• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Surr

MBTI Type
IDFK
Okay I'm gonna go and try typing Attack on Titan characters because I just finished it o_o

Eren - ESFP
Armin - INFP (possible Thinker)
Mikasa - ISFJ
Annie - INTJ
Levi - ISTJ
Hannes - ESFJ
Jean - ENTJ
Sasha - ESFP
Erwin - INTJ

Could be totally wrong though.. :unsure:

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Madoka: IXFP
Sayaka: ENFP
Homura: INFJ? She's the hardest for me to type. She seems like she could be an unhealthy INFJ.
Mami: XSFJ
Kyoko: ESTP? She's also a little difficult to type for some reason.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Madoka: IXFP

I agree. INFP 9w1 so/sx

Sayaka: ENFP

I never gave her much thought but probably. ENFP 2w3 so/sx

Homura: INFJ? She's the hardest for me to type. She seems like she could be an unhealthy INFJ.

I think she's a pretty clear INFJ actually. :yes: INFJ 6w5 sx/sp

Mami: XSFJ

Extroverted imo. We didn't get much into her fears or motivations other than she became a magical girl to avoid death, but I think what sounds good for her is ESFJ 3w2 so/sp.

Kyoko: ESTP? She's also a little difficult to type for some reason.

Yeah, ESTP 7w8 sp/sx.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I agree. INFP 9w1 so/sx

I never gave her much thought but probably. ENFP 2w3 so/sx

I think she's a pretty clear INFJ actually. :yes: INFJ 6w5 sx/sp

Extroverted imo. We didn't get much into her fears or motivations other than she became a magical girl to avoid death, but I think what sounds good for her is ESFJ 3w2 so/sp.

Yeah, ESTP 7w8 sp/sx.

Thanks! I'm surprised PMMM isn't brought up more around here, I've seen only a couple other people try to type the characters. I forgot to add Kyuubey, guessing it's probably INTJ. Though considering it's an alien with vastly different values to humans, maybe it's untypeable.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks! I'm surprised PMMM isn't brought up more around here, I've seen only a couple other people try to type the characters. I forgot to add Kyuubey, guessing it's probably INTJ. Though considering it's an alien with vastly different values to humans, maybe it's untypeable.

Mhm, Kyubey is a maniac (but I love him hehe). I'd say INTJ 5w6 sp/so.

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
The idiots over at TV Tropes say that Hisoka and Killua are INFP. I could see INFP for Killua, but there's no way that Hisoka is INFP.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The idiots over at TV Tropes say that Hisoka and Killua are INFP. I could see INFP for Killua, but there's no way that Hisoka is INFP.

Yeah, that is weird! I do think Killua is an INFP and was surprised to see him listed as one. But Hisoka? I'd love to hear a rationale for it because it doesn't seem likely.

Bokukakkoii

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Shuuen no Shiori:

A-ya: INTJ

B-ko: ENFJ

C-ta: INFP

D-ne: INFJ

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haikyuu!!

(I'm 15 episodes in so these may change but right now I'm pretty certain) It's over now and my types haven't changed.

Hinata: ESFP 7w6
Kageyama: ENTJ 8w7
Daichi: ESTJ 8w9
Sugawara: ESFJ 2w1
Tanaka: ESTP 7w8
Tsukishima: INTJ 5w6
Nishinoya: ESFP 7w8
Asahi: ISFJ 9w1
Ukai: ISTP 9w8
Oikawa: ENFJ 3w2
Kenma: INFJ 5w4

*isn't gonna stress over instinct variants just yet*

Last edited:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haikyuu!!

Hinata: ESFP
Kageyama: ENTJ

Hinata: ENFP
Kageyama: INFJ

Kageyama is too much of a loner, he's bossy but emotionally bossy. Hinata is too idealistic.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hinata: ENFP
Kageyama: INFJ

Kageyama is too much of a loner, he's bossy but emotionally bossy.

