• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Grand List of Anime MBTI Types

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyah (I'm shocked no one has covered it yet):

Kyon: ISTJ

Haruhi Suzumiyah: ENTJ

Itsuki Koizumi: ?NFJ

Mikuru Asahina: ESF?

Yuki Nagato: INTJ

Also, Lain from Serial Experiments Lain: INTP

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I know the manga is probably too insane to type, but what about Axis Powers Hetalia? Anyone want to give that a go?

America: ENFP/ ESFP
UK: hmm... INTJ?
France: ESFJ?
Russia: ENFJ?

not familiar with all of the others

One Day

MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm surprised no one did Initial D yet (or is there? I searched but found nothing). I'll make a few guesses now. Maybe someone can help fill in the rest...

Takumi Fujiwara - INTP?
Itsuki Takeuchi - ESFP
Natsuki Mogi - ?
Kouichiro Iketani - ?
Kenji - ?
Ryosuke Takahashi - INTJ
Keisuke Takahashi - E?F?
Mako Sato - INF?
Sayuki - ESFP

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I'm surprised that no one's executed this idea yet (Go me!). The purpose of this thread is to list the types of specific anime characters to eventually construct a grand list. I decided to go ahead and list a few of my own to get things started though characters that have already been typed by other people can still of course be discussed and typed by another.

INTJ
Kino (Kino’s Journey)
Lord Ilpalazzo (Excel Saga)
Million Knives (Trigun)
ENTJ
Arsène Lupin III (Lupin the 3rd)
Harry Macdowell (Gungrave)
Roy Mustang (Full Metal Alchemist)
INTP
Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)
L (Death Note)
ENTP
Skuld (Oh My Goddess)
Usopp (One Piece)

INFJ
Guts (Berserk)
Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
ENFJ
Dewey Novak (Eureka 7)
Lenalee Lee (D. Gray Man)
INFP
Tsukasa (.Hack/Sign)
Clause Valca (Last Exile)
ENFP
Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade)
Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

ESTJ
Leorio (HunterxHunter)
Mamoru Takamura (Hajime no Ippo)
ISTJ
Goemon Ishikawa XIII (Lupin the 3rd)
Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic)
ISFJ
Ippo Makunouchi (Hajime no Ippo)
Youko Nakajima (12 Kingdoms)
ESFJ
Asuka Soryu (Evangelion)
Kagome Higurashi (Inuyasha)

ISFP
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
ESFP
Eikichi Onizuka (Great Teacher Onizuka)
Excel Excel (Excel Saga)
ESTP
Killua Zaoldyeck (HunterxHunter)
Mugen (Samurai Champloo)
ISTP
Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)

Dewey couldn't have been an NF, he was way too violent. He was ENTJ. I would like to add Renton, or at least Eureka as INFJ.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Lets try Fate/Stay Night.

Shiro Emiya: ISFJ
Sakura Matou: INFJ
Shinji Matou: ESFP
Rin Tohsaka: ESTP
Saber: ISFJ
Rider: ISTJ
Archer: ISTP
Illyasviel von Einzbern: ENTP
Kirei Kotomine: INTJ
Gilgamesh: ENTJ

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Dewey couldn't have been an NF, he was way too violent. He was ENTJ. I would like to add Renton, or at least Eureka as INFJ.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that he wasn’t an NF. He was a charismatic, visionary, but the majority of his psychopathic traits seem to be more along the lines of someone like Jim Jones (possible ENFJ). His actions aren’t really in line with what any sane or healthy type would do so I wouldn’t contribute them to T of F. Eureka I could definitely see as INFJ but Renton seemed to be more ENFP.

Lets try Fate/Stay Night.

Yes, yes, made of win. Someone finally mentioned Type-Moon.

