User Tag List

Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 955

Thread: The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

  1. #591
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I've only seen the anime.
    Aw no worries. I've only seen the anime too. I've just noticed that we have people of varying opinions and I can't help but wonder if we could attribute it to the fact that some have only seen the anime; Mikasa's character is quite subdued, so it behooves me to seek more information about her inner-dialogue before coming to a comfortable conclusion.

  2. #593
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tsunderes View Post
    Her attack style seems to be "hey this has worked before so I will continue to do this",she rarely seems to try anything new,whereas in Levi(INTJ I agree) we see someone who is more apt to creative attacks and risk taking in the sense of trying out different approaches.I don't see that in Mikasa so much,maybe that one time like I mentioned,but for the most part she knows what works for her,and she sticks to it,she's a prodigy because of her immense strength,Levi on the other hand is a prodigy because of his tactical approach to attacking.Therefore,I see little to no Ni.

    Haha ok,ok you got me,I haven't watched it in a while but let me try to recollect something:
    Note how Mikasa focuses the scope of her protection on a select few individuals,namely Eren and Armin,much like a Fi user would.
    Also,like I mentioned she only seems have joined the Corps in the first place because it catered to her motive of being close to/protecting Eren,she cares not for the cause,just her own agenda.

    Also,I don't understand where you are seeing Fe,she couldn't give two shits what happens to the others as long as her family is safe,it's very evident she is not concerned with how her choices may effect others as seen when she loses her will to live when she thinks Eren is dead,thus abandoning the soldiers she had been charged to lead.

    I would also like to mention that I did not say I saw alot of Fi as that would make her a Fi dom,which it is rather obvious she is not,I did however say I saw some Fi in her,tertiary Fi to be specific.

    I have to disagree with you,her whole character seems based upon Si when you consider the motivations behind her loyalties/actions.Why does she protect Eren?Because he saved her as a child and provided her with a home,something which she feels she must repay although he has probably forgotten about it since it occurred so long ago.Why is she so cold and stoic?Because of traumatic events in her past.She is rooted in the past,it dictates her actions in the present.The only Se I see is in her physical ability.

    In regards to your last paragraph,very good point,I could see how that might make her an INFJ as well as with your example of her saving the trapped people,in retrospect that does show a bit of Fe,although I will say Fi does not make you heartless,I'd help someone if it didn't hurt me in any way.I feel she helped the people because it did not inhibit her in any way,but if Eren where in trouble at that exact moment Mikasa would not think about it twice,she'd save Eren and leave the people to die.

    Also,in regards to personal experience ISTJ females sometimes seem to act like ISFJ's,especially when they are young.

    So,to wrap this up sorry but I see no INFJ or 4w5/5w4 in Mikasa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Mikasa - I think she's ISTJ. Initially thought ISFJ, but she strong arms her way into situations in a way that strikes me as Te. Sure, she doesn't try to "fit in", but on the other hand, she excels in every way that could be expected of her. Her main motive is to protect Eren; any type can be protective but she's only emotive about it under extreme pressure. 5w6 sp/sx. Could also see 9w8.

    I think Eren is ESFP counterphobic 6w7 or 7w8 sx/so. Basically the stock hero archetype of shonen anime or martial arts film that persists at any cost without any inherent talent besides drive.

    I think Armin is INFP phobic 6w5. phobic as hell. Not sure what instinct. So phobic that it makes me want to slap him into a million little pieces.

    Erwin - agreed - ENTJ 8w9 sp/sx
    Sorry for the late reply people.

    You two made some god points. So i guess she is an istj. Sigh the ruthless logic and the great debating skills of fi doms overwhelmed me once more.


    I wonder though if not for her fighting skils/stratergic skils whether your opinions would remain the same. And i wonder if the character develops a bit more whether dhe would change a bit?

    But for now istj it is for mikasa.

  3. #594
    Member Array Ukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Anyone wanna give a shot at Reiner? I see him as ENFJ but I want other peoples' input. Preferably by someone who's reading the manga.

