• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Anastar

Cowboy Bebop:

Spike: ENTP(is not really interested in the material world. He does not "live" in the present but in the past as well as the future. Sees possibilities as well as having his own set of values and ideals that he holds to. He is world of possibilities. Constant Ti flow filtered through Ne)

Julia: INTJ

Vicious: INTJ

Faye: ENTP

Wolf's Rain:

Kiba: INFP(leads with Fi and has no practical or common sense. He is not at all down to earth and he has no sense of structure. He is impulsive and all of his actions are directed by feeling. He doesn't live in the present, but in the future. He has an ideal and no matter how impractical and unrealistic and illogical it is his feelings continue to dictate his actions) He reminds me of Cloud Strife in many ways(also an INFP) A dreamer who doesn't live in reality. Not that I blame him.

Toboe: ENFP

Tsume: INFJ (Natural and reluctant leader. Easily falls into the position of taking care of others.)

Hige: ENTP

Buru: INFJ

sticker

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Cardcaptor Sakura (sentimental value :D)

Sakura - ENFP
Syaoran - ISTJ
Tomoyo - INFJ
Touya - ISTP (maybe...)
Yukito - ISFJ
Kero - ExFP
Clow Reed - I'm still unsure about his type... I'm wavering between an INFP, INTJ or even ENTP. He's the good ol' "wise mentor", but he doesn't meddle at all; he's so kind-hearted, and yet he has this astuteness and freakiness going on... I love his character :)

Other random CLAMP ones:

Tsubasa

Syaoran no. 1 - ISTP
Syaoran no. 2 - ISFP
Sakura - ISFJ
Fai - INFJ
Kurogane - ESTP
Mokona - xSFJ

xxxHOLiC

Yuuko - I'd say INTJ - and extremely interesting one at that
Watanuki - INFP
Doumeki - whatever type Touya is :D (ISTP?)
Himawari-chan - ENFP

X/1999

Kamui - INFP
dark Fuuma - ENTJ
Kotori - INFP (maybe ISFJ)
Hinoto - INFx (I see her as an INFP, but maybe she's overall more INFJ)
Kanoe - ENTJ? ENFJ? definitely NJ...
Yuzuriha Nekoi - ENFP
Kusanagi-san - ISFP
Subaru - INFP
Seishirou - ENTJ

I don't remember enough about the rest of the characters, but the Dragons of Heaven are almost all Fs and Dragons of Earth are almost all Ts. Quite a significant divide indeed.

CLAMP fan! :eek: I used to be one too. Favourite used to be CCS, went over to TRC but was slightly disappointed.

Has anyone typed Rozen Maiden characters yet?

Suigintou (Yakult/Junk)- INFx
Kanaria (Kashira)- ENTP
Suiseiseki (DESU)- ExFP
Souseiseki (Boku)- ISTJ
Shinku (Dawa)- INFJ
Hina Ichigo (Unyuu/Nano)- ExFP
Barasuishou (Otousama)- ISFJ
Kirakishou (Bananas)- xxFx Because she's a nutter and I have no idea how to type her

Jun (Jum)- INFP
Nori - xSFJ
Laplace - INTJ
Rozen - IxFJ

Props to those who understand what's written in the brackets.

Bia

MBTI Type
ESTJ
News, news~

Bakemonogatari:
Hitagi: ISTJ
Araragi: ISTP
Nadeko: INFP
Hanekawa: ISFJ
Neko Hanekawa: ESFP
Mayoi: ENFP
Kanbaru: ISFP
Oshino: INTJ
Shinobu: xxxx (ideas?)

Spice and Wolf:
Horo: ESTP
Lawrence: INTJ
Chloe: ESTJ
Nora: INFP
Amati: ENTJ
Dian: INTP

Doubt:
Yuu: ISFJ
Mitsuki: ENFJ
Rei: INFP
(LOOK AGAIN) Real Rei: INTJ
Hajime: ISTJ
Haruka: ESFJ
Eiji: ESFP

Umineko no naku koro ni (thx, paula_mink):
Beatrice: ENFJ
Bernkastel: INTP
Lambdadelta: ENTJ
Virgilia: INFJ
Ronove: ISTP
Gaap: ESTP

Maria: INFJ
Jessica: ESFP
George: ESFJ
Battler: ENFP
Ange: INFP

Kinzou: INTJ
Krauss: ESTJ
Natsuhi: ISFJ
Eva: ENTJ
Hydeioshi: ESFP
Rudolph: ESTP
Kyrie: INTP
Rosa: ISFP