Kageyama was a loner in his unhealthy state, but at the end of season he's even more externally-oriented than he was before. Inferior Fi held influence over him trying to shape his team and matches the way he idealized them and wanted them to go. In the end he was still a commanding "In Charge" type (ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ENFJ). The only INFJ on that show so far is Kenma, while an INTJ is Tsuki. All EJs can have control issues but Kageyama's issue was with maximizing efficiency (Te), while Fe takes into account other people's feelings and usually accommodates for them. Being "emotionally bossy" has nothing to do with Te vs Fe. Kageyama is often much more comfortable making detached decisions based on reason rather than value judgments, comparing how he organized himself during the practice matches vs when he wanted to personally one-up Oikawa by throwing off the team's synergy.

Hinata is too idealistic.

Idealistic =/= NF. Hinata is the caricature of Se. He's a thrill-seeker, he moves on instinct, he has a deep and intense connection with the physical dynamics of volleyball, and sees things directly and perceives things in a straight-forward manner. There's no Ne creating what-ifs or playing through imagined possibilities and scenarios. The only time he's ever done that is when he got worried about letting his teammates down, which is chalked up to his 6 wing. Even going by the N/S dichotomy Hinata is more S>N. The idealistic side of Hinata is his F/Fi, which ESFPs also have a preference for. SFs can be just as idealistic as NFs, except they're generally less conceptual which sounds exactly like Hinata.

PS 5w7 isn't a real type. :laugh:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kageyama was a loner in his unhealthy state,

In the first place, an ENTJ's "unhealthy state" would be anything but a loner state.

but at the end of season he's even more externally-oriented than he was before.

being suddenly more externally oriented does not mean it is his preferred state.

Inferior Fi held influence over him trying to shape his team and matches the way he idealized them and wanted them to go.

An Inferior Fi is more about the lack of emotional concerns rather than overly obsessing one's own concerns. An ENTJ with Inferior Fi problems is one that proceeds according to the plan without considering the emotions at play. Being overly attached to an ideal of a team is more of an NiFe issue. On the other hand, the ENTJ's issues are about detachment.

In the end he was still a commanding "In Charge" type (ENTJ, ESTP, ESTJ, ENFJ).

There's no official "In Charge" type, but there is a dichotomy that refers to something similar which is the J vs. P. All J types have preference to be "In Charge"; this includes the INTJ(the Mastermind) and the INFJ(Counselor). The difference between these two is that the latter is more emotionally involved which Kageyama is.

The only INFJ on that show so far is Kenma, while an INTJ is Tsuki.

For me, Tsuki is ENFJ. I don't know about Kenma. I think you misinterpret Fe as a "soft" and passive function. Tsuki's primary motivation for bullying Kageyama can be found in Fe. He hates the elitism and the social values revolving Kageyama's and his fame of being a prodigy.

All EJs can have control issues but Kageyama's issue was with maximizing efficiency (Te), while Fe takes into account other people's feelings and usually accommodates for them. Being "emotionally bossy" has nothing to do with Te vs Fe. Kageyama is often much more comfortable making detached decisions based on reason rather than value judgments, comparing how he organized himself during the practice matches vs when he wanted to personally one-up Oikawa by throwing off the team's synergy.

Kageyama's control issues comes from his ideals and his simple desire to win. That requires maximizing efficiency is not necessarily related to preferring Te. It's more about being emotional rather than being bossy that indicates that Kageyama is a Feeler.

Idealistic =/= NF. Hinata is the caricature of Se. He's a thrill-seeker, he moves on instinct, he has a deep and intense connection with the physical dynamics of volleyball, and sees things directly and perceives things in a straight-forward manner. There's no Ne creating what-ifs or playing through imagined possibilities and scenarios. The only time he's ever done that is when he got worried about letting his teammates down, which is chalked up to his 6 wing. Even going by the N/S dichotomy Hinata is more S>N. The idealistic side of Hinata is his F/Fi, which ESFPs also have a preference for. SFs can be just as idealistic as NFs, except they're generally less conceptual which sounds exactly like Hinata.