Shirou seemed really ISFP to me. His major flaw is his tendency to act without taking into account any future consequences and he has an unhealthy obsession with his Fi-based values. His understanding of other people is bad enough that it’d seem bizarre for him to have secondary Fe and other than his really conservative gender beliefs, he doesn’t seem to have any major Si. Huge contrast to Tohsaka and Saber who both seem to be Te-doms; Rin’s ENTJ and Saber is a fairly straightforward ISTJ, which is partly why Rin is able to reason with her better than the Fi-dominate Shirou. The only other type I can see Tohsaka as is ESTJ as her background would make her seem a lot more NT than she possibly is. But her constant strategy meetings, tendency to assume group leadership, and straightforward manner of communication make her seem like the most J of the cast. Sakura seems ISFJ but she could also be a really broken INFJ. Archer seems to be a really screwed up and cynical ISFP…

As for Tsukihime:

Shiki Tohno: INTP
Akiha Tohno: ESTJ
Kohaku: INTJ
Hisui: ISFJ?
Ciel: ISTJ
Arcueid: ESFP

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trigun

Meryl = ESTJ ?

Wolfwood = ISFP or maybe ISTP
He fits the ISTP stereotype well, but I don't know.

Vash = ENFP and Knives = INTJ
This might be a good example of ENFP-INTJ interaction. Remember the scene from their "childhood," when the butterfly was caught in the spider web?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyah (I'm shocked no one has covered it yet):

Kyon: ISTJ

Haruhi Suzumiyah: ENTJ

Itsuki Koizumi: ?NFJ

Mikuru Asahina: ESF?

Yuki Nagato: INTJ

Also, Lain from Serial Experiments Lain: INTP

I'd think Asahina would be ISFP maybe.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I added Holland Novak (eureka seven) an INTJ.
I added Renton Thurston (eureka seven) as INFP.
I added Eureka Thurston (eureka seven) an INTP.
I added Sayoko (Melody of Oblivion) as ENFP.
I added Raki (claymore) as ENFP.
I added Giget (Eureka Seven) as ESFP.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INFJ
Clare (Claymore)

Imo. :p

I have to add Raki as an ENFP, and I've been rewatching the series. I'm surprised at how F Clare acts, in a dehumanized sort of way.

Last edited:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I would say that Eureka from E7 is INFJ and that Renton from E7 is INTP.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Alphonse - INFP
Edward - INTJ
Mustang - ENTP
Scar - ISTJ
imo

more later... if I feel like it.

I knew there was a reason I liked it so much, its a show full of NTs as apposed to the usual anime SP hero SJ rival with an ENTJ/INTJ as the villian and an XNTP as some kind of supporting character that only exists to move the plot forward.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fairy Tail (manga)
230px-FairyTail-Volume_1_Cover.jpg

Lucy- INFP
Natsu (aka Salamander)- ESFP
Happy- ENTP
Igneel- INFJ
Plue-INFP
Kirby Melon- ISFJ
Duke of Evaroo- ESTJ
Vanish Brothers- shorter one: INTJ
Taller one: ISTP
Kemu Zaleon- ISFJ
Makarov- ENTJ
Loki- ESFP
Gray Fullbuster- ESTP
Erza Scarlet- ESTJ
Shinigami Eligor- INTJ
Mirajane- INFJ
Kageyama- INFJ
Rayure- ENTJ
Beard- INTP
Karakka- ISTP
Bob- ENFP
Goldmine- ISTJ
Lullaby- INTP
Sieglein- ENTP
Luxus Dreher- ESTJ
Mist Gun- IXXJ (such an introvert that he'd put the whole room to sleep to avoid small talk)
Deliora- XXXX
Yuuka- INTJ
Toby- ESFP
Sherry- ENFJ
Reitei Leon (Zero Emperor)- INTJ
Ur- XNXX
Lyra- INFJ
Nav Lazaro- INTP
Zarti- INTJ
Reedus Johnner- ISFJ
Macau Convault- ENFP

Last edited:

Proselyte

MBTI Type
EPIC
Haruhi is ESTP - very spontaneous and doesn't think things through. And Yuki (robot girl) is ISTJ. She doen't make intuitive leaps or anything, but is very methodical and knows what she's doing. It is irritating when people type characters that fit her stereotype as N's.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't believe some of the people on this thread. It seems you are just adding any random mbti type for any random anime character? More than half the people on this thread doesnt seem to know crap about reading mbti types on anyone.
Please note: THINKERS..... can feel too. If a thinker cares about someone it does not mean he's a feeler. I'm sure the next thinker you meet would feel distressed and saddened if someone close to him died. If someone is nice or caring, it also does not mean he is a feeler.
Anyways, here is a list of characters from different animes and their mbti types.

