• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Monster:
I'm just going off the manga, but Dr. Tenma is either INFJ or ENFJ.
INFJ. There's not much hint of extroversion in him at all.

Johan is probably INFJ also.
Agreed.

Eva Heinemann is an ESxP.
ESFJ.

Others who've been discussed:
Bonaparta - introverted NF (in other words, INFP or INFJ)
Roberto - ESTP
Nina - ISFP or ISFJ
Lunge - INTJ (although I've seen INTP and ISTJ for him, he strikes me as an INTJ with 8w9 or 5w6 enneagram)

I'd like to type Grimmer, but it is difficult, considering his past and the strong effect it's had on his emotions. He's surely an introvert and probably a feeler, though.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How is Eva ESFJ? She strikes me as pretty childish and hysterical, like an unhealthy ESFP.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is Eva ESFJ? She strikes me as pretty childish and hysterical, like an unhealthy ESFP.

I find her to be very structured, definite "J".

There are unhealthy ESFJs who are very childish, manipulative, hysterical, emotionally needy, and selfish. If you've never encountered one like this, consider yourself lucky.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Durarara!!

Really don't know the names 100% so if I mispell :p

Mikado Ryūgamine - ISFP

Masaomi Kida- ENFP

Celty - ISFP

Shizuo Heiwajima - ESTP <- Maybe i'm not paying attention to him to much or what. Through I don't see the ENTP people claim

Izaya Orihara - Evil ENTJ

Shinra Kishitani - IXFP

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Black Butler (Season 1)

I don't know all of their names fyi

Ciel - ISTJ without a doubt, over confident through.

Sebistian - INTJ

Grell - ENFP - without a doubt, inventive and obviously over emotional

The Queen - She's not seen much, so i'd have to say ESFJ

Spears - Antisocial - ISTJ

May-Ren EXFX to be frank I honestly don't have a clue

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm really surprised no one has tackled Fruits Basket. If Tohru Honda isn't a stereotypical 2w1 ISFJ, I don't know who is.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm really surprised no one has tackled Fruits Basket. If Tohru Honda isn't a stereotypical 2w1 ISFJ, I don't know who is.

I'll tackle it sometime, I've heard it's pretty good.

Total guesses with many of these:
Tenjou Tenge:
Aya: ENFP 7
Maya: ISTP 5
Bob: ISTP 6
Souichirou: ESTP 7

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the more Code Geass I watch, the less Lelouch looks like a 1 and the more he looks like an 8w7.
- his sense of justice is like that of an 8, not a 1. he defends the weak and wants to free the oppressed from a tyrannical government
- he has no sense of "should " or "supposed to". he doesn't care about doing everything the "right" way like a 1.
- he has a subtly goofy w7 side
- his main reason for wanting to overthrow Britannia was that he feels a strong sense of protection for the weak.
- as a child he was unusually bold and tenacious. much more like an 8 child than a 1 child
- he's a bad boy. he gambles, skips class and doesn't care at all about rules or convention.

I think he's INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Redoing my previous typings:

Katanagatari
Shichika: ESFP 4w3 sp/so
Togame: INTJ 1w9 sp/so
Nanami: INTJ 4w5 sp/so
Hitei: ENTP 8w7 sp/sx
Emonzaemon: ISTJ 6w5 sp/so

The Tatami Galaxy
'Watashi': ISFP 7 sx/so
Ozu: ESFJ 2w3 so/sx
Akashi: INTJ 5w6 sp/so
Higuchi: INFP 4w5 sp/sx
Jougasaki: ENFP 8w7 so/sx
Hanuki: ISFP 9 sx/so

Macross Frontier
Ranka: ENFJ 3w2 sx/so
Sheryl: ESTP 7 sp/sx
Alto: ESTJ 3w4 sp/so
Ozma: ESFP 8w7 sp/so
Brera: ISTJ 6w5 sp/so
Michael: ESTJ 3w2 sp/so
Klan: ESFJ 3w2 sp/so
Luca: INFJ 9 so/sx
Leon: ENTJ 3 sp/so
Grace: INTJ 5w6 sp/so

------
Kaiba
Kaiba: INFP 4w3 sx/so
Neiro: ESFJ 2w1 sx/so
Popo: ESTJ 3 sp/so
Vanilla: ESFP 7 sp/so
Warp: ESTJ 3w4 sp/so

Mononoke
Kusuriuri: INxx 2 sp/so

Kuuchuu Buranko
Irabu: ENFP 7 sx/sp
Mayumi: ISFP 4w5 sp/sx

Last edited:

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone care to tyoe . hack sign characters?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Utena (revised)

Ikuhara (director, also directed the currently-airing-in-Japan Mawaru Penguindrum) - INFP