Genji: ISTJ
Shannon: ISFP
Kanon:- ISFJ
Kumasawa: ENFP
Gohda: ENTP

DuoRCN

Cowboy Bebop:

Spike: ENTP(is not really interested in the material world. He does not "live" in the present but in the past as well as the future. Sees possibilities as well as having his own set of values and ideals that he holds to. He is world of possibilities. Constant Ti flow filtered through Ne)

I think you misrepresent him. Spike, like the protagonists of westerns that he's based off of, is an ISTP.

Tyrant

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Has anyone ever typed HunterxHunter characters? I'll give it a shot.

Gon: SEE - ESFp
Killua: ILE - ENTp
Kurapica: ESI - ISFj
Leorio: SLE - ESTp
Hisoka: ILE - ENTp

Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
Tsuna (perhaps a typing more obvious than Naruto's): SEI - ISFp

Fullmetal Alchemist:
Edward: EIE - ENFj
Alphonse: IEI - INFp
Mustang: LIE - ENTj

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Elric Classifications

Ed As an ENFJ... Why ENFJ? I personally hold him to be an ENTP, because an ENFJ doesn't seem as intellectual as ENTJ/ENTP, plus the fact that Alchemy's mystical component suggests ENTP as opposed to ENTJ, though I could imagine Al as an ENFJ, (Leaving the possibility that you're getting the two mixed up.) given his 'Gentle Giant' status. (Hiding a Cat in his armor, works well with small children, namely Mei.) As for Others, I agree with father as an INTJ... But Hoenheim seems hard to pin down. His empathetic quest to stop father seems to make him some other than an INTP (Especially since he's not that intellectual, father having taught him everything he knows about alchemy) On the other hand, his collected, logical nature seems to thwart his previous classification. Oh, does anyone here have a theoretical classification for Scar? Now that I'd like to see.

Loxias

MBTI Type
INxj
Enneagram
4w5
Someone mentioned Hetalia Axis Powers.
This is a fun challenge. On top of my head :

Italy : IxFP
Germany : ESTJ
USA : ESFP
Japan : ISTJ
China : INFJ
England : xSFJ
France : ExFP
Russia : INTx

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh, Disagreed.

News, news~

Bakemonogatari:
Hitagi: INTP Robot*
Araragi: INFP Hero*
Nadeko: ISFP Victim*
Hanekawa: ISFJ Secretary*
Neko Hanekawa: ESFP
Mayoi: ExFJ*
Kanbaru: ESFP*
Oshino: ENTP Trickster*
Shinobu: xxxx (ideas?) IxxP*

Spice and Wolf:
Horo: ESTP Trickster*
Lawrence: ENFP with inferior judging*

and this.

Has anyone ever typed HunterxHunter characters? I'll give it a shot.

MBTI:

Gon: ESFP - clearly
Killua: ENTP Trickster.
Kurapica: ISFJ -Revenge and solitude(I/F), Ryodan Pride (SJ). IxFJ's "Spider's" holocaust.
Leorio: ESTP - I concur.
Hisoka: ENTP Yet another Trickster.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn:
Tsuna - ISFP. weak victim*

Fullmetal Alchemist:
Edward: ENFJ - agreed.
Alphonse: INFP - agreed.
Mustang: - ENTJ- what? agreed.

meh..i guess i agreed(MBTI) to everything.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
D.Gray-Man MBTI

Alright, I'll try to MBTI some D.gray-Man Characters, alternating between Noah Clan and Black Order members. I know I'm bad at type-analysis, but I want this to start somewhere in any event.
Millenium Earl: ENTJ
Allen Walker: ISTJ
Road Kamelot: ISFP
Yu Kanda: INTJ
Tykki Mikk: ESTP (Possibly ENTP)
Bookman: INTJ
Skinn Boric: ISFP? (Not much of a mind, hard to pin down)
Lavi: ISFJ
JasDevi: ESFJ (Supported by him representing 'Bonds')
Alistair Krory: ENFP (Changed to 'Krory' to avoid confusion)
(Ran out of Noah Clan Members)
Miranda Lotto: ENFJ? (I'm not entirely sure. Possibly ENFP)
Lenalee Lee: INFP
Once again, most of these are probably inaccurate, given a less-than-accurate grasp of MBTI archetypes, but I still want to see opinions on these.