Death Note

L - INTP
Yagami Light - INTJ
Near - INTJ
Misa Amane - ENFP
Mello - ISTJ
Shinigami Ryuk - ISTP

Code Geass

Lelouch Lamperouge - INTJ
Nunnally Lamperouge - INFJ
C.C. - INTP
Shirley Fenette - ESFJ
Kururugi Suzaku - ISTJ
Kallen Stadtfeld - ESTP
Rolo Lamperouge - ISFP
Viletta Nu - ENTJ
Kaname Ohgi - ISFJ
Milly Ashford - ENTP
Jeremiah Gottwald - ESTJ
Charles Di Britannia - ENTJ
Cornelia Li Britannia - ENTJ
Schneizel El Britannia - ENTJ
Marianne Vi Britannia - ENTP
Euphemia Li Britannia - ENFJ

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya - ENTP (Initially an INTP)
Kyon - INFP (I'd love to explain this. I'm guessing some people would ultimately disagree)
Yuki Nagato - ISTJ
Mikuru Asahina - ENFJ
Itsuki Koizumi - INTJ

Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan

Kamina - ENTP
Young Simon - ISFP
Old Simon - INFJ
Yoko - ESFJ
Nia - INFP
Spiral King - ESTJ
Rossiu - ISTJ
Kittan - ESTP

Naruto

Naruto - ENFP
Sasuke - INTJ
Sakura - ENFJ
Kakashi - ISTP
Itachi - INTJ
Gaara - Initially INFJ although through torture and torment he became an ISTJ and then after his fight with naruto he became INTJ.
Rock lee - ESFJ
Neji - ISTJ

One piece

Luffy: ENFP
Zoro: ISTP
Nami: INTP
Usopp: ENFP
Sanji: ESTP
Chopper: ISFP
Robin: INTJ
Franky: ENFJ

I may have made a mistake or two in some of the minor characters but nevertheless, this would be an accurate reading of the characters of a few different animes. Id be happy to explain why the characters are their mbti types.

Another note: Most anime main characters are most likely intuitives. Maybe because they are more interesting or because more intuitives watch anime. It doesnt matter. Just something you may want to look out for.

If a person acts differently than another person it does not mean they can't have the same personality types. It just means their beliefs, ideas, interests or/and culture could be different. SO it's pretty stupid to say, "That character doesnt act like that other character so they can't be the same mbti type".

To the person who posted above me: ENTPs are ultimately more spontaneous than ESTPs. Haruhi cannot be other than an Intuitive. A sensor who indulges themselves in aliens, time travelers and ESPs? Definately not. Sensors are down to earth and are never usually interested in science fiction or fantasy. Intuitives tend more to do random things than sensors too. This is a result of thinking too much. Haruhi does think, but she thinks out loud which means that shell say anything that would come in her mind. This is only when she is in a good mood of course. Im not saying sensors dont think though. They use their senses and determine what they should do according to what they are sensing. They are more practical and look at things as they are. (please do not in your own mind differentiate a sensor and an intuitive with this small bit of information I've given. There is of course much more to it than this)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(did anybody see RahXephon? care to type main characters?)

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I can't believe some of the people on this thread. It seems you are just adding any random mbti type for any random anime character? More than half the people on this thread doesnt seem to know crap about reading mbti types on anyone.
Please note: THINKERS..... can feel too. If a thinker cares about someone it does not mean he's a feeler. I'm sure the next thinker you meet would feel distressed and saddened if someone close to him died. If someone is nice or caring, it also does not mean he is a feeler.
Anyways, here is a list of characters from different animes and their mbti types.

Death Note

L - INTP
Yagami Light - INTJ
Near - INTJ
Misa Amane - ENFP
Mello - ISTJ
Shinigami Ryuk - ISTP

Just so you know almost everything you siad has been discussed earllier in this thread. But just to do a little picking, mellow is not a T nor is he an S, and Ryuk is ENTP.