• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Tatami Galaxy:
Watashi/Protagonist: ISTP
Ozu: ESFJ
Akashi: INTJ
Higuchi: INFP
Jougasaki: ESFP
Ryouko: ENFP

Kuragehime:
Tsukimi: INFP
Kuranosuke: ESFP
Shuu: ISTJ
Shouko: ESTP
Chieko: ISFJ
Mayaya: ESFP
Banba: ISTP
Jiji: INFP

Since the anime is coming up this fall and I already played the game:

Persona 4:
Protag/Yuu Narukami: ISTP*
Yosuke: ISFP
Chie: ESFP
Yukiko: INFP
Kanji: INFP
Rise: ESFJ
Naoto: INTJ
Teddie: ENFP
Nanako: ISFP
Doujima: ISTJ
Adachi: ESTP

*A guess based on the trailers and how I think the studio will "force" him to act like.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
.hack//sign
Tsukasa: INFP 9w1 Sp/Sx
Mimiru: ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Bear: ENTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Crim: ENFP 8w7 Sp/Sx
Tsubaru: INFJ 4w5 So/Sp
Silver Knight: ESTJ 1w2 Sp/So
Sora: EN?P 6w7, 7w6 or 7w8 Sx/So
BT: ISTP 4w3 Sp/Sx (though she doesn't look 4w3 at all)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
vos5tz.png

A cookie for anyone who can help identify the xNTJ characters.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
vos5tz.png

Oh, you said help... I was leaving 'guesses' in your rep comments XD

The ENTJ is Griffith from Berserk, the other is some dude from LOGH...*googles* Paul Van Oberstein!
ENTP = Haruhi Suzumiya
INTP = L Lawliet
ENFP = idk, don't recognize the art style at all
INFP = not sure but it reminds me of Seirei no Moribito
ENFJ = the main love interest from gundam seed, forget her name
INFJ = rika-chan from higurashi no naku koro ni X ;.; it fits, it fits
ESTP = lina inverse from slayers
ISTP = that guy, idk, seen him in a lot of memes though
ISFP = looks like Kino from Kino's journey maybe? not sure
ESFP & ESTJ = dunno, they both look like characters from a Bouncy Boob Fighting Anime
ESFJ = Sakura from naruto
ISTJ = Hell Girl
ISFJ = dunno, might be a Blood character

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, you said help... I was leaving 'guesses' in your rep comments XD

The ENTJ is Griffith from Berserk, the other is some dude from LOGH...*googles* Paul Van Oberstein!

I'm a woman of my word.
bd4b5d4a1bd548f3.png

You might have to eat around the moe, unfortunately.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

A character OTHER than Sailor Saturn for an anime INFP archetype? Ptft!

She's, like, the most obvious INFP I can think of when it comes to anime which are widely recognized. When I was a teenager watching in Sailor Moon in Japanese, I really strongly identified with her.

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
ESFJ: Sakura -Naruto
ISFJ: Yuki -Vampire Knight
ESTJ: Kyou -Clannad
ISTJ: Ai -Hell Girl
ESFP: Nena -Gundam 00
ISFP: Yoite -Nabari no Ou
ESTP: Lina -Slayers
ISTP: Doumeki -xxxHolic
ENFJ: Lacus -Gundam Seed
INFJ: Rika -Higurashi
ENTJ: Griffith -Berserk
INTJ: Oberstein -LOGH
ENFP: Nodame -Nodame Cantabile
INFP: Fujiwara no Sai -Hikaru no Go
ENTP: Haruhi -Haruhi no Yuutsu
INTP: L -Death Note

Not that I watched/read them all or anything, but when you're into anime for a long time, knowing what series a character is from comes naturally. Also: Google.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
ESFJ: Sakura -Naruto
ISFJ: Yuki -Vampire Knight
ESTJ: Kyou -Clannad
ISTJ: Ai -Hell Girl
ESFP: Nena -Gundam 00
ISFP: Yoite -Nabari no Ou
ESTP: Lina -Slayers
ISTP: Doumeki -xxxHolic
ENFJ: Lacus -Gundam Seed
INFJ: Rika -Higurashi
ENTJ: Griffith -Berserk
INTJ: Oberstein -LOGH
ENFP: Nodame -Nodame Cantabile
INFP: Fujiwara no Sai -Hikaru no Go
ENTP: Haruhi -Haruhi no Yuutsu
INTP: L -Death Note

Not that I watched/read them all or anything, but when you're into anime for a long time, knowing what series a character is from comes naturally. Also: Google.

Thanks for this! I was wondering who was the infp one. :hug:

Last edited:

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone seen Simoun?

I'm at episode 14, and _STP (most likely ESTP) has been fitting Aer well. I can understand people seeing E(S/N)FP, too.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
^isn't that the one with yuri-powered airships?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^Sure is,but I hate how people only know it for having yuri. It's not like it's a series about nothing except girls kissing. It doesn't rely on the yuri to keep people interested, either.

amerellis

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/9
Fooly Cooly:
Noata- INFP
Mamimi- ESTP
Haruko- XXXX closest to INFP
Nina Morrey- XXXX closest to INTP

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Anyone seen Oh! Edo Rocket? I caught the last few episodes and I thought it was really quirky. :) I don't feel comfortable enough to type it, hoping someone here will. ;)

safer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'd personally like to argue Light Yagami as ENTJ.

