• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
that was more because of his tritype. he is actually a near perfect example of an 847 :)

I'll keep that in mind, but I'm not believing it until I see it IRL, lol.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cowboy Bebop

I'm sure someone else has done this one, but

Spike - ISTP
Ed - ENTP
Faye or what ever her name is - ENFJ

KDude

Cowboy Bebop

I'm sure someone else has done this one, but

Spike - ISTP
Ed - ENTP
Faye or what ever her name is - ENFJ

Just to add, can you type Jet? Seems ISJ at least.

Faye could go either ESTP or ENFJ to me. Seems like some people swing back and forth on their Fe or Se. Or maybe it's just in my head.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just to add, can you type Jet? Seems ISJ at least.

Faye could go either ESTP or ENFJ to me. Seems like some people swing back and forth on their Fe or Se. Or maybe it's just in my head.

No, you're right, the Fe/Se combination is what I've always noticed in Faye as well. I think she would fit ESTP a bit better overall though.

I agree with Spike as ISTP, Ed as ENTP, and Jet as ISxJ as well, leaning towards ISFJ.

For Enneagram/SLOAN:

Spike: 9w8-7w8-3w4 sx/sp or sp/sx - rCUei
Jet: 6w5-2w1-1w2 sp/so - sxOAx
Faye: 3w4-7w8-8w7 sx/sp - scUEn
Ed: 7w8-9w8-3w4 sx/so? - sCUeI

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, you're right, the Fe/Se combination is what I've always noticed in Faye as well. I think she would fit ESTP a bit better overall though.

I agree with Spike as ISTP, Ed as ENTP, and Jet as ISxJ as well, leaning towards ISFJ.

For Enneagram/SLOAN:

Spike: 9w8-7w8-3w4 sx/sp or sp/sx - rCUei
Jet: 6w5-2w1-1w2 sp/so - sxOAx
Faye: 3w4-7w8-8w7 sx/sp - scUEn
Ed: 7w8-9w8-3w4 sx/so? - sCUeI

You guessed their enneagram and SLOAN types almost like I did;), although I think Faye could be 7w8 and somewhat limbic, Ed 7w6 and moderately agreeable, and Spike moderately noncurious.
I think Jet is probably the most emotionally stable person of the crew though and he seems pretty intellectually curious too.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guessed their enneagram and SLOAN types almost like I did;), although I think Faye could be 7w8 and somewhat limbic, Ed 7w6 and moderately agreeable, and Spike moderately noncurious.
I think Jet is probably the most emotionally stable person of the crew though and he seems pretty intellectually curious too.

Heh, you pointed out pretty much all the points I was unsure on. I agree with most of your comments.

I wasn't sure about Ed's wing, she seems like a pure 7 to me. Neither wing fits well, but she seemed more independent and less anxious/companionate which is why I just went with 8, but it is true that she lacks the forcefulness of an 8 wing, so I could see 7w6 too.

You're right about Faye, after thinking about her more she's definitely more limbic even if she usually acts calm on the surface.

However, I would say Spike is the most calm member of the crew.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Here's an anime that might spark some interest: Haibane Renmei. Probably the most INFJ-oriented anime I've ever seen.

Last edited:

KDude

However, I would say Spike is the most calm member of the crew.

I think Ed and Jet are more calm. Spike is easily irritable, hates children, women, dogs, creates a lot of collateral damage, and has some demons from his past he'd rather die over than talk about. Unless you feed him meat. Then he's calm.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You had typed him as 9w1 in the video game characters thread, no? Mind if I ask you what made you change your mind? :)

yeah. she's not harmony driven and doesn't seem to care enough about other people to do be a 9.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...arguing against oneself FTW?

Am redressing this:

Izaya - Enneagram 5[w4?]: amassing knowledge and understanding people is what he does; observes "humans" from the position of outsider-looking-in; adopts an attitude of careless, fuck-you-all superiority to render himself invulnerable to the threat posed by others.
And Sx/so: intense, iconoclastic, very counterphobic (I mean, what could be more counterphobic than his endless provocation of Shizuo?!), arrogant and at ease in/okay with most general social situations [unlike other 5 variants], determined to make a mark on the social sphere. But there's also a sense of deep, latent insecurity in him: probably comes from the groundlessness of Sx/so without any anchoring close relationship, and also that 4 wing.