    He just has a loooot of development in the manga, whereas he makes like 5 appearances in the anime. In fact, the anime ends right before his and a few others' heartbreaking story/character arc begins. And let me tell you, anime-only fans, that is one hell of a fucking arc.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

  4. #595
    under a groove Array Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,084

    Default

    Okay, I'm gonna give the Full Metal Panic series a shot after watching the original, then Fumoffu, then The Second Raid, and THEN reading the final light novel Always Stand By Me for intense Sousuke/Chidori shipping feelings.

    Full Metal Panic

    Sousuke Sagara - ISTJ 1w9>6w5>2w1 sp/so
    Chidori Kaname - ENFJ 6w7>2w3>8w7 so/sx
    Kurz Weber - ESFP 7w6>3w2>9w8 so/sx
    Melissa Mao - ESTP 6w7>8w7>3w4 sx/so
    Tessa Testarossa - INFJ 9w1>2w1>6w7 so/sx
    Gauron - ENTJ 8w7>7w8>3w4 sx/so
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  5. #596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    What makes you say F over T?

  6. #597
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maybetmp View Post
    What makes you say F over T?
    You raise a valid point. You watched the show, didn't you? Now I'm thinking INTP might be more accurate. Lain is "imprisoned" and mentally complex, but I don't see a lot of emotional depth. Good call.

    Although the INFP argument fits the show's cast better. If you compare Lain's family, the dad is probably ENTP, the mother ESTJ, and the sister ESFJ. The ESFJ sister is observed from an "anti-hero" point of view, however later in the show it is revealed that she is not an antagonist, but in fact a victim, probably to compare to most people in life from the show's symbolic standpoint.
    The mother, on the other hand, serves no purpose but to antagonize and coerce Lain.

    Having said this, if Lain were INTP then the ESFJ sister would play a much more antagonistic role; instead, she's looked on as the victim. But INFPs and ESFJs can get along very well, or so I have read. I get the feeling that the show is trying to show that Lain and her sister are both made of the "same stuff:" they would both be feelers, and Lain's sister would be a victim of imprisonment in reality, as with most of humanity, with her one redeeming quality being her understanding of emotion, her only real common ground with Lain. They're both feelers, so her loss is a tragedy, whereas something like this happening to her mother, we'd just say "Good riddance you jerk."

    You do raise a good point in that a lot of the show's dialect is presented more in logical statements than feelings.

  7. #598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    You raise a valid point. You watched the show, didn't you? Now I'm thinking INTP might be more accurate. Lain is "imprisoned" and mentally complex, but I don't see a lot of emotional depth. Good call.

    Although the INFP argument fits the show's cast better. If you compare Lain's family, the dad is probably ENTP, the mother ESTJ, and the sister ESFJ. The ESFJ sister is observed from an "anti-hero" point of view, however later in the show it is revealed that she is not an antagonist, but in fact a victim, probably to compare to most people in life from the show's symbolic standpoint.
    The mother, on the other hand, serves no purpose but to antagonize and coerce Lain.

    Having said this, if Lain were INTP then the ESFJ sister would play a much more antagonistic role; instead, she's looked on as the victim. But INFPs and ESFJs can get along very well, or so I have read. I get the feeling that the show is trying to show that Lain and her sister are both made of the "same stuff:" they would both be feelers, and Lain's sister would be a victim of imprisonment in reality, as with most of humanity, with her one redeeming quality being her understanding of emotion, her only real common ground with Lain. They're both feelers, so her loss is a tragedy, whereas something like this happening to her mother, we'd just say "Good riddance you jerk."

    You do raise a good point in that a lot of the show's dialect is presented more in logical statements than feelings.
    I did watch the show, actually. It's pretty awesome. I could honestly see Lain being either, but I'd lean more towards INTP. Besides, an INTP has the same functions (I guess, if you subscribe to cognitive functions) as an ESFJ only in reverse, so that could be a source of common ground in the sense that it's there, but it's hidden and needs to be coaxed out. I also wouldn't imagine that any given INFP would necessarily get along with an ESFJ better than an INTP would. That seems too dubious to me to use as a basis of your reasoning. I'd think that any healthy person of a given type will typically get along well with another healthy person of another given type. I'd imagine that most of what you read about Type A getting/not getting along with Type B is mostly anecdotal, which doesn't discredit it as evidence necessarily, but of course, take it with a proverbial molecule of NaCl.