I thought INTJ at first too, but you really have to watch this series a few times and think about MBTI going through it (I've seen DN about 4 times through). Honestly, MBTI is fairly dated and can be black and white in areas (I'd personally recommend socionics). Also, Light (I believe to be) is a clear Te dominant and High Ni developed person; making him hard to differentiate between an INTJ. These functions reversed are obviously INTJ. But where light really shows up as being a true ENTJ is in his later, undeveloped functions; in particular his underdeveloped Fi. He is full of pride and can put up quite the melodramatic front. He does not act like an I. I know closely know INTJ's in real life and I know myself extremely well; Batman/Near/Squall Leonheart are prototypical INTJ's. I'm trying to stress how they act and how they are around PEOPLE.

Though Light is introspective and enjoys his alone time, he is by no means an I because of this. I spent a good portion of the last eight years of my life studying diligently and playing online games/going on forums; I often questioned whether I was INTJ or INTP because of this, and that I had typed myself wrong because of my social college years (I have very high Ni and Ti test results as well, which is odd for being ENTJ; but like i said MBTI isn't perfect). Light is overpoweringly popular in an academic setting, social/personable in conversation, charismatic, and manipulative when he desires people to obtain his goals. Do you know INTJ's like that? The conversation carrier on all occasions in business/academic settings?

Think about how he acts with people, as opposed to Near who is a clear INTJ. I'd like to link you guys to several different pages.

http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=57554
http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/21222-fictional-entjs-6.html

rant on :)

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd personally like to argue Light Yagami as ENTJ.

I thought INTJ at first too, but honestly there's a reason why he hits home with me. MBTI is fairly dated and can be black and white in areas (I'd personally recommend socionics). Also, Light is a clear Te dominant and High Ni developed person. These functions reversed are obviously INTJ. Where light really shows as ENTJ are in his later, undeveloped functions, in particular his underdeveloped Fi. His pride and idealistic goals driven by not wanting to make the world a better place for everyone but rather his vision of a better world based on his logical, subjective judgment of it. He does not act like an I. I know INTJ's in real life and I know myself extremely well; Batman/Near/Squall Leonheart are prototypical INTJ's. I'm trying to stress how they act and how they are around PEOPLE.

Though Light is introspective and enjoys his alone time, he is by no means an I because of this. I spent a good portion of the last eight years of my life studying diligently and playing online games/going on forums; I often questioned whether I was INTJ or INTP because of this, and that I had typed myself wrong because of my social college years (I have very high Ni and Ti test results as well, which is odd for being ENTJ; but like i said MBTI isn't perfect). Light is overpoweringly popular in an academic setting, social/personable in conversation, charismatic, and manipulative when he desires people to obtain his goals. Do you know INTJ's like that?

Think about how he acts with people, as opposed to Near who is a clear INTJ. I'd like to link you guys to several different pages.

http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=57554
http://personalitycafe.com/entj-forum-executives/21222-fictional-entjs-6.html

rant on
He still prefers his time alone over interacting with others, which is a good indicator of introversion. And what you're describing with "His pride and idealistic goals driven by not wanting to make the world a better place for everyone but rather his vision of a better world based on his logical, subjective judgment of it" is basically Fi, not inferior Fi in particular. Basically what you're saying is that INTJ's can't be popular, personable, charismatic or manipulative (since they're Ni dominant, their insight can potentially make them good manipulators). I don't see what you're arguing for here really. And he clearly prefers Fi over Se.

safer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
How so? His Fi is so low he can't find true feelings for anyone but himself. his Fi when manifested comes in the form of macro ethics and on principles. As for introspection, I prefer to be alone more than hang out with others a lot of times; a good portion of the last 10 years I'd choose reading a book, playing a game, etc over partying. I honestly don't think he's an I. Can you give any real objective examples of him truly being an I other than he likes to spend his time alone while killing people in a notebook (that he has to write inside)?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wolf's Rain types (from what I've seen)
Kiba: ISFP 1w9 Sx/Sp
Hige: E??P 7w6 So/Sx
Toboe: INFP 2w1 Sx/Sp
Tsume: ISTP 8w7 Sp/Sx

Ouran High School Host Club (now that I've finished it)
Tamaki: ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx (I thought he was 3w4 earlier, but it becomes clear that his main motivation is to be loved and provide people with love and attention)
Kyoya: INTJ 3w4 Sp/Sx
Haruhi: INFP 5w4 Sp/So
Hikaru and Kaoru: INFJ 4w5 Sp/Sx (they look more like INFPs, but they seem more Ni/Fe to me)
Hunni-senpai: E?FP 7w6 So/Sx
Mori-senpai: ISFP 8w9 Sx/Sp
Rengei: ENFJ 2w3 So/Sx
Haruhi's dad: E?FP 7w6 Sx/So

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How so? His Fi is so low he can't find true feelings for anyone but himself. his Fi when manifested comes in the form of macro ethics and on principles. As for introspection, I prefer to be alone more than hang out with others a lot of times; a good portion of the last 10 years I'd choose reading a book, playing a game, etc over partying. I honestly don't think he's an I. Can you give any real objective examples of him truly being an I other than he likes to spend his time alone while killing people in a notebook (that he has to write inside)?

his Fi isn't low, it's high as hell. it's just misguided. Fi deals with feelings of the self, Fe deals with the feelings of others. most INTJs frankly don't give a damn about most people.
also, notice what he's like when he's about to die. ENTJs at their most stressed turn Fi and "down with the ship" "I may die, but I'm taking you with me!" INTJs go Se is freak the fuck out.