Izaya - INTJ 8w7 Sx/so.

Because what defines him, fundamentally, is that sense of present-ness in the world, assertion of will over others, and absolute self-determination.

Typically 8-ishly, he frames himself in opposition to the world, disregarding external rule-systems and codes of morality in favour of an internal series of commitments that are freely chosen and idiosyncratic. He devotes much of his energy to, and gains the majority of his sense of selfhood from, challenging and undermining the world-order around him: he's the archetypal trickster-figure. (Incidentally, he reminded me from the off of [Norse trickster god] Loki; I'd supposed this was just a subjective response, but have just discovered thru' reading up on mythology and following several leads that it's not, it's entirely conscious and deliberate; Shizuo and Izaya are analogies for Thor and Loki! AAA. SO. AWESOME -- hidden layers of meaning FTW!! my Ni is getting the massivest kick out of this, let me tell you!! :p)

He's an informant not because of a desire for information/knowledge in itself, but because he wants to know that he's running things. He's king of his world; or, perhaps, something even more...And there's a sense of completely natural self-love and self-confidence there too, a sure mark of that 7 wing (I mean, just look at how he skips around the place, just completely like "damn but I'm awesome" - meanwhile everyone else is like "gah the BASTARD!":D). His flexing/extension of his influence is constant pushing-outwards of ego boundaries: there's a sense of "I'm worthwhile because I'm powerful, and I'm powerful because I control this person, and this situation, and this one, and this one, and this one..."

He provokes Shizuo for the same reason he does everything: for the sheer goddamn kick of it. (It's just that provoking Shizuo is a particularly good source of this, because it's such an insane risk - and therefore such a irresistible challenge - to go and rile up someone so dangerous...) It's the typical "lust" of an 8[w7], that constant, ever-present, drive for experiential intensity (and more of a focus on a drive for sensation than the more stick-in-the mud w9): he does things because they make him feel alive. This is why he's constantly manipulating others: he's using them to incite and sustain that intensity. His (crazy) end-vision of bringing "chaos" ("Ragnorok", even) to Ikebukuro is a marker of a longing for a world where events are amplified to the highest pitch possible; and thus where his compulsive need for always more can finally be satisfied.

...and the insecurity? Probably out of a repressed awareness of a need for functioning close relationships, that he can't fully admit to himself because it would open him up to being vulnerable, and being vulnerable is the last thing he can be...

Here's an anime that might spark some interest: Haibane Renmei. Probably the INFJ-oriented anime I've ever seen.

Am watching it atm! It's just lovely!! Definitely know what you mean...<3

Last edited:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BIG O anyone?

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Technically not an anime, but a game with anime art. And technically more of a visual novel than a full fledged game. I didn't want to make a new thread.

999 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

Ace: ENTJ 8w7 sp/so
Snake: INFJ 9w1 so/sp
Santa: ISTP 2w3 sp/sx
Clover: ESFP 4 sx/sp
Junpei: ENFP 4 so/sp
June: ENFJ 2w1 sx/so
Seven: ISFJ 1w9 so/sp
Lotus: INTJ 5w4 sp/so
Ninth Man: INTP 5w6 sp/so

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Technically not an anime, but a game with anime art. And technically more of a visual novel than a full fledged game. I didn't want to make a new thread.

