• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also F doesn't automatically mean driven by emotions.

It does play into the equation though and I suspect motivations is also affected by type.

Urumi wasn't a very realistic character to begin with. She had a 200 IQ and could understand college level math at 5 years old plus the fact that she's psychologically disturbed. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch for her to have the ability to analyze people's behavior and manipulate it however she wants. When she's the most comfortable (like around Onizuka or her friends) she appears very laid back and enjoys going out to have fun just for the sake of it. Even all the elaborate pranks she makes seems to be only because she's bored which IMO sounds a lot like Ti-Se.

Occam's Razor. Not sure if that means anything but that's what's in my head.

I typed him an E based on the fact that I suspect he actually suppresses his Ne -- and if you examine his thought process it's really all over the place regardless. That, and he appears to have a fairly developed Te. He's always the one asking (inside his head of course) "What the fuck? how does this even work?" whenever Haruhi makes one of her crazy and ill-thought-out schemes.

Yeah, I was pretty hesitant on Kyon but ENFP w/ developed Te sounds good. Either that, or INFP with developed Te, which isn't less likely because the Ne is less pronounced though the Te may be Inferior.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm...I'll try FMA (manga).
Edward: INFJ (He seems to prefer to keep to himself, although his close relationships are very close, good at improvising, smart, but mostly puts morals to everything he does obviously)
Alphonse: INFP
Winry: ENFP
Mustang: ENFP (He can let his emotions overtake him pretty easily, although at first I thought ENTP)
Hawkeye: Good INTJ
Father: Bad INTJ
Hoenheim: INTP
Kimblee: ESTP?
Lust: ISFJ
Gluttony: INFP
Envy: ENTP
Greed: ESTJ
Sloth: ISTJ? (I really don't know much about Sloth, so if anyone can do better go for it)
Wrath: ESTJ
Pride: ISTJ
Scar: ISFJ
Alex Armstrong: ESFP
Olivier Armstrong: INTJ
Fu: Hard to type, like Sloth I don't really know about this character, but if I would have to guess I'd say ESTJ
Lan Fan: INFP
Lin: ENTJ/P?
May: ENFP

I commend Edward's typing :)

As for Kimblee, ENTP. He loves to experiment with his explosions, and his philosophical side really shows through in the manga.
Greed seems more ESTP. If he were ESTJ, he'd side with the other homunculi rather than lead his own ragtag group of outcasts.
Shou Tucker: one of the rare depictions of an INTP in fiction.
Armstrong: ESFJ, too serious and principled to be ESFP. Also he conveys his artistic side in a very traditional manner.
Mustang is a clear ENTJ. Full of strategic intelligence and ambition, while adopting the arrogant charm that ENTJ is infamous for. As for his emotions, ENTJs are perhaps the most likely of the Rationals to feel and display emotion, as opposed to ENTP who often display fake emotion :) and the Introverted Rationals who rarely show anything emotional.

Tang

MBTI Type
ESTP
Oh wow, I just finished reading the whole thread.

So, has anyone typed the Hayate no Gotoku characters? Since they're all very affected and thus seemingly very easy to type, I think it wouldn't be impossible to have a list somewhere. But they're nowhere to be found in this thread and Google doesn't have a clue either.

If it's really not made yet, is there any kind soul here to willingly guess them?

Also, hell yeah broken english, sorry about that.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, has anyone typed the Hayate no Gotoku characters?

Not so sure, can't remember.

Hayate - INFJ

Nagi - ISFJ

Maria - INFJ

Hinagiku - INFJ

...this is really weird...

Sakuya - ESTP

Isumi - INFP

Wataru - IxTJ

Don't remember anyone else but I'm not very confident about this, what you think?

Tang

MBTI Type
ESTP
That's awesome, thanks. I think that's more than enough to start from. Here are my thoughts about it.

Craft said:
Hayate - INFJ

Nagi - ISFJ

Maria - INFJ

Hinagiku - INFJ

Sakuya - ESTP

Isumi - INFP

Wataru - IxTJ
Hayate: Wouldn't he be S rather than N? His communication skills are very poor, since almost every misunderstanding in the series seems to come out of his mouth. He's very skillful with all the daily tasks and that kind of stuff too, what could be seen as a reinforcement for his ISFJ-ness.