Utena - ENFP 6w7
Anthy - INFP
Akio/Dios - ENFJ 8w9

Touga - ENTJ 8w7
Saionji - ESFJ 6w5
Nanami - ENFP 3w4 (I've seen Nanami typed as ESFP, but her ideas seem way too bizarre)
Juri - INFJ
Miki - ISFJ 1w2

Mikage - INTJ
Nemuro - INTP 5w4

Kanae - not enough screen-time/information (guess: ISFJ or ISFP)
Kozue - ESFP 7w8
Shiori - INFP 4w3
Wakaba - ENFP
Keiko - not enough screen-time/information (guess: ESFJ)
Tsuwabuki - ESFJ 2w1
ChuChu - ESTP 7w6
Shadow Girls - ENFP 7w6

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So. I'll have a stab at DRRR!!, my current obsession:

Izaya - AWESOME.

...oh, what's that? I was meant to be typing him? :D

INTJ, first off. (Oh yes, yet another INTJ anime antihero/antagonist, complete with chessboard to represent his ominous/epic master plan!! XD)
Enneagram 5[w4?]: amassing knowledge and understanding people is what he does; observes "humans" from the position of outsider-looking-in; adopts an attitude of careless, fuck-you-all superiority to render himself invulnerable to the threat posed by others.
And Sx/so: intense, iconoclastic, very counterphobic (I mean, what could be more counterphobic than his endless provocation of Shizuo?!), arrogant and at ease in/okay with most general social situations [unlike other 5 variants], determined to make a mark on the social sphere. But there's also a sense of deep, latent insecurity in him: probably comes from the groundlessness of Sx/so without any anchoring close relationship, and also that 4 wing.

Shizuo - ISxP 9w8 sx/sp. Aw, bless him, with his strident 9-ish hatred of violence all conflicted with the forcefulness of the wing...And he at once has a dynamic, charged presence (does he ever!) and a kind of lonerish vibe to him, which IMO makes him sx/sp without question.

Celty - INFP, 4 sp/sx? She does spend the whole series "searching for her head" (read:searching for a coherent identity), after all :D Initially she seems aloof, cold even, but beneath this holds a deeply-felt sense of values: INFP. And sp/sx for this marked gulf between the restrained, "together", assertive dynamic to her interaction style that seems very sp-first, and close one-to-one relationships with those she feels really understand her, suggesting sp/sx.

Shinra - ExFJ...? Gah, I dunno. He's too crazy to type XD

Kida - ESFP 7w6. And sx/so LIKE ANYTHING.

Mikado - ISFP...6, maybe?

Anri INFP 9w1 sx/sp? The being unable to draw clear boundaries between the self and other, the whole idea of being a "parasite", "feeding" off another's energy/selfhood, feels very unhealthy/insecure 9. Of course, the existence of Saika makes it kinda hard to type her, but she feels roughly sx/sp.

Saika itself seems to be a symbolic configuration the Sx instinct, gone about as wrong as it can go.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone care to tyoe . hack sign characters?

with pleasure
Tsukasa: INFP 5w4 Sp/Sx 5-9-4
Mimiru: ESFJ 2w3 So/Sx 2-6-8
Bear: ENTJ 8w? Sp/?? 8-5-3
BT: ISTP 6w5 Sx/Sp 6-3-8
Silver Knight: ESTJ 1w2 So/Sp 1-3-6
Tsubaru: INFJ 2w1 So/Sx 2-6-1
Sora: INTJ 2w3 Sx/So 2-7-8
Crim: ENFP 7w8 Sx/Sp 7-8-4

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the more Code Geass I watch, the less Lelouch looks like a 1 and the more he looks like an 8w7.
- his sense of justice is like that of an 8, not a 1. he defends the weak and wants to free the oppressed from a tyrannical government
- he has no sense of "should " or "supposed to". he doesn't care about doing everything the "right" way like a 1.
- he has a subtly goofy w7 side
- his main reason for wanting to overthrow Britannia was that he feels a strong sense of protection for the weak.
- as a child he was unusually bold and tenacious. much more like an 8 child than a 1 child
- he's a bad boy. he gambles, skips class and doesn't care at all about rules or convention.

I think he's INTJ 8w7 Sp/Sx

I concur. He seems like the type to take action and mold the world, and has a strong sense of justice. Though, I diagnose him with anime syndrome, because he is wholly the anime version of an 8, rather than what you'd expect from a real one... but really, that's to be expected :3

So. I'll have a stab at DRRR!!, my current obsession:

Izaya - AWESOME.