999 - Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

Ace: ENTJ 8w7 sp/so
Snake: INFJ 9w1 so/sp
Santa: ISTP 2w3 sp/sx
Clover: ESFP 4 sx/sp
Junpei: ENFP 4 so/sp
June: ENFJ 2w1 sx/so
Seven: ISFJ 1w9 so/sp
Lotus: INTJ 5w4 sp/so
Ninth Man: INTP 5w6 sp/so

Amazing game. Here are my slightly revised estimates, from what I posted recently in the video games thread:

Ace: iNTJ 8w9-3w-5w6 sp/so
Snake: INTP 5w4-9w1-3w4 so/sp
Santa: xSTP 7w8-8w7-3w4 sx/sp
Clover: ESFP 7w6 or 6w7-4w3-8w7 sx/so
Junpei: ExTP 8w7 or 6(w either wing)-2w1 so/sp
June/Akane: INFP 9w1-6w5-2w1 sx/so
Seven: ESFJ? 7w6?-1w2-2w1? So/sp
Lotus: ISTP 4w3-8w7-5w4 sp/sx
Kubota/9th Man: ISTJ? 6w5 sp/so

Ace: I could see either xNTJ here (the xNTJ is obvious). I don't think a clear argument can be made for either one - he uses people as means to his ends, and is pretty much forced to interact with the other characters throughout the game just as they are. He comes off as relatively friendly but beyond that mask we don't really know what his natural preference is. As for Enneagram, I would say 8w9. He's too patient, calm, and "steady" to be 8w7. He exudes that reserved strength of the 8w9 rather than the more overt assertiveness of an 8w7. Even after he goes into open villian mode and admits everything.

Snake: I could see INFJ for Snake, it would be my second guess. The INxx and Ti are pretty obvious for him, at least. The flashback seen from 9 years before when he calmed down the other kids and handed out the four-leaf clovers also points to INFJ over INTP. 5w4 vs 9w1 is a close call as well, I'll admit.

Santa: ESTP 7w8 sx/sp Santa is abrasive, outspoken, and edgy. He also acts independent. There is no way he's a 2. What about him would make you guess 2? If you're referring to his relationship with his sister, that protectiveness and care needn't be attatched to type. After being orphaned, wouldn't it be natural for an older brother to look out for and care for his innocent younger sister, and especially so when she's in danger? His attatchment to her speaks of him being sx dom more than anything else. The fact that he's xSTP is pretty obvious, but the above traits also point to extraversion (and 7w8). ISTP would be my second guess though.

Clover: Ok, I could see her as a 4. If so, she's definitely 4w3. Clover just acts more extraverted than most 4s (although the moodiness fits), and has the cheerfullness/excitibility of a 7.

Junpei: ExTP 8w7: Junpei can obviously be characterized differently depending on the players choices, but throughout the game, and during the major scenes which you have little to no control over he acts quickly, decisively, and "gets things done" - all 8 traits. Despite being far from having seniority in the group Junpei naturally takes charge in many scenes and acts as a catalyst. He is also analytical and observant, which points to Ti (he is the one solving all those puzzles almost single-handedly, after all, and under pressure). I'm curious as to why you chose 4 for him (and ENFP to a lesser extent), as I see no trace of 4 in him whatsoever.

June: Assuming her observable personality and actions throughout the game were not a total facade, June is archetypal of an INFP 9w1. She is quite timid, easygoing, and unassertive unless someone suggests something that goes against her humanistic values (or her plan, I suppose), and has an active imagination, loving supernatural explanations for things. She also lets on much less than she knows (primarily in order to recreate her vision), but nevertheless this is in my opinion a common INFP trait. Most of all I feel that she is not at all an extravert, a prime trait of 2s. INFJ is the only other type I could see her as.

Seven: ESFJ 7 (either wing): From the start I wasn't sure of Seven's type except that he was certainly ESxx. After considering your typing of ISFJ I decided he does seem to be what an xSFJ male cop would look like, but he's definitely extraverted, probably the most extraverted of all the characters except possibly Clover. The Si is apparent in his highly observant nature and natural detective skills. He's often making lighthearted jokes and acting relatively hedonistic the way a 7 would. Admittedly, his forgotten past as a cop determined to see justice does fit 1 better than 7, but if he were a 1 I would definitely type him as a 1w2. He's not at all remote the way a 1w9 would tend towards being. He's very enthusiastic and expressive; more emotional and people-oriented like a 2 rather than the more stoic, calm 1w9.