Nagi: ISFJs are too organized for her to be one, I think she'd be something like INTP. Well, since she's a child her type could be dubious, but like I said, they're all very caricatural. From this point of view she's definetely IxTP (as an unhealthy ISTP), but I think INTP is more passable.

Maria: At first I thought she really was INFJ, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think ISFJ would suit her somehow. To be honest, ISFJ works for her for the exact same reason that it doesn't quite suits Nagi.

Hinagiku: I fail to see her as introverted, so it would be ENFJ or ENTJ for me. I'm personally more fond of the idea of her being ENTJ, it has something like a tsundere air to it. With all the stubbornness included.

Sakuya: Dunno, nothing against her being ESTP.

Isumi: INFP, agreed.

Wataru: I think he'd be ISTJ. From the point of view of handling the mistakes he makes himself, Wataru is way too honest and composed to be an INTJ. Except when dealing with Isumi, but that's some kind of extreme case, isn't it?

Athena: I'm thinking about xNTJ. And the way she dealt with her relationship with Hayate makes me sway for I.

Too sleepy to think right now, but I'm bracing for Tama's type.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's awesome, thanks. I think that's more than enough to start from. Here are my thoughts about it.
your avatar fuels my vigor for clarity.

Hayate: Wouldn't he be S rather than N? His communication skills are very poor, since almost every misunderstanding in the series seems to come out of his mouth.

How is this related to N/S?

He's very skillful with all the daily tasks and that kind of stuff too, what could be seen as a reinforcement for his ISFJ-ness.

ISFJ doesn't mean daily tasks and stuff. There is a connection but very small. Added to that, he 'needed' to be able to these things.

I'm not so sure why I think he's N. Probably something about "Santa Claus" and his really emphasized worldview: "Work is for people with poor parents and those who work will ultimately be brought glory." or something.

Nagi: ISFJs are too organized for her to be one, I think she'd be something like INTP. Well, since she's a child her type could be dubious, but like I said, they're all very caricatural. From this point of view she's definetely IxTP (as an unhealthy ISTP), but I think INTP is more passable.

Interesting. I find her too emotional to be Ti dominant. Her F seems to be extraverted and she has a pretty traditional worldview, so ISFJ I thought.

Organization has little to do with ISFJ.

Maria: At first I thought she really was INFJ, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think ISFJ would suit her somehow. To be honest, ISFJ works for her for the exact same reason that it doesn't quite suits Nagi.

The only thing that makes me think of Maria as N is her 'subtle' understanding of the situation. She doesn't do much but she has a clear view of the underlying emotions involved.(mainly between Hayate, Nagi and the rest of main cast.)

Hinagiku: I fail to see her as introverted, so it would be ENFJ or ENTJ for me.

Why? I could see Introvert with Auxiliary Fe.

When she deals with people, she takes high consideration about the feelings involved but she doesn't come off as domineering as Dom Fe. Like Maria, there is more subtlety to her.

I'm personally more fond of the idea of her being ENTJ, it has something like a tsundere air to it. With all the stubbornness included.

Speaking of the archetype "tsundere", there's usually a pattern.

Tsundere: Expresses "T" behaviors (often J)

Take, "Hitagi Senjougahara". INFJ or INTP.

1. She talks a lot and is often 'bossy' but her 'aura' is still introverted.

2. How can "IxFJ" characters be "tsundere"? It's because of the functions coming of as PiTi and the allowable repression of Fe. Added to that, "J" permits 'pushiness'. ExFJ's, on the other hand, aren't tsunderes.

Sakuya: Dunno, nothing against her being ESTP.
I saw healthy Ti, as compared to Nagi's Ti.

Wataru: I think he'd be ISTJ. From the point of view of handling the mistakes he makes himself, Wataru is way too honest and composed to be an INTJ.

How is being honest and composed unrelated to being INTJ as compared to ISTJ?

I don't know about his N/S much. He remembers a lot of movies?Nah...