I still think he is too moved by idealism and all that camraderie talk between them about not giving up. He might not have many clever ideas but he is overly inspired and focused on that stuff. Maybe you'll see his what-ifs later on.

Most anime main characters imo are NFs.

PS 5w7 isn't a real type.

It is now. ;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In the first place, an ENTJ's "unhealthy state" would be anything but a loner state.

He was unhealthy either way in the beginning and that was when he was a loner.

being suddenly more externally oriented does not mean it is his preferred state.

Yes, but he's clearly more comfortable and healthy that way.

An Inferior Fi is more about the lack of emotional concerns rather than overly obsessing one's own concerns. An ENTJ with Inferior Fi problems is one that proceeds according to the plan without considering the emotions at play. Being overly attached to an ideal of a team is more of an NiFe issue. On the other hand, the ENTJ's issues are about detachment.

That's when Fi is being ignored because it's in the inferior position. When Fi is pushing on stressful ETJs it can cause them to be unfairly controlling with hidden (or not-so-hidden) agendas. I've heard my go-to ETJ buddy [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] talk about that quite a few times I think.

There's no official "In Charge" type, but there is a dichotomy that refers to something similar which is the J vs. P. All J types have preference to be "In Charge"; this includes the INTJ(the Mastermind) and the INFJ(Counselor). The difference between these two is that the latter is more emotionally involved which Kageyama is.

Interaction Styles

But I'm assuming you mean Directive vs Responsive (with STPs and SFJs being the exception to each). But Kageyama is clearly In Charge over Chart The Course to me. If you can't agree with me on that then we're never going to agree on his type and discussing this further would be pointless. :shrug: I agree he's Directive at least.

For me, Tsuki is ENFJ. I don't know about Kenma. I think you misinterpret Fe as a "soft" and passive function. Tsuki's primary motivation for bullying Kageyama can be found in Fe. He hates the elitism and the social values revolving Kageyama's and his fame of being a prodigy.

No I don't and I don't know why you bothered to say that. I know Fe isn't soft. Tsuki seems like a clear introvert to me, even with the reasonable misanthropic extrovert idea you've suggested. He just seems so/sp to me from what you've described.

Kageyama's control issues comes from his ideals and his simple desire to win. That requires maximizing efficiency is not necessarily related to preferring Te. It's more about being emotional rather than being bossy that indicates that Kageyama is a Feeler.

Feeling =/= emotional. End of story.

I still think he is too moved by idealism and all that camraderie talk between them about not giving up. He might not have many clever ideas but he is overly inspired and focused on that stuff. Maybe you'll see his what-ifs later on.

How is this a preference for intuition though...What you just said sounds like E7 to me.

Most anime main characters imo are NFs.

I don't agree with typing by majority, but there are plenty of ESFP main characters. Ash Ketchum, Naruto Uzumaki, Usagi Tsukino, etc. The only ENFP anime MC I can think of right now is Sakura from CCS.

It is now. ;)

:tongue10:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Bokukakkoii

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w3
why do you type C-ta as INFP?

I think he would be an INFP. He's clearly an introvert, I think; he never shows his real thoughts. He uses intuition for telling what's happening (when he thinks A-ya is an imposter there aren't any proofs). Feeling; I think all his actions are influenced by his feelings; for example, when he kills A-ya. And perceiving: I think it's demonstrated that he doesn't really plan what he's going to do until the moment comes.

So, saying that, I think I'll change B-ko's MBTI from ENFJ to INFJ.

skywar

MBTI Type
IXXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think he would be an INFP. He's clearly an introvert, I think; he never shows his real thoughts. He uses intuition for telling what's happening (when he thinks A-ya is an imposter there aren't any proofs). Feeling; I think all his actions are influenced by his feelings; for example, when he kills A-ya. And perceiving: I think it's demonstrated that he doesn't really plan what he's going to do until the moment comes.

So, saying that, I think I'll change B-ko's MBTI from ENFJ to INFJ.

Hmm.. I see :)
btw what is your MBTI?