...oh, what's that? I was meant to be typing him? :D

INTJ, first off. (Oh yes, yet another INTJ anime antihero/antagonist, complete with chessboard to represent his ominous/epic master plan!! XD)
Enneagram 5[w4?]: amassing knowledge and understanding people is what he does; observes "humans" from the position of outsider-looking-in; adopts an attitude of careless, fuck-you-all superiority to render himself invulnerable to the threat posed by others.
And Sx/so: intense, iconoclastic, very counterphobic (I mean, what could be more counterphobic than his endless provocation of Shizuo?!), arrogant and at ease in/okay with most general social situations [unlike other 5 variants], determined to make a mark on the social sphere. But there's also a sense of deep, latent insecurity in him: probably comes from the groundlessness of Sx/so without any anchoring close relationship, and also that 4 wing.

Shizuo - ISxP 9w8 sx/sp. Aw, bless him, with his strident 9-ish hatred of violence all conflicted with the forcefulness of the wing...And he at once has a dynamic, charged presence (does he ever!) and a kind of lonerish vibe to him, which IMO makes him sx/sp without question.

Celty - INFP, 4 sp/sx? She does spend the whole series "searching for her head" (read:searching for a coherent identity), after all :D Initially she seems aloof, cold even, but beneath this holds a deeply-felt sense of values: INFP. And sp/sx for this marked gulf between the restrained, "together", assertive dynamic to her interaction style that seems very sp-first, and close one-to-one relationships with those she feels really understand her, suggesting sp/sx.

Shinra - ExFJ...? Gah, I dunno. He's too crazy to type XD

Kida - ESFP 7w6. And sx/so LIKE ANYTHING.

Mikado - ISFP...6, maybe?

Anri INFP 9w1 sx/sp? The being unable to draw clear boundaries between the self and other, the whole idea of being a "parasite", "feeding" off another's energy/selfhood, feels very unhealthy/insecure 9. Of course, the existence of Saika makes it kinda hard to type her, but she feels roughly sx/sp.

Saika itself seems to be a symbolic configuration the Sx instinct, gone about as wrong as it can go.

Totally agreed with Izaya (and the rest too), well typed.

I think Mikado is a 5, sp variant whatever type he is.
Shinra could be a 7?

It's really been too long since I watched it, I don't remember exactly what half of them were like.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I concur. He seems like the type to take action and mold the world, and has a strong sense of justice. Though, I diagnose him with anime syndrome, because he is wholly the anime version of an 8, rather than what you'd expect from a real one... but really, that's to be expected :3.

those were my thoughts exactly. he's too NFP-ish with it to be like a realistic 8.

typologywhore

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally agreed with Izaya (and the rest too), well typed.

I think Mikado is a 5, sp variant whatever type he is.
Shinra could be a 7?

It's really been too long since I watched it, I don't remember exactly what half of them were like.

Cool :D

Thinking on Mikado a bit more, I reckon 6w5 and sp-first. He does seem to me to have that 6-ish core of anxiety to him; his self-contained nature and tendency towards social withdrawal suggest a 5 wing. He's loyal and compliant, tending to "go towards" others he feels he can trust, typical sp-first 6. For the stacking, I'm leaning towards sp/sx because his attitude towards social movements and the social sphere (e.g., the Dollars, the whole Ikebukuro "scene" itself) seems conflicted and ambivalent: he feels bound to take action at certain points, but at the same time is fearful and suspicious of the social arena. His (adorable!) interactions with Anri (which are kinda "oh goodness I really like you and I hope I come across as attractive and this whole situation is really stressful and scary!") also suggest sp/sx.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cool :D

Thinking on Mikado a bit more, I reckon 6w5 and sp-first. He does seem to me to have that 6-ish core of anxiety to him; his self-contained nature and tendency towards social withdrawal suggest a 5 wing. He's loyal and compliant, tending to "go towards" others he feels he can trust, typical sp-first 6. For the stacking, I'm leaning towards sp/sx because his attitude towards social movements and the social sphere (e.g., the Dollars, the whole Ikebukuro "scene" itself) seems conflicted and ambivalent: he feels bound to take action at certain points, but at the same time is fearful and suspicious of the social arena. His (adorable!) interactions with Anri (which are kinda "oh goodness I really like you and I hope I come across as attractive and this whole situation is really stressful and scary!") also suggest sp/sx.

Damn, you nail it every time :)

I can see that now, 6 is described to be scared of the outside, but often they will stay close to it so that they can see what's coming and prepare themselves. Like a zebra (or whatever animal) that watches the lions from a distance so that they know where they are, but keep out of reach. If they hide completely, they could get flanked from any direction.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
those were my thoughts exactly. he's too NFP-ish with it to be like a realistic 8.

Probably because he was designed by an NF (or perhaps more specifically a 4?), all I remember was that everything he did was rather melodramatic, and 4s are always good at writing that :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Probably because he was designed by an NF (or perhaps more specifically a 4?), all I remember was that everything he did was rather melodramatic, and 4s are always good at writing that :D

that was more because of his tritype. he is actually a near perfect example of an 847 :)