
Karasuma Tadaomi- ISTJ
This one's outside of the shounen hero archetype as it focuses on the group rather than the main character, but it's still very preachy. It's like danganronpa. Not sure about Nagisa, but Akabane Karma is INFJ for me though. He has Ti but plays too many Ni mind games.

Ore Monogatari
Gouda Takeo- ENFJ
Sunakawa Makoto- INTJ (a very healthy one)
Yamato Rinko- INFP
This is pretty good typing. I thought about Gouda being ENTJ but this also makes sense.

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU/Oregairu
Hikigaya Hachiman- INTJ
Yuigahama Yui- ENFP
Yukinoshita Yukino- ISTJ
8man -that's Ti not Te.
Yukino - INFJ

8man and Yukino has the same problem: Ni-Ti loop which is what led to their isolation. Agree with Yui.

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Anime may have more NF types than S types but that doesn't necessarily mean practically all characters who have the slightest N side are an N just because anime has more N than S types.
Also, someone who is idealistic isn't always N and someone who is N isn't always super idealistic.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anime may have more NF types than S types but that doesn't necessarily mean practically all characters who have the slightest N side are an N just because anime has more N than S types.
I think it's important to remember that, in the first place, anime characters are a figment of someone's imagination, so they don't really have a type. Anime creators create characters based of their own cognitive preferences and experiences, which I would argue is heavily NF due to demandingly creative nature of their jobs and the amount of preaching they seem to push in their works. I could argue endlessly about whether a character has more N or S. I could keep talking about Tsubaki's thought patterns, motivations, feelings, internal monologues and keep citing specific instances in the show but, in the end, that is secondary to the way the anime world is set up by real people.

Also, someone who is idealistic isn't always N and someone who is N isn't always super idealistic.
Isn't always, but most likely, especially in the way that anime portrays its idealistic heroes and heroines. They get pumped up and driven by it in extremely unusual levels. Think Shirou from Fate/stay ubw. Main characters are always getting out of their ways, too unordinary for the average person.

Though I guess these presumptions of mine are distracting me from providing more specific points to why I think characters are of a certain type. In the case of Tsubaki, just like Arima and Kaori, she has a lot of internal monologues in the show that I think makes her an N type, specifically an ENFP.

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
I think Tsubaki's inner dialogue points more to introversion than N. It also points more to Fi than Ne. I actually still have yet to watch the Fate series. It's on my watch list but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also never though Tsubaki and Kaori were alike to a far degree. Yes, they have similarities but the way they handle things and interact with people besides Arima are quite different.

Kyubey

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
8w7
Nagisa seems more IJ temperament to me. :thinking: I could see any of those types fitting him barring INTJ.

After reading some more of the manga, I think Nagisa is an INFJ. I don't have much of a very good explanation and I would like to hear your thoughts on what Nagisa's type is. He's very difficult to type for me :thinking:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think Tsubaki's inner dialogue points more to introversion than N. It also points more to Fi than Ne. I actually still have yet to watch the Fate series. It's on my watch list but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I also never though Tsubaki and Kaori were alike to a far degree. Yes, they have similarities but the way they handle things and interact with people besides Arima are quite different.

Her internal dialogue has a lot of Fi but it's also Ne in the metaphorical and abstract way she presents her inner thoughts to herself. She talks about stars when she really means her own condition. She talks about love at first sight in this fantastical creative way. I think the most obvious thing about her is her upbeat demeanor. Rarely are introverts like that. Also, her larger circle of friends beyond Arima and Watari. Plus, most people only show their true selves when their with people close to them.