Last edited:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watched about 100+ episodes of it. Didn't like it. Lack of depth/detail/ and too simple system. Was years ago but here's mine. Tell me your reasons.

Alright, I'll try to MBTI some D.gray-Man Characters, alternating between Noah Clan and Black Order members. I know I'm bad at type-analysis, but I want this to start somewhere in any event.
Allen Walker: IxFP ..seems like the average hero*
Yu Kanda: IxTJ for certain. where'd you get the perceiving axis from?*
Lavi: ESFP playfulness*
Lenalee Lee: ISFJ - wasn't she bossy?*

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I listed Kanda as an INTJ. As for Lenalee, she seemed more like a 'Slightly-Emo-Bad-Past' type person than a 'Bossy Girlfriend' stereotype. Pertaining to Allen, he seems a bit more of a loner than your average shounen hero, he's lower key, plus he's got the 'Black' part of his personality, though that being used to comedic effect... however, I understand your sentiments about Shounen stereotypes. As for Lavi, I used ISFJ due to 'Introverted Sensing' being the primary function of such an archtype. Not to mention his conflict with the incumbent Bookman makes him shy away from being an ESFP, due to their supposed 'Adherence to Tradition', and given the ISFJ's concern about those close to them and people in general, it seems that while an INTP or INTJ would be suited for a Bookman, that Lavi's being an ISFJ is the source of his conflict in regards to adherence to an 'observer' philosophy. As for Allen as an ISTJ, like I said, I'm bad at typecasting (or whatever you call it) I don't want to put him down as an INFP due to their supposed leaning towards an 'unusual' or 'artsy' philosophy, but I don't think he's quite empathetic enough to be an INFJ. If I were to give him a secondary classification, I'd sooner say INFJ, due to his unusually merciful attitude towards his enemies. (See: Tykki Mikk, Fallen Suman.)
"Figures, my rival's a jerk, and the chick's a nag" -Ryusei Datte, Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation. Like I said, I know how you feel about shounen stereotypes.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I listed Kanda as an INTJ.
Why N? He's the IxTJ archetype loner. Traditional(Si) or Visionary(Ni)? Seems like a SJ Guardian.

As for Lenalee, she seemed more like a 'Slightly-Emo-Bad-Past' type person than a 'Bossy Girlfriend' stereotype.
I don't remember her well. IxFP maybe but how'd you determine her N/S axis? Was she idealistic or realistic?

Pertaining to Allen, he seems a bit more of a loner than your average shounen hero, he's lower key, plus he's got the 'Black' part of his personality, though that being used to comedic effect... however, I understand your sentiments about Shounen stereotypes. As for Allen as an ISTJ, like I said, I'm bad at typecasting (or whatever you call it) I don't want to put him down as an INFP due to their supposed leaning towards an 'unusual' or 'artsy' philosophy, but I don't think he's quite empathetic enough to be an INFJ.
Well. To me he's pretty dominant Fi. Helping people and all that. He doesn't order people much and he's more adaptive to people. IxFP. How sure are you he's an xNxx? How does INFP's have artsy or unusual taste? I think's he's too empathetic actually, same with Lenalee, Lavi is not. YouTube - Allen & Lenalee -2- Ep 75, Yuurisan-sub (notice in the vid how kanda just dismisses that emotion. that's T.)

1. INtrovert
2. ?
3. comfortable with showing Empathy = F
4. Comfortable with restricted behavior very unlike Kanda. YouTube - D.Gray Man 94-Kanda special

As for Lavi, I used ISFJ due to 'Introverted Sensing' being the primary function of such an archtype. Not to mention his conflict with the incumbent Bookman makes him shy away from being an ESFP, due to their supposed 'Adherence to Tradition', and given the ISFJ's concern about those close to them and people in general, it seems that while an INTP or INTJ would be suited for a Bookman, that Lavi's being an ISFJ is the source of his conflict in regards to adherence to an 'observer' philosophy.

Look at this and tell me he's not ESxP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8QpS67WU1A You can also see from the vid the clear difference between P and J. Allen just sleeps, Kanda retaliates.