Lotus: 4w3: Initially my guess was ESTP or ISTP for Lotus, the T being the only thing I was confident of, but INTJ is an interesting possibility. Why do you think so? As for Enneagram, I thought 3w4 at first but Thunderbringer convinced me 4w3 was a better fit. As he said, she has a flair for the dramatic from how she was dressed to her behavior throughout the game (the conversation between her, June, and Junpei in the hallway while looking for Snake comes to mind, along with her subsequent "proposal" about sacrificing someone in the hospital room). Also, her voluntary choice behind door 2 shows the defeatist side of 4. I'm curious, what makes you think 5w4 for her?

9th man: ISxJ 6w5: While we probably don't get to observe the 9th man for long enough to get a good guess at his type, his complete willingness to trust Hongou, his former (current?) associate and boss is something very uncharacteristic of the questioning, independent-minded 5. It can be a 6 trait however (as well as an ISxJ trait, hence my guess), and he *really* comes off as an unhealthy 6 in his defining scene; radiating paranoia, anxiousness, and putting all his hope in someone he thinks he can trust (Hongou). He seems like a very nervous person in general, characteristic of 6s, not 5s.

Last edited:

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Amazing game indeed. Just completed all of it last night. Never thought I'd get so emotional solving a simple sudoku puzzle.

Ace: 8w9 does make a lot more sense I suppose.

Santa: Can't really see him as 7. But 8w7 is what I'd type him next. I'm still leaning towards introversion. He doesn't seem like a people-person.

Junpei: E(N)TP was actually my initial typing, and so was 8w7. But for some reason, I thought his Fe was a little too strong for an ExTP that I was at one point leaning towards ExFJ. Then I made a half-assed compromise by going ENFP. Thinking about it now, E(N)TP 8w7 does suit him best. I forgot how I arrived at enneagram 4.

June: INFP was one of my top choices here, but I question her being Fi-dom. She seems just a little more Fe to me. I can agree on 9w1 though.

Seven: I can't see how he's a "definite extrovert". I thought the E/I dichotomy was a toss up . I agree on 1w2.

Lotus: xSTP 4 is probably the most obvious choice, and it was my initial typing as well, but I thought I'd try slapping "INTJ" on just for the heck of it. There's also that certain post I read on how ISTPs are like INTJs, but without the agenda, and her having an agenda in the game (perhaps off-screen) is somewhat debatable. She kinda reminds me of some female INTJs at INTJf, and I personally can relate to her as well. Ni-Te-Fi-Se seem to fit just dandy too.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chibi Vampire :D

Karin: E?F? 6w7 Sx/So
Kenta Usui: ISTJ 9w8 Sp/Sx
Kenta's mom: ENFP 7w6 Sx/So
Henry Maaka: ENTP 7w6 So/Sx
Calera Maaka: ESTJ 8w7 or 3w4 Sp/Sx
Anju Maka: INFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx
Ren Maaka: INTJ 7w8 Sx/Sp
Elda: ESTP 2w3 Sx/So
Winner Sinclair: ENFJ 4w3 Sx/So
Victor Sinclair: ESTJ 8w7 So/Sp
Maki: ISTJ 6w5 Sp/Sx

Edit: Usui is Self Preservation as hell, definitely Sp/Sx as opposed to So/Sx
Edit 2: Usui is 9w8.
Edit 3: Winner is definitely a 4w3 Sx/So
Edit 4: oops! I forgot Usui's mom
Edit 5: Anju is a 9

Last edited:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This needs a sticky

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh come on, this thread has type for Umineko no naku koro ni characters but not Higurashi no naku koro ni?!

Someone type the characters from Higurashi!

I would, but I can't even figure out my own type...

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
rather than repost everthing, I'm going to make some adjustments to a few characters
Kagome (Inuyasha) So/Sp, not So/Sx
Lelouch (Code Geass) 8w9 Sp/Sx not 1w9 Sx/Sp
Saito Hajime (Rurouni Kenshin) : 8w7 not 1w9