Athena: I'm thinking about xNTJ. And the way she dealt with her relationship with Hayate makes me sway for I.

I've never seen/heard this character. I didn't really finish second season.

Too sleepy to think right now, but I'm bracing for Tama's type.

Tama? The carefree lion that talks so infrequently?

ENFP?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hey, I'd love to hear your reasoning on Kyon. I've been trying to figure his type since the first episode (episode zero).

I agree though, Haruhi seems to be an NT of some kind. ENTP seems likely. I couldn't see ESTP at all, though.

Haruhi is most certainly ESTP. What kind of ENTP physically beats people to get what she wants? Plus, given that she's clearly some sort of ExTP, the deciding factor would be interaction style. So, seeing as how she's definitely in-charge and not get-things-going, she has to be ESTP.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
It's Hamtaro time. Yes, people still watch this.
Hamtaro: ESFP
Oxnard: ISFP
Laura: ISFJ, I guess
Bijou: ESFP
Boss: ENTJ
Maxwell: INFx
Pashmina: INFJ
Panda: ISFP

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ranma 1/2
One of THE greatest comedy animes ever made!

Typing these characters is hard, though.

Ranma - ESTP
Akane - ENFJ
Ryoga - INFJ
Kuno - ENTP
Kasumi - ESFJ
Nabiki - XNTJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Monster

Herr Dr. Tenma- ISFP (or INFJ), 2w1 sx/so (INFj/EII-Fi)
Johan- INTJ, 9w8 sp/sx (INFp/IEI-Fe)
Nina- ISFP, 9w1 sx/so (ISFj/ESI-Fi)
Detective Lunge- INTP, 3w4 so/sp (ISTj/LSI-Ti)

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Speaking of Monster, anyone have ideas for Grimmer? Eva? Roberto? Bonaparta?

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Haruhi is adamant about the existence of aliens, espers, and time travel. Never unicorns or fairies. She doesn't believe in them because they exist, rather they exist because she believes in them. This is not Ne. Ne constantly generates new concepts and never insists any of them are true. Ne-concepts must receive Ti or Fi validation to be accepted as true.

Pretty much everything Haruhi does follows this pattern:

1. Haruhi pulls a concept or idea out of her Ni. (Bunny-girl!)
2. Haruhi gets Te-bossy and tries to organize the real world around that concept. (Mikuru! Put on the bunny-girl costume!)
3. Wackiness ensues. (PUT IT ON PUT IT ON PUT IT ON!)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Moonflower
Speaking of Monster, anyone have ideas for Grimmer? Eva? Roberto? Bonaparta?

Eva - ESFJ
Roberto - ESTP
Grimmer - IxFx? Definitely an F
Bonaparta - INFP or INFJ

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eva - ESFJ
Roberto - ESTP
Grimmer - IxFx? Definitely an F
Bonaparta - INFP or INFJ

Would I be totally off the wall if I mentioned that my instinct says that Tenma, Bonaparta, and Johan are all INFJs (although more INxJ for Johan)?

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Red Garden:

Kate - INFP, 9w1
Rose - INFJ, 6w7
Rachel - ESTx, 3w2
Claire - ISTP, 8w7
Herve - ENFJ, 4w3

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Moonflower
Would I be totally off the wall if I mentioned that my instinct says that Tenma, Bonaparta, and Johan are all INFJs (although more INxJ for Johan)?

No not at all, Tenma may be an INFJ (as Aleksai mentioned in a previous post), Bonaparta definitely is (if not INFP), and I think I could see Johan as an INFJ, what with his expertise emotional manipulation, but he's definitely an INxJ.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Big Windup
Mihashi: ISFP or ISFJ 6w7 so/sx
Abe: ENTJ 8w7 sp/so
Coach Momoe: ESTJ 8w7 so/sx
Tajima: ESFP 7w6 sx/so
Shiga-sensei: INTP 5w6 so/sp
Hanai: ESTJ 1w2 so/sx

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Off-topic posts removed.

This thread is for typing anime characters.
Member who wish to provide serious critiques of anime as an artform can create their own threads for that purpose.

Continued trolling of threads for purposes unrelated to topic can result in disciplinary action. Thanks.