Also, the girly voice of Allen is really too IxFP.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hm... I see your point with a few of those. Like I said, I'm bad with typology because I tend to alternatively look at the whole picture and pieces at different points, which seem to consistently be the wrong ones. As for filling in blanks, (taking into consideration the modified types) Allen: ISFJ. Why S? Simple, he seems to have a practical view of life from his time with Marshall Cross (That, and emotional scarring). As for Lenalee, INFP seems to fit her well... maybe ISFP now that I think about it. Primarily because she seems practical, but is most certainly not a J in retrospect, given her induction-related imprisonment I determined her S/N axis initially due to her idealistic desires (And the fact that I didn't think about it that much), but now that I think about the functions of an ISFP, (Introverted Sensing Primary, Extroverted Feeling Secondary) she seems more like an ISFP. As for Kanda, I'd go with ISTP, because while he does seem to have his own dreams and purposes, he's attempting to achieve them through his membership in the Black Order. As for Lavi, I looked at 'Introvert' versus 'Extrovert' in terms of how much he'd said about himself, as opposed to his social aptitude or desire for social contact. Also, the third video was taken off due to copyright, sorry. Any opinions on the Noah clan members?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Allen: ISFJ.
Why S? Simple, he seems to have a practical view of life from his time with Marshall Cross (That, and emotional scarring).
Why a Judger? I think he's more supportive than directive. He also seems to value respect and courtesy when dealing with others but when has he told anyone to do something? He seems responsible but that's not exclusive to judgers.

Why an Introvert?

As for Kanda, I'd go with ISTP,
Dreams and purposes seems to fit Ni(introverted intuition) more. Due to the consistent "Get out of my way""Let me handle this alone" attitude he shows, he's most certainly more of a judger.

because while he does seem to have his own dreams and purposes, he's attempting to achieve them through his membership in the Black Order.
How is this ISTP?

As for Lavi, I looked at 'Introvert' versus 'Extrovert' in terms of how much he'd said about himself, as opposed to his social aptitude or desire for social contact.
The I/E axis is about whether someone gains energy from external forces than or internal. Not talking about himself much is less directed to the self. an extrovert focuses more on others.
Also, the third video was taken off due to copyright, sorry.
I'll show you another one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S7kZfHqrN0&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC3WtYVUFlw ESxP. S because of the copyright video where he told some stories about he going this way and that way. I'm guessing ESTP.

Any opinions on the Noah clan members?
I don't know them.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The Noah Clan members are the grey-skinned nutjobs who... confused the heck out of me, I'm not even sure if each of them are united in their own philosophy, save for their near-universal misanthropy. Anyway, they're the antagonists of the series so I'd think you'd remember them. If not, try the D.Gray-Man wiki. (Yes, there's an accurate wiki out there for it.) Anyway, I'd say that Kanda is ISTP, due to the fact that (To the best of my knowledge) while ISTPs have a leaning towards things of a technical nature, they're supposedly unemotional, practical and independent. Furthermore, let me rephrase that. I didn't mean 'Dreams' as in, some grand vision for the future or some-such so much as I meant he's willing to work with a system that he doesn't like to achieve his own ends. (I.E. Roy Mustang) Also, doesn't a personality that doesn't like constraints seem to be indicative of a P. Furthermore, he seems to be introverted due to his general dislike of interaction with the rest of the cast, and seems to tolerate it on professional grounds. As for Allen as an ISFJ, his comfort with restraint as a means to purpose, as opposed to restraint alongside purpose seems to indicate J as opposed to P. I understand that he got worked up when he was essentially in exorcist... Physical Therapy?.. After essentially getting killed by Tyki Mikk, but he seemed to be able to adjust to that quickly. And after reviewing the traits associated with each type, I agree with your analysis of Lavi. I forget what makes those types, exactly; However, I remember that I agree. Also, I see a small amount of inconsistency within your analysis. Is this testing me to see how much leeway I give in my opinions?..

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, I see a small amount of inconsistency within your analysis. Is this testing me to see how much leeway I give in my opinions?..
:) I think your overthinking (Ti) too much. Your too critical of yourself. Try to let go. view other's criticisms of your logic not as criticisms but suggestions. It's okay to be wrong(Not suggesting your wrong), what's important is to develop. Sorry if I seem critical. I just try to make it more interesting by suggesting my opinions as fact instead of humble opinion. If you're right, you're right. If I'm right, I'm right. Nothing personal.

On second thought, maybe I was testing you. Care to elaborate on this "inconsistency"?