  8. #599
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    K-on!
    Yui-ENFP 7w6 so/sx
    Ritsu-ESTP 7w8 sx/so
    Mio-INFJ 1w2 so/sp
    Tsumugi-INFP 9w1 so/sx
    Azusa-ISTJ 1w9 sp/so
    Sawako-ESFP 7w8 sx/so
    Ui-ISFJ 2w1 so/sp

    Toradora
    Taiga-ISFP cp6w7 sx/sp (Like Eminem)
    Ryuuji-ISFJ 1w2 so/sx
    Minori-ESFP 9w8 sx/so
    Kitamura-ENTP 7w6 so/sp
    Ami-ENFJ 3w4 so/sx

    Noragami
    Yato-ESFP 7w6 sp/sx
    Hiyori-ISFJ 2w1 so/sx
    Yukine-ISFP p6w7 sp/sx

    Kimi Ni Todoke
    Sawako-INFJ 2w1 so/sx
    Shota-ENFP 7w6 sx/so
    Ayane-ENTP 7w8 sp/sx
    Chizuru-ESFP 6w7 so/sx
    Sanada-ISTP 6w5 sp/so
    Kurumi-ENFJ 3w4 so/sx

    Bakemonogatari
    Araragi-INFP
    Senjougahara-ISTJ

    Love, Chunibyo, & other delusions
    Rikka-INFP 4w5 sx/sp
    Yuta-ISFJ 3w2 so/sp
    Nibutani-ENFJ 3w4 so/sx
    Dekomori-ENFJ 7w6 sx/so
    Kumin-ISFP 9w1 so/sp
    Toka-ISTJ 1w2 sp/so
    Kuzuha-ISFJ 2w1 so/sp
    Shichimiya- ENFP 4w3 sx/so
    Last edited by LadyLazarus; 03-13-2014 at 03:52 PM.

  9. #600
    Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masayama View Post
    Sword Art Online

    I signed up for this forum just to start a discussion on this!

    Kirito: INFJ (He reminds me of Kenshin of Rurouni Kenshin). Also has that akward Ni-Ti phase that I myself associate with. :/ He's possible a ennegram 5 w/ some wing?
    Asuna: ESFJ? (I'm having a tough time here. Could be ENFP too. I can't place her dominant function!)
    Lisbeth: ENFP (Ne dominant)
    Silica: ISFP
    Agil IXXJ? (complete mystery but if I had to guess, ISFJ?)
    Yui: INFP (Pretty definite!)
    Klein: ENFP
    Kayaba: INTP (I see the Ne)

    ALO Arc
    Kirigaya: ISTJ?
    King Oberon: ENTJ (Seems like a typical ENTJ villain)
    Sigurd: ENTJ
    Recon ISFP?
    I wanted to give this a BUMP after re-evaluating Asuna's type and coming across a few of Chanay's input in various threads about it as well. :P
    Yeah... she was a friend of mines in disguise, I wouldn't be surprised and I typed my friend as an ENFP before Chanay came on this board. I'm sure this will spark her curiosity as well.

    Anyways, I'm still rather stuck, but leaning more towards ESFJ now. She still seems viewed as more traditional and based on social order and being sociable. Odd how other threads, female INFJ view her as INFJ. In SAO, they fight for the same cause, but walk a different path which makes them almost rivals, yet Kirito is always there to help her out as she puts herself more out there than himself and often because she does, she gets into problems. Asuna works with a system and what may seem practical to her and everyone else. Kirito sees things differently and typically works alone against the established system. Sees the flaws. Relates to this link as well http://www.preludecharacteranalysis....s/esfj/vs/infj

Similar Threads

  1. The Official MBTI of Anime Characters Thread =)
    By Elfboy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 09:23 AM
  2. MBTI appeal of Death Note anime?
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 12-25-2015, 03:42 PM
  3. Your fav anime list!
    By Fluffywolf in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-18-2013, 08:19 PM
  4. The Anime/Manga Enneagram Types Thread
    By Viridian in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 04:58 PM
  5. Pokemon anime MBTI
    By JFrombaugh in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO