• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm surprised that no one's executed this idea yet (Go me!). The purpose of this thread is to list the types of specific anime characters to eventually construct a grand list. I decided to go ahead and list a few of my own to get things started though characters that have already been typed by other people can still of course be discussed and typed by another.

INTJ
Kino (Kino’s Journey)
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Million Knives (Trigun)
ENTJ
Arsène Lupin III (Lupin the 3rd)
Harry Macdowell (Gungrave)
Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
INTP
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
L (Death Note)
ENTP
Skuld (Oh My Goddess)
Usopp (One Piece)

INFJ
Guts (Berserk)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
ENFJ
Dewey Novak (Eureka 7)
Lenalee Lee (D. Gray Man)
INFP
Tsukasa (.Hack/Sign)
Clause Valca (Last Exile)
ENFP
Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

ESTJ
Leorio (HunterxHunter)
Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo)
ISTJ
Goemon Ishikawa XIII (Lupin the 3rd)
Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic)
ISFJ
Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime no Ippo)
Youko Nakajima (12 Kingdoms)
ESFJ
Asuka Soryu (Evangelion)
Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)

ISFP
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
ESFP
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Excel Excel (Excel Saga)
ESTP
Killua Zaoldyeck (HunterxHunter)
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
ISTP
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no
they have constructed several threads like this, only more vast
and for the record
Itachi from Naruto is an INFJ for sure...just like Sasuke

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
A search for “Popular Culture and Type” topic titles with the word “anime” within them brings up only a thread specifically focused on Death Note while further manual observation will reveal a topic named “Naruto Characters!!!” on page 3. No other general anime topic was found. Could you please post the link to the topic you mentioned?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oops
the threads you speak of are the ones that i was alluding to
too bad they were not what i made them out to be

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kino? INTJ?

Hmm...

I only just started reading the first book. I'd say Hermes is an SJ of some sort.

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'll add some from Gundam Wing:

INTJ:
Heero Yui

ENTJ:
Zechs Merquise
Treize Khushrenada (possibly ENFJ)

INFJ:
Relena Peacecraft

INFP:
Quatre Winner

ESTP:
Duo Maxwell

ISTJ:
Chang Wufei
Trowa Barton
Lady Une

ISFJ:
Lucrezia Noin

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I've started watching "Death Note" and have really got into it.
Here is what I think of some of the main characters and their types.

L-INTP
Light-ENTJ
Soichiro (sp?)- ISTJ
Misa-ENFP
Matsuda-ESFP
Ryuk-ENTP

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Near -- INTJ

He may have been smart but he made a lot of intuitive leaps that the first L never would have taken, and would have been disastrous if he were wrong. Very typical INTJ.

Mello was probably an ENT of some sort. Not sure J or P, though.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Near -- INTJ

He may have been smart but he made a lot of intuitive leaps that the first L never would have taken, and would have been disastrous if he were wrong. Very typical INTJ.

Mello was probably an ENT of some sort. Not sure J or P, though.

I just got to the Near/Mello episodes today. I agree with you that Near is INTJ. He has a strong Ni function.

However, I think despite the role Mello has taken, I think that he is likely an F type. Probably ENFP. One of his main problems was that he let his emotions affect his decision making- something that neither Near or L ever did.

His obsession with beating Near is motivated by Fi but only as an auxiliary function.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I just got to the Near/Mello episodes today. I agree with you that Near is INTJ. He has a strong Ni function.

However, I think despite the role Mello has taken, I think that he is likely an F type. Probably ENFP. One of his main problems was that he let his emotions affect his decision making- something that neither Near or L ever did.

His obsession with beating Near is motivated by Fi but only as an auxiliary function.

I've seen him typed as ENFP -- though I've also heard of drama-lust created by ENTJs, and I've seen it happen. So I'm not so sure yet.

As the series goes on you figure that Near's motives are greatly influenced by his emotions but his decisions aren't, further nailing him into the INTJ coffin.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What would you say of Lucy from Elfen Lied? She definitely appears to be an IxTP of sorts and even as a child she was rather aloof, reserved, and emotionally unexpressive. However, her neuroticism as a teenager makes it harder to type her.
In other news I recently finished up the boxing anime, Ashita no Joe, a relatively obscure production within Western countries yet hailed as a famous classic in Japan. The anime became so popular that the death of one of the main characters inspired a funeral in real life while the protoganist, Joe Yabuki quickly became a pop cultural representative of the Japanese working class. It was perhaps one of the first sports animes to be released and almost certainly the first of the boxing genre. Type list:

Joe Yabuki- ESFP
Tohru Rikishi- ISTJ
Mammoth Nishi- INFP
Yohko Shiraki: INFJ

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
What would you say of Lucy from Elfen Lied? She definitely appears to be an IxTP of sorts and even as a child she was rather aloof, reserved, and emotionally unexpressive. However, her neuroticism as a teenager makes it harder to type her.

I would say that homicidal maniacs are virtually impossible to type. Nonetheless, her Si dominance seemed to be pretty clear from how she categorized all humans according to her childhood perceptions with a supporting Te auxillary, so I am going with ISTJ. Also, I would say Nyuu was an ENFP and that would make sense considering how inversed her personality was when she shifted.

Torai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shikamaru?

How about Shikamaru from Naruto? INTJ? He is introverted (I). He is very intuitive (N). He makes so many sexist jokes and remarks (T). And he is a very good strategist and a natural leader (J).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
How about Shikamaru from Naruto? INTJ? He is introverted (I). He is very intuitive (N). He makes so many sexist jokes and remarks (T). And he is a very good strategist and a natural leader (J).

INTP. He doesn't seem like a system builder at all, so INTJ doesn't really suit him. His logic is built on critical examination.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Would anyone care to try to type some Code Geass characters?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Would anyone care to try to type some Code Geass characters?

Lelouch Lamperouge - ENTP
Suzaku Kururugi - INFJ
C.C. - INTP
Nunnally Lamperouge - ISFP
Kallen Stadtfeld - ESTP
Li Xingke - INFP

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Lelouch Lamperouge - ENTP
Suzaku Kururugi - INFJ
C.C. - INTP
Nunnally Lamperouge - ISFP
Kallen Stadtfeld - ESTP
Li Xingke - INFP

That makes sense. The costumes could only be a product of dominant Ne.

I still can't help but laugh at their names, though.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That makes sense. The costumes could only be a product of dominant Ne.

I still can't help but laugh at their names, though.

Yah. Although I wouldn't mind wearing a Zero gettup. When else can you be called a Zero and think its pretty cool?