The Noah Clan members are the grey-skinned nutjobs who... confused the heck out of me, I'm not even sure if each of them are united in their own philosophy, save for their near-universal misanthropy. Anyway, they're the antagonists of the series so I'd think you'd remember them. If not, try the D.Gray-Man wiki. (Yes, there's an accurate wiki out there for it.)

I think I'd need to watch the whole show to get a proper idea of who each of them are--that, however, I cannot do. But if you want to make it easier for me, you could list their most dominant qualities.

Anyway, I'd say that Kanda is ISTP, due to the fact that (To the best of my knowledge) while ISTPs have a leaning towards things of a technical nature, they're supposedly unemotional, practical and independent.

IxTJ's are also unemotional, practical and independent.

I don't see any "mechanics" nor "sporty/party SP" with Kanda.

The differences between SP's, SJ's and NT's are clear. SP's are fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers(Lavi). SJ's are dutiful, work-oriented traditionalists. NT's are knowledge seeking computers. NJ's or Ni's are usually dream-seeking ambitious types. Which is Kanda?

Also, doesn't a personality that doesn't like constraints seem to be indicative of a P?
I think it's equal. A perceiver easily adapts but dislikes constraints. A Judger is fixed with decisions but acknowledges rules.

This is not the case with Kanda however. He as a judger, fixed with his decision to leave and be alone, immediately develops a dislike to surprising constraint. He wasn't as restricted before so his perception of rules were conflicting with the current one.

Judgers are known for their stubbornness in discussions and their strongly-held opinions is the origins of their retaliations. They're action people and they "Te"(order) you to get out of their way. This is very unlike Allen who (Fi+Xx)"persuades" or asks you to move.

Furthermore, he seems to be introverted due to his general dislike of interaction with the rest of the cast, and seems to tolerate it on professional grounds.
I was talking about Allen. How is Allen Introverted?

As for Allen as an ISFJ, his comfort with restraint as a means to purpose, as opposed to restraint alongside purpose seems to indicate J as opposed to P. I understand that he got worked up when he was essentially in exorcist... Physical Therapy?.. After essentially getting killed by Tyki Mikk, but he seemed to be able to adjust to that quickly.
Adjusting quickly = adapting. A perceiver trait.

And after reviewing the traits associated with each type, I agree with your analysis of Lavi.
Extroverted Types are usually easier to type. They express their perceiving preference, likewise, their judging preference.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Anyway, the Noah Clan. Millenium Earl, he's really, Really good at manipulating people's emotions in order to get them to call back their loved ones (As Akuma), and generally misanthropic. He's the head of the Noah clan and appears to be decidedly intelligent, more likely than not derived from the thousands of years he's spent alive. (It's been said he doesn't 'reincarnate' that is, his specific Noah's role isn't passed on to someone else, this implies immortality in some way.) He's also responsible for the organization of the vast majority of anti-exorcist factions, and can control EVERY single Akuma from a distance, and see through their eyes if he wants to. Road Kamelot, She appears fairly young, though I can't exactly place her age. She seems to be less misanthropic than the other members of the Noah Clan, as shown through her attraction to Allen Walker, though she isn't above messing with other exorcists and humans in general, implying that this may be an attraction to the 14th. Either way, she definitely isn't as brutal as the others, though she's still messed up. Tyki Mikk, He's kind of bipolar, though generally relaxed in any event. He uses his ability to appear human to live as a human, and doesn't really seem to harbor any personal feelings against humans. He's somewhat manipulative, since he's essentially stringing along everyone he meets as a human. His epithet (Or whatever those titles mean) is 'Pleasure' implying that his 'relaxed' appearance is due to hedonism. Skinn Boric, he's basically a raging beast with a sweet-tooth. He's passionately misanthropic, though he isn't the type that would defy the Earl's orders, most likely out of fear of the Earl. When around the Noah Clan, he's fairly reserved, not doing much aside from eating enough sugar to set off a rocket with Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP, bodily energy. Side note, he reminds me of L when he's quiet.) JasDevi. Also known as Jasdero and David. These two are pretty comical, and act like they're one person, (I'd post a spoiler link here, but I don't know how.) As such, I'm filing them as one. They're the butt-end of virtually all assignments, basically the idiots you need in any group, in spite of their fighting capability. I can't say much about their personality, due to the fact that most of their screen-time is comprised of comic relief. I listed them as 'ESFJ' due to their epithet, 'Bonds'.